The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 58,608
Blast9 1st February 2011

There's many nice posts on GS on all the classic pro multitracks and quite a few about tape in general. But some of us can't...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 9 views: 456
joeq 1 hour ago

Hello there! I'm looking to get a similar sound to Billy Childish's albums like Devil in the flesh and Crime against...

fran907
replies: 6 views: 429
Moon Unit Sound 4 hours ago

I'm in the market for one of the following monitors: - Genelec 8040B - Eve Audio SC208 - Eve Audio SC305 - Presonus Sceptre...

vwruuska
replies: 14 views: 3,823
Electric_Haggis 5 hours ago

Hello, I am looking to create an in home setup to use for recording/listening back to myself play. I will be making solo...

chrispyhorn
replies: 14 views: 286
bill5 5 hours ago

Hi everyone! I am in the market for a cassette recorder. I have recently identified that I like the sounds of my recordings...

Goat Punishment
replies: 7 views: 490
TurboJets 6 hours ago

I normally have to sell a bunch of stuff and buy my next thing immediately or else I'd spend it on something dumb like food or...

goom
replies: 34 views: 1,221
bill5 6 hours ago

Okay, first off, a few disclaimers: - I apologize in advance for the long post - I know next to nothing about electronics,...

Moon Unit Sound
replies: 20 views: 870
Moon Unit Sound 9 hours ago

Hi all. Yes, I am a luddite and use a 2006 iMac as my main home studio computer. My needs and wants are pretty simple and it...

suburbanbeat
replies: 4 views: 376
suburbanbeat 11 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get something instead of my current Sennheiser HD 25 I-II's as I am spending a lot more time in the...

Konan
replies: 1 views: 355
wrgkmc 16 hours ago

hi to all, i am looking for some small speakers or a soundbar for listening to my mixes since now i use my old and trusty...

Deleted User
replies: 4 views: 439
TurboJets 18 hours ago

Hi there! So long story short, I need an audio interface with a minimum of 8 analog I/O and atleast 8 Digital I/O for under...

modii
replies: 14 views: 580
Zen Studios 18 hours ago
replies: 359 views: 55,848
Ragan 1 day ago

Hey gang, Long time lurker here, never posted before, but I've recently gotten the opportunity to open my own studio. Things...

Veritas521
replies: 15 views: 565
Veritas521 1 day ago

So many people record amazing music in low keyhome studios these days. Post pics of cool people doing it well. Here are a...

emilysuper
replies: 1 views: 507
coolfog09 1 day ago

Hi All :) Just to say, I love my ToneLab ST! It has some fantastic tones, I've gotten very close to having the same sound as my...

Kragle
replies: 1 views: 307
mikeyman 1 day ago

Hello guys I'm new in this forum, this is the only place that can really help me choosing between monitors because I'm becoming a...

ArksaledSublimed
replies: 8 views: 538
skira 1 day ago

Hey all, I am looking for 4 channels of pre/DI for tracking my MPC-3000 into my AD-8000. AD-8000 inputs are +4, so I need to...

dubsiren
replies: 0 views: 254
dubsiren 1 day ago

Hello gang, My main setup is my MBP, Logic and an Apogee Element. My main vibe is ambient/drone (but I'm a mostly ex-prog rock...

swartzfeger
replies: 12 views: 697
baskervils 1 day ago

Bought a Mattel Synsonics drum machine for £12 and it's one of the best sounding bits of 80s tat I've spent money on. Anyone...

Dezb1
replies: 2 views: 486
baskervils 1 day ago

Hi everybody, I've been working as an audio engineer for almost 10 years before illness had me quit working. I'm feeling a...

Tvanbaden
replies: 14 views: 613
Mertmo 1 day ago

So as part of my monitoring setup I have a Sony solid-state amp and a pair of Sony two-way speakers from the 70s. I got them for...

Max Rossell
replies: 6 views: 432
TMOQuantity 1 day ago

How would you approach this? They play live in studio, no overdubs. Well rehearsed. Think civil wars, simon and garfunkel, etc

Niteflyguy
replies: 14 views: 439
hook11 1 day ago

...or am I just living in the Twilight Zone? I saw one of these on ebay today.. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE *AURATONE* ...

ChristianN
replies: 36 views: 1,332
nd33 1 day ago

ING 30 - ANT Has anyone used it? I would like an opinion about it for rehearsals and small venues. It has the same features as...

metalmike
replies: 0 views: 351
metalmike 2 days ago

I’ve been without monitors for close to 10 years now for various reasons but I decided to bite the bullet and buy some. I was...

qwertysquirty
replies: 1 views: 465
guyinthevan 2 days ago

I recently stumbled into some old yamaha pieces i was hoping to use as a secondary monitoring system but I cant much about them...

fireandglass
replies: 4 views: 3,548
CowFish 2 days ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 929 views: 156,816
an_expresso 3 days ago

Alrighhht I'm looking to record a demo and was after advice on recording vocals through a guitar amp. I've got a Fender Hot...

spamtheman
replies: 6 views: 3,491
Psicopanque 3 days ago

I'm looking to get something clean/low-noise and fast. Preferably 4 channels in 1U. This is for tracking acoustic instruments...

WarBeer
replies: 14 views: 743
playon 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Moon Unit Sound 3 days ago

I have 2 small tube amps with small speakers. One is a Bugera v5 and the other is a reissue fender champion 600. Both sound just...

NoPro
replies: 2 views: 320
NoPro 3 days ago

So I Recently dropped 50 bucks on a Lowrey Magic Genie 44, hell, whats the worst that could happen for 50 bucks. anyway, i like...

Old_Greg
replies: 0 views: 239
Old_Greg 3 days ago

This is going to be a tad different thread than what I have found out there. Not looking for modern mics with a vintage sound,...

Shakedown St.
replies: 17 views: 663
Dohreetoh 3 days ago

I would like to use the monitor outputs of my Scarlett 18i8 audio interface to feed into 4 headphones. After some research (I'm...

Briac
replies: 2 views: 323
wrgkmc 3 days ago

Hi, I am looking for makes and models of hardware limiters of the LOWEST quality; do you have any suggestions? Let me...

Uncle Freddie
replies: 50 views: 1,741
akai612 3 days ago

I'm on a budget and have an MXL 2003 with a bad capsule. Would this Chinese 34mm Capsule be a good replacement? Specs Large...

nowsharing
replies: 13 views: 534
Dohreetoh 4 days ago

Need a new Interface at home as my Roland UA-55 finally died. Just find out that Zoom released this new model with USB 3.0. I...

Iconica
replies: 137 views: 37,133
wikter 4 days ago

Little low end tip in case you're wondering... My friend brought over an AT2020 he got for free and we threw it up while...

mattberkeley
replies: 7 views: 720
Farmboy presents 5 days ago

I have a piezo pickup built into a very small thing that sends out a very weak signal to an edrum module. Many years agi I used...

bbob
replies: 7 views: 473
bbob 5 days ago

If you had 600 dollars to spend on something to upgrade your SM57+cheap interface setup, what would you buy? Another mic or a...

cbm123
replies: 25 views: 718
rojaros 5 days ago

I can't seem to find any information out there about how the old Shure crystal mic sound. Such as the infamous "Waffle...

Shakedown St.
replies: 4 views: 347
TurboJets 5 days ago

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a Focusrite Clarett. I'm trying to decide between the 4pre and 8pre. I'll want to be able to...

jgstarcaster
replies: 25 views: 1,821
Ford Slinger 6 days ago

Hey Gearslutz, I need feedback from you guys on picking up a new audio interface for my home setup. The story: My macbook pro...

bnruq
replies: 2 views: 384
bnruq 6 days ago

Looking at the revive audio mod for the warm audio wa-2a. any one had it done yet? I saw the post on their site and heard some...

mequaz
replies: 60 views: 4,838
BarcelonaMusic 6 days ago

I want to go Superlux. I have been doing some research and I found they might suit the quality I'm looking for in my inexpensive...

MartinCooper
replies: 3 views: 410
emilstefan 6 days ago

Hi all Has anyone experienced *horrendously* bad audio quality after uploading (for example) a video to Facebook? Phases...

JoshuaJ
replies: 25 views: 1,875
jazbina 6 days ago

What mic would you pick to record acoustic guitar and male vocals (not at the same time) under 300$?

jesus
replies: 19 views: 716
zohomoho 6 days ago

so i'm about to pull the trigger on either of these. SQ is most important to me and seeing that they both use the MIDAS chips,...

uglijimus
replies: 8 views: 561
agisten 6 days ago

Not fully satisfied with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. I've tried many mics but it always leaves me thinking it's a bit dull and...

hendrik84
replies: 2 views: 369
tINY 6 days ago

Hi all, A hypnotherapist I know is wanting to record her sessions with clients. After talking to her about her intentions, I...

BreakAesthetechs
replies: 25 views: 764
rmorris 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search