The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 59,183
Blast9 1st February 2011

apparently "this is the futur" https://youtu.be/ZFLmP9XWyhg

DownSideUp
replies: 29 views: 1,108
Hardtoe 3 minutes ago

I am looking at overheads for under 300 a pair. I was looking at the Sennheiser E614 and the MXL 993 and was wondering how they...

Jaked4ge
replies: 26 views: 1,030
Jaked4ge 24 minutes ago

Here’s my idea for a way to get analog sound into your DAW… 1. Modify a dual cassette deck to run at 3 3/4 ips and to...

Buja
replies: 70 views: 1,220
uncooLALx 38 minutes ago

So I wanted to share a few thoughts and experiences here in the low end forum. As you can discern from the title the equipment...

Aktuba
replies: 11 views: 261
kslight 1 hour ago

Hi All, I have agreed to record a variety of orchestras at my school's theatre. I will need to record both audio and video....

Borz
replies: 10 views: 386
Lance Lawson 5 hours ago

I picked up an MPX-200 at Sam Ash the other day for $70 in very good condition. I figured I couldn't lose for that money and as...

AxxeMan317
replies: 21 views: 651
TurboJets 7 hours ago

Anyone had any experience with any one of those two monitors ?

Teoichi
replies: 0 views: 127
Teoichi 10 hours ago

I'm starting to recap all of the Electrolytes on my Tascam M35, I have a few questions that I need help with. Please note, I'm a...

KoksRox21
replies: 49 views: 1,113
KoksRox21 12 hours ago

New version of the GAP 73 preamps. Now also in style with the original. The EQ version seems a bit odd though.

bace
replies: 5 views: 1,140
roughgear 17 hours ago

Hi, As i am new at this forum i am sorry if i opened this topic in the wrong section. As mentioned in the topic i have low...

farukdurusoy
replies: 1 views: 292
Bart Kowalski 19 hours ago

The 787 is a cheap ($230ish) active ribbon mic. It exists, but barely, as I can't find much info about it. I'd like to know if...

razorboy
replies: 0 views: 246
razorboy 22 hours ago

Has anyone that actually owns a Neve 1073 A/B'd it against the latest contenders, Heritage Audio HA73EQ, or the Warm Audio WA73?...

LSP
replies: 5 views: 976
7+1 1 day ago

I’m interested in a ribbon mic for primarily guitar cabinet micing. Home studio, fun stuff, but want a representative...

zekmoe
replies: 2 views: 297
zekmoe 1 day ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,502 views: 546,655
Rocket88 1 day ago

Any love for this machine? How does it compare to Tascam 244s etc?

Leerude
replies: 13 views: 1,945
gnickmusic 1 day ago

Hi everyone, Well I'm 30 now, but started my own recordings on XP in 04'-05' lol. After having hard drives crash, lack of...

jaguarguitar
replies: 46 views: 1,975
Pictus 1 day ago

Hey everyone, i have been going through an internal war for the past few weeks deciding if I should get the Icon Qcon pro X...

praash
replies: 3 views: 376
VenVile 1 day ago

So there I was on a cold Autumn evening reading through a copy of "The Golden Moment" by Keith Hatschek printed in...

Dave Anderson
replies: 6 views: 2,774
Kosings1 1 day ago

Evening guys! I have a question. I've been looking around for some new monitors the last couple of days, as I don't think 5's...

Gingerlocks
replies: 36 views: 4,468
WarmJetGuitar 1 day ago

I bought the saffire pro 40 I am kinda dissapointed with this unit. It sounds good for vocals and guitar but when it comes to...

RANTARAVE
replies: 9 views: 2,018
erickgc182 1 day ago

I want it I need it , I gotta have it. Will ebay the hell out of it I must. Yes, out board is what I seek. Why you ask? Well...

Iam_Eshe
replies: 26 views: 1,686
EvilRoy 1 day ago

I feel like an ass. I posted a fairly long and scathing review of the UMC404 that concluded it's fine as an entry level interface...

jrevel
replies: 21 views: 11,914
bill5 2 days ago

My 3U Audio Black CM1 seems to have some sort of grounding issue and I've contacted Guosheng who says I can try tightening the...

Dohreetoh
replies: 5 views: 435
Dohreetoh 2 days ago

How many of you had TECHNICAL issues with your Rokits g3 ? And how many of you have been using your rokits without them...

Teoichi
replies: 5 views: 401
Teoichi 2 days ago

Hi all Has anyone experienced *horrendously* bad audio quality after uploading (for example) a video to Facebook? Phases...

JoshuaJ
replies: 26 views: 2,245
SWAN808 2 days ago

Hi All, Pretty much all audio interfaces have a main volume knob that controls the final volume of all inputs. Additionally,...

Wardrop
replies: 8 views: 369
wrgkmc 2 days ago

Hey Guys, This is my fisrt thread and hope ye can help me out. I am a recording and mixing hobbiest, who like many of you,...

Fret
replies: 17 views: 718
PaulRain 2 days ago

I know that many have said that they do not like the silver series...but this one is top-line for that series. Any impressions? ...

Terry McInturff
replies: 12 views: 11,148
VoiceOfReezon 2 days ago

Hi guys, I`ve been using the Slate Everything Bundle for the past months and really enjoying it, but I saw these days that...

iranribas
replies: 1 views: 327
BarcelonaMusic 2 days ago

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a Focusrite Clarett. I'm trying to decide between the 4pre and 8pre. I'll want to be able to...

jgstarcaster
replies: 27 views: 2,352
Ford Slinger 3 days ago

Hello, I have a 1950s reel to reel that I am trying to record to from my DAW then back into the box. My line outs on my...

guitargodmiles
replies: 0 views: 296
guitargodmiles 3 days ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

Deleted User
replies: 65 views: 4,410
VenVile 3 days ago

Hello, fellow gearslutz. I'm contemplating a purchase of an analog synth purely to sample it inside Ableton Live. Main...

greedy.mf
replies: 4 views: 494
Sam an huel 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm currently using some shure SM58's as my main recording mics, and I do really like them both, one is pre 1984,...

Konan
replies: 24 views: 868
zohomoho 3 days ago
replies: 365 views: 57,725
Sonny_Mac 4 days ago

I have the SM Pro Audio M-Patch 2 passive volume control and switch box. I know this gets some love round these parts. In theory,...

perple
replies: 56 views: 17,363
DanDan 4 days ago

Hello. My girlfriend is going for a trip to the USA (California but this thread does not have to be about only that state) in...

Paratriplel
replies: 11 views: 461
kslight 4 days ago

Hi everyone. Although I've been reading the forums for a while now, this is my first post. I'd really appreciate your help with...

jertum
replies: 28 views: 1,146
Bitsmith 4 days ago

Saw this on FB this AM. Cheaper than the WA76. Klark Teknik pay homage to 1176 compressor | Sound On Sound $600 USD 3 Year...

SeanBlack
replies: 75 views: 14,443
Doc Mixwell 4 days ago

I've got an AKG C-414 going into a UPHORIA 204 right now and I'm looking to upgrade my interface. I've got a budget of 500...

Kirigakure
replies: 5 views: 378
JAT 4 days ago

I'm looking to get a recorder that I can leave overnight in the deep woods and hope to pick up unique sounds. Think wolves,...

delgue
replies: 8 views: 491
mickbenjamins 4 days ago

I was thinking of picking up something to input drum midi easier and just happened to see these. Yah, they are kinda cheesey, but...

M.S.P.
replies: 4 views: 463
M.S.P. 4 days ago

i want one where i can solo the tracks, and use maybe a cassette recorder to record and have an aux cable to play it back through...

amancini823
replies: 1 views: 288
Bushman 5 days ago

First post in a while here. I have done a search and have learned a few things but would like to narrow things down. Hope I am in...

ChrisFitzgerald
replies: 8 views: 1,401
DirkP 5 days ago

Has anyone tried to play a keyboard through the TC Electronic Ditto Looper? It's input is made for instrument level, and my...

sculptair
replies: 0 views: 294
sculptair 5 days ago

Hey gang, Quick one here. I have in my mic locker three budget LDC Microphones: 1. SE Electronics se2200a Large Diaphragm Mic...

Fret
replies: 16 views: 831
Moon Unit Sound 5 days ago

Hello All, I am looking for a microphone to record solo cello but also be versatile so I can use it for other instruments as...

Borz
replies: 28 views: 1,172
Sigma 5 days ago

I'm sure there has been countless discussions, but I'd like to know what you're personal favorite tape simulator plugins are. I...

HammyMLR
replies: 54 views: 27,569
TMOQuantity 5 days ago

I don't like using headphones. Could you recommend me a small usb speaker or similar to always carry on my backpack? Anyone...

MartinCooper
replies: 7 views: 602
zvukofor 5 days ago

Hello folks. Is there any reason i shouldn't use a T-Powered microphone, since the 48v phantom power is the standard now? Is...

AlanWave
replies: 18 views: 958
rowmat 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search