The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 56,595
Blast9 1st February 2011

debating between rode nt1 vs sm57 vs. sm58. open to other options. for vocals. tenor pitch. r&b and rock music. no...

minervx
replies: 83 views: 2,816
thehightenor 31 minutes ago

The Rode NT1-A is undeniably a bright microphone (as evident to its frequency response graph, majority of user feedback as well...

bpmtapperkun
replies: 3 views: 97
bpmtapperkun 2 hours ago

Hey, just wanted to share this if anyone has just started recording with a 4 track and wants to marry both worlds nicely. Or is...

andypick68
replies: 2 views: 233
Level Anything 3 hours ago

What is your favourite Sub for small budget? JBL, KRK, Yamaha? It's for matching for my sets of NS-10 and Proac Studio...

laperlestudio
replies: 5 views: 276
Uneek Elements 5 hours ago

Okay, I understand the monitoring and mixing have a lot of variables, so here is my scene.... I have a partially treated room...

foamboy
replies: 13 views: 534
Bushman 5 hours ago

I've recently started having a go at Djing and a little production work in Ableton. I don't have access to a studio, so i'm...

DJ_Tetley
replies: 7 views: 257
Bushman 7 hours ago

ExzETWkSh6s Sounds pretty sweet to me...The U87Ai has more presence bit its boomy. Going into a Neve 1173

John lennon
replies: 9 views: 408
Black Imp 8 hours ago

I'm comparing these 3 units: M-Audio ProFire 2626 PreSonus DigiMAX D8 PreSonus DigiMAX LT Almost same price range. Can you...

Lifted
replies: 12 views: 4,538
L-Fire 9 hours ago

I recently received 3 different iSK microphones from Kris at iSK Pro Audio who is the new distributor in North America for iSK...

TurboJets
replies: 10 views: 3,300
Gabygab 10 hours ago

Hi all does anyone know what the sonic differences (if any) are between the RODE NT1 and the NT1A. I own a RODE NT1 and am...

XLR2XLR
replies: 45 views: 66,410
ccrecording 10 hours ago

Since this is the low end theory forum for those of us on a budget what do folks think of various pieces of Symetrix gear &...

Trainwreckmusic
replies: 59 views: 38,864
Rockledge 10 hours ago

I know this has been covered and I've been researching on and off for years now. I've tried various cheap preamps over the years...

VTNate
replies: 50 views: 1,465
VTNate 11 hours ago

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a Focusrite Clarett. I'm trying to decide between the 4pre and 8pre. I'll want to be able to...

jgstarcaster
replies: 6 views: 344
jgstarcaster 11 hours ago

Hi, I know there are a lot of topic about LSR 305 but after researching in this forum, I cannot choose between LSR 305 and...

Nothing Left
replies: 47 views: 14,024
kushyman 13 hours ago

I’m currently looking for a 4-channel mic preamp. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with the options and I’d like some...

occam
replies: 7 views: 477
occam 14 hours ago

Just like the title says. Have you ever reached for a piece of gear that you never would have ever thought could work on a track...

dranzangos
replies: 7 views: 396
ccg 15 hours ago

What do you think? I mean are they the same just one has better features? The one beast is only 150$ more is it worth a try?...

thevisi0nary
replies: 74 views: 24,411
CPhoenix 15 hours ago

Hi guys - I'm looking for some kind of backing tracks to play with that are not computer-based, so i don't have to boot up each...

Paresh
replies: 0 views: 125
Paresh 15 hours ago

I was listening to some old Dispatch, the song Two Coins popped up and I thought that the tone of everything sounded perfect,...

richie0801
replies: 1 views: 130
BuffaloBill 16 hours ago

Hi Can everyone show us their gear along with their music so that we can hear the quality you're capable of getting with it....

B i e b e r
replies: 165 views: 7,435
stylesforfree 16 hours ago

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to buy a used Yamaha SPX 900. I want to use it to practice singing through a monitor over a...

nickfox
replies: 3 views: 312
pixelhead 19 hours ago

I’m a simple guitarist and songwriter. I have been using an iD14 for more than a year, which has been great for my needs. I...

Spaaceboy
replies: 5 views: 408
Spaaceboy 22 hours ago

We have a few u87 clones coming to the market very soon! Peluso p87 Stam audio sa87 Warm audio wa87 Anyone want to do a...

andrew caramia
replies: 127 views: 22,462
PaulRain 1 day ago

I've been thinking about replacing the capsule in my MXL V67G with an aftermarket U87 style capsule, but I haven't soldered...

Dohreetoh
replies: 18 views: 612
Dohreetoh 1 day ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 901 views: 147,679
mutetourettes 1 day ago

Hi, I’m looking for a 50’s 60’s EV mic or similar to use for live performance. I’m a Baritone country singer. I use a...

Mischief
replies: 40 views: 731
RunnyKine 1 day ago

Hi! Can you recommend me some affordable earbuds? - for checking my mixes on my tablet - casual listening - backup...

G-Sun
replies: 23 views: 416
Bushman 1 day ago

Hello, I've got some old cassettes that were recorded on a Tascam Porta One Portastudio that I'd like to recover. The Porta...

revi
replies: 7 views: 10,174
KHGearhead 1 day ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,382 views: 518,453
Teofunk 2 days ago

Just wondering how the APS Klasik's sound? How do they translate and are they pleasing to listen to. I'm tired of my Adam A7X...

tonez
replies: 87 views: 6,605
robertgeorge 2 days ago

Was looking at having a dabble with some 500 units... What's a good place to start... I'm a total noob at this 500...

John lennon
replies: 11 views: 504
John lennon 2 days ago

I've read a few other posts on this very subject. It seems that the RNC or Pro VLA 1 or 2 are my best choices for what I want to...

Braintree56
replies: 18 views: 442
Bushman 2 days ago

I'm moving into a much smaller apartment then where I'm currently living to downsize. I've sold off all my gear and I'm...

Jsol
replies: 7 views: 419
dontsimon 2 days ago

I don't know if I am in the correct forum but I am going to post. I have an SPL Track One that I am considering having modded....

MSR74
replies: 0 views: 199
MSR74 2 days ago

My Tascam 16x08 doesnt receive or send 5-pim midi. I am attempting to use a FaderMaster Pro. I have tried the interface on...

WanderingScholar
replies: 1 views: 218
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I got 6 humbuckers in a trade. I have a lap steel which only requires 1. 2 of the pickups read 11.6 and have R on one and F on...

NoPro
replies: 3 views: 258
BarcelonaMusic 3 days ago

New version of the GAP 73 preamps. Now also in style with the original. The EQ version seems a bit odd though.

bace
replies: 4 views: 546
BarcelonaMusic 3 days ago

I have seen these MBHO 219s get a lot of love with the SC and C versions, but I haven't seen anyone try their omni mics? It...

rov
replies: 0 views: 258
rov 3 days ago

Hi! :) This is my first post on this great forum! I'm considering buying a decent USB audio interface for playing and...

mezzopiano
replies: 7 views: 1,966
pantheon80 3 days ago

Yesterday, I've bought a Rode NT1-A to upgrade my vocal chain. At home I've got a Scarlett 2i2 preamp, with a $30 CM25 condenser...

bpmtapperkun
replies: 48 views: 1,600
chessparov2.0 3 days ago

Who is this product for? People with Dynamic (or Ribbon) microphones that have a problem with mic recordings being too quiet or...

minervx
replies: 0 views: 228
minervx 4 days ago

Apologies for the 5 min length (I tried to make this as concise as possible). I'm not an audio professional, so forgive any...

minervx
replies: 0 views: 223
minervx 4 days ago

can someone comment on these please? Oktava -- Shop

hombre
replies: 3 views: 1,134
steppert 4 days ago

This MIDI keyboard seems to have everything I'm looking for and is well within my budget. Keys have a great feel, pads are on the...

Metal123
replies: 0 views: 199
Metal123 4 days ago

Hi, I’m looking to move out of the box, and start doing things more hardware-based. This is the gear I have: - A...

vetlevg
replies: 1 views: 306
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Audio friends. Halp. I have a set of JBL SLR2300 monitors. had them for a few years. They're okay. Never had any huge...

cpanico
replies: 12 views: 3,501
shmuelyosef 4 days ago

Hi, Taking a look at a Fostex R8 that a guy says I can have for £140. Not used in 10 years. When it was last use was working...

guntherbuffalo
replies: 7 views: 326
David W. Jones 4 days ago

(the dirt is from a sansamp vtdi, jazz bass had bill lawrence scn/s and a preamp at the time)

adi77
replies: 0 views: 221
adi77 4 days ago

Dear friends! I'm a proud owner of the Weissklang V13 ldc mic, which sounds fantastic (for that price!!), BUT in order to...

georgehenderson
replies: 3 views: 496
Arthur Stone 5 days ago

Humbucker has red, white, yellow , black and bare wire. Somebody gave me the pickup and I have no idea what color for basic...

NoPro
replies: 3 views: 244
NoPro 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search