The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

replies: 0 views: 57,303
Blast9 1st February 2011

Hello guys. my rode PROcaster needs alot of gain . and my focuserite SOLO cant handle it . when I set my interface gain near...

replies: 24 views: 424
lumpfish 1 hour ago

Hi folks - looking to expand the mic locker - got some ideas myself but looking for some ideas to research. I record mostly...

replies: 19 views: 784
Albatross 1 hour ago

Do you hear any difference between very cheap and expensive cables? I have a very cheap cable right now, and I hope this one...

replies: 26 views: 5,154
Riff1234 3 hours ago

I had erroneously written that my Scarlett Focusrite had issues with dirty gain. It was already suspect that very few other...

replies: 0 views: 69
minervx 4 hours ago

Without knowing any of the marketing off hand, it sounds like K52 was designed for casual young listeners and the K240 was...

replies: 5 views: 277
minervx 4 hours ago

In a general sense, I hear an improvement in sound quality from 20x, 30x and 40x. At their respective prices of $50, $70 and...

replies: 5 views: 283
bill5 4 hours ago

So I've had an unfortunate mishap between liquid and my keyboard, and I can't take it apart to repair it because it's designed...

replies: 1 views: 127
bill5 4 hours ago

Hello, fellow gearslutz. My primary studio is based on Apogee Duet and I could't be happier. But recently I started to spend...
replies: 7 views: 381
BarcelonaMusic 6 hours ago

I recently picked up a Wunder CM7-GS for just under $4k because when I first heard myself sing through a CM7-S I though...

replies: 0 views: 74
Mylithra 6 hours ago

Hi guys, I recently found this on ebay: 34mm DUAL GOLD MICROPHONE CAPSULE K47 RK47 M49 M149 MOD | eBay These are different...

replies: 2 views: 284
BarcelonaMusic 6 hours ago

Okay I know those of you who swear by pro tools will smite me with your grand skills, haha but I just have a question! What is...

replies: 94 views: 7,078
Noisewagon 6 hours ago

anyone with experience of each? the focal alpha 65 are quite new. they're half the price. just wondering if the extra 800$ is...

replies: 38 views: 10,512
OK GO 10 hours ago

The more creative and ghetto, the better. I don't have one, so I've tracked people's vocals in the dining room with terrible...

replies: 20 views: 627
hello people 10 hours ago

I'm hunting for one now.

replies: 12 views: 474
blayz2002 11 hours ago

Any interesting waves plugs on offer right now if you had $29 in you paypal account....?

John lennon
replies: 2 views: 178
Funny Cat 11 hours ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

replies: 902 views: 150,166
biographers 15 hours ago

So, I love the Ramsa WR-8616 console and as a result have been interested in its larger-format relative, the WR-8428, for a long...

replies: 28 views: 1,945
Earwormer 16 hours ago

Hi All, I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I haven't seen anything recent so as a total newbie interested in...

replies: 8 views: 415
louis1 18 hours ago

I'm recording some video blogs and using a Zoom H4N for the audio. I tried connecting a lav mic to it yesterday but wasn't able...

replies: 5 views: 260
CJ Mastering 19 hours ago

Hi all!, Has anyone compared a Schiit Multibit DAC with other "standard" interface converter? I'm planning to...

replies: 1 views: 539
Jim Williams 1 day ago

hi guyz,i have a question,imagine i have a reverb plugin with default settings, and im going to change ithe reverb for example...

replies: 26 views: 839
dontsimon 1 day ago

I first heard a pair of V-Moda's a few years ago when I was less exposed and was amazed. But now, I wasn't too impressed. I...

replies: 0 views: 196
minervx 1 day ago

Looking to buy this interface, but still hesitating between the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD and the FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2. The...

replies: 43 views: 19,611
LouisJB 1 day ago

My Studer B67 is having trouble loading tape from the reel on the right to the left in order to playback it back. It plays just...

replies: 15 views: 445
leopold 1 day ago

My 3U Audio Black CM1 seems to have some sort of grounding issue and I've contacted Guosheng who says I can try tightening the...

replies: 3 views: 327
bangbang 1 day ago

I think this model (Yamaha so3) is from early 2000’s. I’ve looked through the index in the manual.... Does this synth have...

replies: 0 views: 213
NoPro 1 day ago

Hi guys, So I've got to the point where I need my first monitors. I do electronic/experimental/IDM/cinematic music and planning...

replies: 12 views: 486
goom 1 day ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

replies: 21 views: 1,026
jonmatthews 1 day ago

I'm looking for a pretty decent preamp to record my album. To get the picture, right now I'm working with the 18i20 audio...

replies: 8 views: 450
andreineagu 1 day ago

Hello , I'm between an Arturia Audiofuse or an Apogee Duet, what would you recommend? thanks: 3 i work in Windows 10 and in live...

replies: 5 views: 446
lllubi 2 days ago

I'm a huge microphone skeptic. To me, the difference between a U87 and a Rode NT1-A is negligible and I'd probably be able to...

replies: 488 views: 26,771
danthonymusic 2 days ago

Just wanted to see, if you had a choice between these three which would you choose??? (Keep in mind the MPA Gold isn't 24karat...

replies: 43 views: 23,103
brawdhampshire 2 days ago

Yep, just as the title says, I’m trying to decide between a Behringer UMC404HD ($99) and a Strindberg UR44 ($299). Very...

replies: 12 views: 763
Lance Lawson 2 days ago

I own an at 2021 pair, and find them brittle and harsh and thin on drum o/h. I just got an at 4040 for vocals/acoustic after...

replies: 24 views: 622
Jordanisabird 2 days ago

Hi, I am investing in my first pair of studio monitors. I am looking for something with decent amount of low end, a well...

replies: 3 views: 1,296
Jordanisabird 2 days ago

What's your recommended workhorse outboard bus compressor/mastering compressor? Looking to give my tracks a little analog...

replies: 1 views: 347
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I'm wondering if anyone has used this little compressor. I'm looking for a small (1/2 rack or less) compressor/limiter to even...

replies: 9 views: 2,906
JH2010 2 days ago

Alright guys, recently bought this thing for £20 from an ancient lady near me. Plugged it in the day I got the studio with...

replies: 1 views: 226
wrgkmc 2 days ago

Hey all, I'm a classical recording engineer in the market for an inexpensive field recorder. Some goals are to record to SD...

replies: 2 views: 287
SG_OC 2 days ago

Hi, I have an older (original?) version of the ART Pro VLA, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on upgrading to the newer...

replies: 4 views: 393
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi DPS24 users, I was wondering if you could let me know if the DPS24s direct outs on the first 4 channels can have any input...

replies: 10 views: 395
muzikalgeeneeyus 3 days ago

What is the proper device and cable I need to sync my 388 & 688? I also have a Saffire Pro 40 which would be nice to be...

replies: 6 views: 309
TonyS 3 days ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly exact number in...

replies: 121 views: 8,592
Lance Lawson 3 days ago

I already have an Audio Technica AT4040 that I like and use on a lot of sources. I also have an AT4041 that I've used with the...

replies: 4 views: 362
kennybro 3 days ago

I read twenty pages of chatter on here about Chinese-made microphones which nearly made me go blind, a couple of reviews here and...

replies: 16 views: 11,026
DownSideUp 3 days ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

replies: 5,419 views: 525,160
Strick9 4 days ago

Hello all: I just received a Studio Projects VTB1 Preamp that I bought and I did several tests recording both vocals and...

replies: 7 views: 175
ZEF 4 days ago

Need a new Interface at home as my Roland UA-55 finally died. Just find out that Zoom released this new model with USB 3.0. I...

replies: 136 views: 35,462
Savana Violenta 4 days ago

Hi everyone. I was curious about this mic: Studio Projects CS5. It's pretty cheap so I thought it was worth a try. So I...

replies: 11 views: 1,769
nickjacobs 4 days ago

Hi, I have some Presonus monitors, but when I can't make any noise in my studio as there're people in the house I currently...

replies: 4 views: 345
masten 4 days ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search