The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 56,700
Blast9 1st February 2011

What are your thoughts on the CL-1 and 2? It seems like these would be studio standards at this point but I really don't see...

CipM
replies: 15 views: 1,031
Bryce 20 minutes ago

So I've been looking around for a good synth and recently I have been looking at Absynth 5 from Native Instruments for hip-hop...

Megashot12
replies: 3 views: 156
synthpunk 3 hours ago

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a Focusrite Clarett. I'm trying to decide between the 4pre and 8pre. I'll want to be able to...

jgstarcaster
replies: 8 views: 469
doom3crazy 3 hours ago

Hey guys, I just wanted to get some feedback on these two low-end Lexicon reverbs. I currently own and am pleased with my MPX...

AldenW
replies: 4 views: 3,074
MarkF48 3 hours ago

Looking at the revive audio mod for the warm audio wa-2a. any one had it done yet? I saw the post on their site and heard some...

mequaz
replies: 43 views: 3,188
TheRealMacVibez 5 hours ago

Hey all, I've been out of the recording gear game for a minute (12ish years) and I reckon it's time to enter the current decade....

RedfoxRambler
replies: 12 views: 459
RedfoxRambler 5 hours ago

Hello! Sorry if this question already been asked. And sorry, cause my question can be ultra nooby :) I was trying to choose my...

Bugogo
replies: 13 views: 319
adrianww 6 hours ago

I've read a few other posts on this very subject. It seems that the RNC or Pro VLA 1 or 2 are my best choices for what I want to...

Braintree56
replies: 19 views: 510
Hozay 7 hours ago

I know this has been covered and I've been researching on and off for years now. I've tried various cheap preamps over the years...

VTNate
replies: 64 views: 1,905
Piedpiper 7 hours ago

I'm too OCD when it comes to editing and mixing and my mixes sound like utter crap. I need a DAW controller to take my eyes off...

goom
replies: 2 views: 300
Troychapman 9 hours ago

Hi all, While doing some research on Google, I stumbled upon this Mic Preamp from our dear friends at Alctron that immediately...

musimedia
replies: 80 views: 35,613
jkojic 10 hours ago

I'm looking to upgrade my monitors but can't really spend over £250. These two had good reviews, not sure which to buy? or does...

hetty
replies: 23 views: 16,600
dexxsonic 13 hours ago

seems they're available in the US. does anybody have them and can compare to the originals? curious.

DrAudioBot
replies: 29 views: 1,203
son of soulohio 14 hours ago

OI! Low End Theory! Hey guys, just moved, setting up my studio, decided I needed 8 more inputs, bought a Behringer ADA 8200 to...

nowaysj
replies: 260 views: 55,657
monkeyxx 14 hours ago

I recently received 3 different iSK microphones from Kris at iSK Pro Audio who is the new distributor in North America for iSK...

TurboJets
replies: 14 views: 3,479
Albertagada 15 hours ago

I just got a used Behringer ADA8000 for connection to my Babyface Pro, via ADAT optical. I get an annoying hum from the ADA8000. ...

Studebaker
replies: 1 views: 206
jude 21 hours ago

Hello! I am new to this wonderful forum, so treat me like a 1at grader when it comes to explaining things :) I was just...

Ender_Mist
replies: 0 views: 171
Ender_Mist 21 hours ago

Hi folks - looking to expand the mic locker - got some ideas myself but looking for some ideas to research. I record mostly...

Albatross
replies: 3 views: 233
CrunkThanAMug 22 hours ago

What is your favourite Sub for small budget? JBL, KRK, Yamaha? It's for matching for my sets of NS-10 and Proac Studio...

laperlestudio
replies: 9 views: 481
Cardinal_SINE 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I´m a songwritter, I play indie/alternative rock and my voice is slightly nasal and edgy a little midrangey, I...

nobody loves me
replies: 25 views: 677
son of soulohio 1 day ago

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on this forum and I am pretty inexperienced so forgive me if I seem Ignorant. I am...

akumu
replies: 9 views: 390
bowzin 1 day ago

Looking for cheap Blank 500 panels and Thumbscrews in U.S.. Tx

synthpunk
replies: 3 views: 223
synthpunk 1 day ago

so i bought one of these pre's for the heck of it...got it for $40...figured i would do a tube swap and just play around with...

drewbonez
replies: 13 views: 5,322
Rob Coates 1 day ago

I love my FocusRite Solo interface, but I totally missed one important feature when I bought it last year. I sometimes have to...

Papa Tom
replies: 8 views: 277
Papa Tom 1 day ago

Hi, I know there are a lot of topic about LSR 305 but after researching in this forum, I cannot choose between LSR 305 and...

Nothing Left
replies: 49 views: 14,189
VenVile 1 day ago

debating between rode nt1 vs sm57 vs. sm58. open to other options. for vocals. tenor pitch. r&b and rock music. no...

minervx
replies: 84 views: 3,034
Tirmu 1 day ago

ExzETWkSh6s Sounds pretty sweet to me...The U87Ai has more presence bit its boomy. Going into a Neve 1173

John lennon
replies: 18 views: 617
Black Imp 1 day ago

Hi Friends, We have here in the studio RME Fireface 800 and Fireface 400, and PC with Windows XP & SP2, and we wish to...

MrTNT
replies: 11 views: 10,242
3rd Degree 2 days ago

What microphones have you used that work well for recording Trombone under $500.00? The Telefunken M82 and Shure SM7B have been...

homestudioguy
replies: 21 views: 1,916
12ax7 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm looking for a simple usb trigger interface - not more than one input required - for triggering cues live with...

gertsch
replies: 0 views: 202
gertsch 2 days ago

Hi! Can you recommend me some affordable earbuds? - for checking my mixes on my tablet - casual listening - backup...

G-Sun
replies: 28 views: 545
Superb 2 days ago

Recently I've been trying out a lot of mics, the likes of upper end Neumann's / upper end Audio Technica's / Manley's etc. They...

ShadowAMD
replies: 1 views: 418
JSchlomo 2 days ago

Hi guys I hope someone can shed some light on my dilemma. I was going to purchase some Sennheiser HD 650 and then I received an...

cars111
replies: 0 views: 218
cars111 2 days ago

Just like the title says. Have you ever reached for a piece of gear that you never would have ever thought could work on a track...

dranzangos
replies: 8 views: 629
akai612 2 days ago

The Rode NT1-A is undeniably a bright microphone (as evident to its frequency response graph, majority of user feedback as well...

bpmtapperkun
replies: 24 views: 562
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

I am running a Saffire Pro 40 through Adat (in and out connected) with a Digimax FS as the main clock for a simple remote...

rising
replies: 2 views: 690
trunkdog 2 days ago

Anyone here replaced the fan on the Midas F-series board for a quieter one? After few years having the mixer I find the fan...

egoless
replies: 15 views: 721
Dimmy 3 days ago

Okay, I understand the monitoring and mixing have a lot of variables, so here is my scene.... I have a partially treated room...

foamboy
replies: 14 views: 644
wrgkmc 3 days ago

Hi all, I am looking for an inexpensive good quality USB audio interface using my laptop. All I need is a single XLR line in,...

mr. torture
replies: 7 views: 280
mr. torture 3 days ago

Hey, just wanted to share this if anyone has just started recording with a 4 track and wants to marry both worlds nicely. Or is...

andypick68
replies: 4 views: 310
andypick68 3 days ago

Hi guys - I'm looking for some kind of backing tracks to play with that are not computer-based, so i don't have to boot up each...

Paresh
replies: 1 views: 230
foldback 3 days ago

I've recently started having a go at Djing and a little production work in Ableton. I don't have access to a studio, so i'm...

DJ_Tetley
replies: 7 views: 339
Bushman 4 days ago

I'm comparing these 3 units: M-Audio ProFire 2626 PreSonus DigiMAX D8 PreSonus DigiMAX LT Almost same price range. Can you...

Lifted
replies: 12 views: 4,580
L-Fire 4 days ago

Hi all does anyone know what the sonic differences (if any) are between the RODE NT1 and the NT1A. I own a RODE NT1 and am...

XLR2XLR
replies: 45 views: 66,563
ccrecording 4 days ago

Since this is the low end theory forum for those of us on a budget what do folks think of various pieces of Symetrix gear &...

Trainwreckmusic
replies: 59 views: 38,999
Rockledge 4 days ago

I’m currently looking for a 4-channel mic preamp. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with the options and I’d like some...

occam
replies: 7 views: 517
occam 4 days ago

What do you think? I mean are they the same just one has better features? The one beast is only 150$ more is it worth a try?...

thevisi0nary
replies: 74 views: 24,486
CPhoenix 4 days ago

I was listening to some old Dispatch, the song Two Coins popped up and I thought that the tone of everything sounded perfect,...

richie0801
replies: 1 views: 212
BuffaloBill 4 days ago

Hi Can everyone show us their gear along with their music so that we can hear the quality you're capable of getting with it....

B i e b e r
replies: 165 views: 7,517
stylesforfree 4 days ago

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to buy a used Yamaha SPX 900. I want to use it to practice singing through a monitor over a...

nickfox
replies: 3 views: 345
pixelhead 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search