The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 56,503
Blast9 1st February 2011

Yesterday, I've bought a Rode NT1-A to upgrade my vocal chain. At home I've got a Scarlett 2i2 preamp, with a $30 CM25 condenser...

bpmtapperkun
replies: 48 views: 1,478
chessparov2.0 58 minutes ago

I know this has been covered and I've been researching on and off for years now. I've tried various cheap preamps over the years...

VTNate
replies: 33 views: 992
arsmusic 1 hour ago

I’m currently looking for a 4-channel mic preamp. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with the options and I’d like some...

occam
replies: 5 views: 352
deuc647 3 hours ago

I'm moving into a much smaller apartment then where I'm currently living to downsize. I've sold off all my gear and I'm...

Jsol
replies: 5 views: 236
TurboJets 4 hours ago

I’m a simple guitarist and songwriter. I have been using an iD14 for more than a year, which has been great for my needs. I...

Spaaceboy
replies: 3 views: 180
Spaaceboy 4 hours ago

I've read a few other posts on this very subject. It seems that the RNC or Pro VLA 1 or 2 are my best choices for what I want to...

Braintree56
replies: 16 views: 281
TurboJets 4 hours ago

Hi! Can you recommend me some affordable earbuds? - for checking my mixes on my tablet - casual listening - backup...

G-Sun
replies: 1 views: 112
CJ Mastering 7 hours ago

Hi, I’m looking for a 50’s 60’s EV mic or similar to use for live performance. I’m a Baritone country singer. I use a...

Mischief
replies: 29 views: 539
Mischief 7 hours ago

Who is this product for? People with Dynamic (or Ribbon) microphones that have a problem with mic recordings being too quiet or...

minervx
replies: 0 views: 126
minervx 14 hours ago

Apologies for the 5 min length (I tried to make this as concise as possible). I'm not an audio professional, so forgive any...

minervx
replies: 0 views: 121
minervx 16 hours ago

I got 6 humbuckers in a trade. I have a lap steel which only requires 1. 2 of the pickups read 11.6 and have R on one and F on...

NoPro
replies: 2 views: 153
NoPro 17 hours ago

Was looking at having a dabble with some 500 units... What's a good place to start... I'm a total noob at this 500...

John lennon
replies: 7 views: 313
SydBeretta 18 hours ago

New version of the GAP 73 preamps. Now also in style with the original. The EQ version seems a bit odd though.

bace
replies: 3 views: 396
dickiefunk 20 hours ago

can someone comment on these please? Oktava -- Shop

hombre
replies: 3 views: 1,097
steppert 21 hours ago

This MIDI keyboard seems to have everything I'm looking for and is well within my budget. Keys have a great feel, pads are on the...

Metal123
replies: 0 views: 134
Metal123 22 hours ago

Hi, I’m looking to move out of the box, and start doing things more hardware-based. This is the gear I have: - A...

vetlevg
replies: 1 views: 275
CJ Mastering 22 hours ago

Audio friends. Halp. I have a set of JBL SLR2300 monitors. had them for a few years. They're okay. Never had any huge...

cpanico
replies: 12 views: 3,443
shmuelyosef 22 hours ago

Okay, I understand the monitoring and mixing have a lot of variables, so here is my scene.... I have a partially treated room...

foamboy
replies: 3 views: 261
deedeeyeah 23 hours ago

Hi, Taking a look at a Fostex R8 that a guy says I can have for £140. Not used in 10 years. When it was last use was working...

guntherbuffalo
replies: 7 views: 285
David W. Jones 23 hours ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,379 views: 517,449
Mr Funk 1 day ago

(the dirt is from a sansamp vtdi, jazz bass had bill lawrence scn/s and a preamp at the time)

adi77
replies: 0 views: 186
adi77 1 day ago

Dear friends! I'm a proud owner of the Weissklang V13 ldc mic, which sounds fantastic (for that price!!), BUT in order to...

georgehenderson
replies: 3 views: 477
Arthur Stone 1 day ago

Humbucker has red, white, yellow , black and bare wire. Somebody gave me the pickup and I have no idea what color for basic...

NoPro
replies: 3 views: 220
NoPro 1 day ago

ExzETWkSh6s Sounds pretty sweet to me...The U87Ai has more presence bit its boomy. Going into a Neve 1173

John lennon
replies: 1 views: 294
Black Imp 1 day ago

Has anyone that actually owns a Neve 1073 A/B'd it against the latest contenders, Heritage Audio HA73EQ, or the Warm Audio WA73?...

LSP
replies: 2 views: 385
MickeyMassacre 1 day ago

What would be the best way to go about recording both the guitar DI signal as well as a guitar amp at once? I need the signal...

Metal123
replies: 1 views: 230
truelegend 1 day ago

Hi All, I've seen a few System 8 threads which were great in helping me to decide whether to buy or not, and I did in the end. ...

NoHatNoSwim
replies: 8 views: 3,188
y2kalaki 1 day ago

Hey guys, I have a Mackie CR1604-VLZ and some mics and instruments. I record myself and some friends, nothing pro or serious. I...

MrSomtam
replies: 17 views: 733
Johnny Mack 1 day ago

What do you think? I mean are they the same just one has better features? The one beast is only 150$ more is it worth a try?...

thevisi0nary
replies: 73 views: 24,303
TheRealMacVibez 1 day ago

I'm too OCD when it comes to editing and mixing and my mixes sound like utter crap. I need a DAW controller to take my eyes off...

goom
replies: 1 views: 231
Johnny Mack 1 day ago

Hi. Here is the my some test acapella recording. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHfCnQ-A0Y I find a good USB condenser...

Erdem Alsirt
replies: 3 views: 329
wrgkmc 2 days ago

Hi, I'm trying to pin the sound of lead vocal ambience/reverb in YouTube It's not very complicated sound, yet I'm unsatisfied...

consmash
replies: 3 views: 270
Crash 2 days ago

What microphones have you used that work well for recording Trombone under $500.00? The Telefunken M82 and Shure SM7B have been...

homestudioguy
replies: 20 views: 1,801
Rob Coates 2 days ago

I know people tend to like Soundcraft quality over Yamaha, but the Signature 12 MTK retails for ~$449 and the Yamaha retails for...

ggodfrey
replies: 4 views: 1,581
kashmvnyl1fe 2 days ago

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to buy a used Yamaha SPX 900. I want to use it to practice singing through a monitor over a...

nickfox
replies: 2 views: 262
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hi, Can anyone help me find a Calibration tape for a Fostex G16? Is there a way to setup the device correctly without...

steaddn
replies: 3 views: 359
Level Anything 2 days ago

seems they're available in the US. does anybody have them and can compare to the originals? curious.

DrAudioBot
replies: 8 views: 696
SyneRyder 2 days ago

Does anybody here have hands on experience with the bew Audient ASP 880 pre? - How do you like the sound? - How quiet is...

rojaros
replies: 62 views: 20,013
sufitek 2 days ago

I've googled and can't find an answer to this issue. I just purchased a Zoom 6 and it came with an SD card. I followed the...

CarlaH
replies: 1 views: 213
Schoeller 2 days ago

Are there any decent microphone preamps for vocals out there between 100 - 200?

vintagetones
replies: 17 views: 691
Ardis 3 days ago

I just ordered the Neve R10 500 series rack. Currently just putting a couple of Neve 542's in it. I am thinking that I can...

quincyg
replies: 2 views: 258
quincyg 3 days ago

Currently, I live in an apartment. The walls and ceiling of my room are covered with big heavy blankets and I have a big rug on...

minervx
replies: 16 views: 658
bowzin 3 days ago

It was my first preamp. I had a pci audio card that i connected it to by m-audio as well. it supposedly has 75dB og gain which is...

nt2a
replies: 39 views: 3,358
Rolleum 3 days ago

Going to be having a play as Drum room mics.I modded them with XLR jacks cooge https://i.imgur.com/xtQPB0r.jpg

John lennon
replies: 76 views: 1,951
Papa Tom 3 days ago

I'm looking to upgrade my monitors but can't really spend over £250. These two had good reviews, not sure which to buy? or does...

hetty
replies: 22 views: 16,434
Puffer Fish 3 days ago

I'm new here, so hello everyone. For sometime I'm looking for a new monitors, and its not easy at all. First I went for...

Matckhew
replies: 0 views: 260
Matckhew 3 days ago

Im bout to go into recording, I want my drum programming to be like LA Reids was in the 80s and also other modern types of...

SOUND BOMBING
replies: 0 views: 228
SOUND BOMBING 3 days ago

Hello All! I finally sat down and recorded a few different microphones on trombone. All the details can be found at the...

JBled85
replies: 21 views: 2,964
secret secret 4 days ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 899 views: 147,164
vagon 4 days ago

Hi Folks, I just bought an e5000 Ultra and it has a problem. It outputs a constant buzzing or squarewavy repetetive...

HOLY G
replies: 0 views: 208
HOLY G 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search