The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 58,684
Blast9 1st February 2011

I would like to use the monitor outputs of my Scarlett 18i8 audio interface to feed into 4 headphones. After some research (I'm...

Briac
replies: 9 views: 419
Briac 1 hour ago

I need help knowing (not necessarily understanding) what is good/bad numbers and important/not so important numbers reading AD/DA...

Saturations
replies: 14 views: 381
Monotremata 4 hours ago

The other day, just for kicks I set up a couple cheap Sansa mp3 players and used them to record my drum kit. the result was...

hebjam
replies: 9 views: 805
Still atthe Core 5 hours ago

I have a very modest home recording setup and I hope you can help me address some vocal recording issues. I'm not happy with the...

jovor
replies: 7 views: 253
64gtoboy 7 hours ago

The title says it all!!! But WOW, I mean, I called in to this company & kindly/politely advised that I was looking to get a...

traxkeyzvox
replies: 33 views: 10,150
traxkeyzvox 9 hours ago

Can you use balanced cables to tap inserts on a mixer (one click) to get a direct out for the channel? Or does it have to be an...

mandodon
replies: 8 views: 2,223
bitman 13 hours ago

I am just curious what people who have owned them or even heard them think about their quality as a speaker. I find it a bit...

doom3crazy
replies: 48 views: 4,304
vx2000 14 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for sheets of foam that I can use to replace the worn away foam over the capsule of my two SM58's, and also for...

Konan
replies: 5 views: 363
Konan 16 hours ago

Hey, I'm new to music production. I've already chosen my gear and I just need to buy it now, but I got stuck at my interface. My...

Horizon7777
replies: 3 views: 245
Horizon7777 17 hours ago

Well, its time to upgrade and im pretty almost sure about to buy a Audient ID14 but just saw the Tascam so cheap and im...

Fremen Warrior
replies: 0 views: 219
Fremen Warrior 18 hours ago

1k budget for vocal mic with fantastic bottom end but also cut through mix, with great presence and nice high end. Suggestions?

Krush411
replies: 8 views: 467
chessparov2.0 18 hours ago

Hey guys I am the proud owner of a fireface ucx that I bought used. Its a beast of an interface, rock solid on PC and mac...

lossleader
replies: 1 views: 366
wrgkmc 19 hours ago

There's many nice posts on GS on all the classic pro multitracks and quite a few about tape in general. But some of us can't...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 14 views: 591
Jim Williams 20 hours ago

I've been reading up on how the GAP 73 can be modded for optimal performance by changing out transistors and transformers etc. ...

blotto
replies: 5 views: 996
Jim Williams 20 hours ago

I wondered how it's possible to reamp a bass without a reamp box? Currently recording a very nice rock band and their bass...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 2 views: 251
Midwood.Studio 20 hours ago

I'm not a drummer, but want to start playing a little bit, and want to buy an inexpensive kit to learn on, but that is ok to...

xmission
replies: 40 views: 1,059
Duke Murdock 21 hours ago

Hi everyone, Here for a quick question. I want some secondary monitors for my home, I ll be getting the presonous eris e4.5 or...

Pranab Kumar
replies: 0 views: 223
Pranab Kumar 23 hours ago

How much of an improvement in quality could I expect to see from an ISA one + ADC (via SPDIF) versus direct line input into a...

lilgreg
replies: 6 views: 406
Bushman 1 day ago

Hi everyone, Well I'm 30 now, but started my own recordings on XP in 04'-05' lol. After having hard drives crash, lack of...

jaguarguitar
replies: 42 views: 1,676
Cardinal_SINE 1 day ago

Hi! I am looking into getting a new sub for my studio, its a reasonably small space and treated well, i have looked into loads...

Matt Pumpkin
replies: 2 views: 328
Poinzy 1 day ago

I have an Alesis RA300 amp that has been collecting dust in my jam room and want to connect it to my media computer and/or phone....

DrTrusz
replies: 1 views: 304
AnalogOverdose 1 day ago

I'm sure there has been countless discussions, but I'd like to know what you're personal favorite tape simulator plugins are. I...

HammyMLR
replies: 36 views: 26,050
Moon Unit Sound 1 day ago

Hi everyone, thanks for the help! I'm thinking about buying an outboard compressor, a FMR RNLA, given that one has popped one...

SoothsayerRec
replies: 31 views: 643
Moon Unit Sound 1 day ago

They look like the Manley Ref C OEM capsule. I see several places selling them, including beesneez and microphoneparts.com....

zohomoho
replies: 9 views: 587
spambot_2 1 day ago

So guys, for some time ago i had an at4040 that had a damaged capsule (made weird noises, hums, hisses) but since i live in south...

rafferty
replies: 0 views: 307
rafferty 2 days ago

Hello All, I am looking for a microphone to record solo cello but also be versatile so I can use it for other instruments as...

Borz
replies: 12 views: 440
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Id like to keep it around 1000$ a pair but I can splurge a bit it warrants the purchase. Maybe 1500$ or less a pair. These will...

doom3crazy
replies: 67 views: 6,393
Bushman 2 days ago

I've been very happy with my Soundcraft EFX8 for several years. The group I play in has 5 vocalists and 3 instruments (guitar,...

Nate74
replies: 4 views: 328
Sebastian N 2 days ago

I was about to buy a pair of Adam F5 but then I saw the new JBL LSR305 monitors and they look intriguing. Has anyone heard the...

zakufan
replies: 507 views: 235,458
Bluzzi 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get something instead of my current Sennheiser HD 25 I-II's as I am spending a lot more time in the...

Konan
replies: 5 views: 441
Konan 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I today fixed a vintage SM58 as a wire had come loose, and was nearly at the end of my tether- I kept soldering, for...

Konan
replies: 0 views: 320
Konan 2 days ago

What's the best way to rack-mount something like this or a guitar pedal? Wanted to stick it in an anvil type case for...

goom
replies: 6 views: 1,842
CaptJ 2 days ago

I have a small 4ohm tube amp. I generally bypass the tiny 4 or 6 “ speaker and plug into an external cab with matching...

NoPro
replies: 7 views: 344
wrgkmc 2 days ago

So many people record amazing music in low keyhome studios these days. Post pics of cool people doing it well. Here are a...

emilysuper
replies: 5 views: 821
WorldPowerLabs 2 days ago

Hey gang, Long time lurker here, never posted before, but I've recently gotten the opportunity to open my own studio. Things...

Veritas521
replies: 22 views: 702
Matt Syson 2 days ago

Hello guys. my rode PROcaster needs alot of gain . and my focuserite SOLO cant handle it . when I set my interface gain near...

njj
replies: 29 views: 721
TheBigMove 3 days ago

Hey, I just picked up a pair of powered Mackie PA speakers- the Thump TH-15A's. They sound surprisingly good, except at very...

zulusound
replies: 28 views: 27,584
TheBigMove 3 days ago

This topic seems to pop up from time to time. Does anybody have information about the Tascam MTS-1000 Midiizer or ATS-500? Would...

Lamar.Fandango
replies: 4 views: 893
wheyface 3 days ago

Hello there! I'm looking to get a similar sound to Billy Childish's albums like Devil in the flesh and Crime against...

fran907
replies: 7 views: 512
fran907 3 days ago

Hi everyone! I am in the market for a cassette recorder. I have recently identified that I like the sounds of my recordings...

Goat Punishment
replies: 9 views: 623
soundebler 3 days ago

Alrighhht I'm looking to record a demo and was after advice on recording vocals through a guitar amp. I've got a Fender Hot...

spamtheman
replies: 9 views: 3,592
apoehler 3 days ago

Dear all, I have the MDX 2100 (it is from around 1995-96) - and yes it is still going strong! Just curious to know what...

Blast9
replies: 31 views: 10,240
soundmodel 3 days ago

hi, I just got the Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer and test it with my setup and it works wonderfully together. One thing I fail to...

jze
replies: 0 views: 263
jze 3 days ago

I normally have to sell a bunch of stuff and buy my next thing immediately or else I'd spend it on something dumb like food or...

goom
replies: 36 views: 1,373
hello people 3 days ago

I'm in the market for one of the following monitors: - Genelec 8040B - Eve Audio SC208 - Eve Audio SC305 - Presonus Sceptre...

vwruuska
replies: 14 views: 3,883
Electric_Haggis 4 days ago

Hello, I am looking to create an in home setup to use for recording/listening back to myself play. I will be making solo...

chrispyhorn
replies: 14 views: 383
bill5 4 days ago

Okay, first off, a few disclaimers: - I apologize in advance for the long post - I know next to nothing about electronics,...

Moon Unit Sound
replies: 20 views: 930
Moon Unit Sound 4 days ago

Hi all. Yes, I am a luddite and use a 2006 iMac as my main home studio computer. My needs and wants are pretty simple and it...

suburbanbeat
replies: 4 views: 425
suburbanbeat 4 days ago

hi to all, i am looking for some small speakers or a soundbar for listening to my mixes since now i use my old and trusty...

Deleted User
replies: 4 views: 489
TurboJets 4 days ago

Hi there! So long story short, I need an audio interface with a minimum of 8 analog I/O and atleast 8 Digital I/O for under...

modii
replies: 14 views: 646
Zen Studios 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search