The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,741
Views: 2,741
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 58,142
Blast9 1st February 2011

Hello gang, My main setup is my MBP, Logic and an Apogee Element. My main vibe is ambient/drone (but I'm a mostly ex-prog rock...

swartzfeger
replies: 4 views: 275
vernier 4 hours ago

G'day fellow gearslutz... I have just bought a new mic that I plan to use for recording female vocals for dance music (sE...

JimmyV
replies: 5 views: 1,254
seratoguy 7 hours ago

Would you get the 1978 Tone Shaping or the 1973 3 band? Thanks, fb

foamboy
replies: 15 views: 797
Wizards Machine 8 hours ago

So I've been looking to upgrade my crappy "gaming" mic for a while and get something that is actually half decent. Now...

Gizzmicbob
replies: 17 views: 393
Gizzmicbob 9 hours ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made a...

michal12345
replies: 10 views: 607
michal12345 10 hours ago

Hi all. Yes, I am a luddite and use a 2006 iMac as my main home studio computer. My needs and wants are pretty simple and it...

suburbanbeat
replies: 3 views: 265
Marc Neibauer 10 hours ago

Hey all, I'm in charge of the sound system for a renegade stage at a festival this summer. Its all volunteer and donation based....

InTheAM
replies: 4 views: 294
Bushman 13 hours ago

I know there are plenty of blind tests on gearslutz, but they generally are dismissed and forgotten when they include cheap or...

goom
replies: 27 views: 641
Sharp11 13 hours ago

I only have one input with phantom power and xlr. I want to put two mics (with the same levels) that use phantom power to mike a...

bbob
replies: 1 views: 153
tINY 13 hours ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,468 views: 536,110
macb3th 14 hours ago

First post. So yesterday I saw a guy selling a couple of tube pres, compressors, and an audio interface on craigslist. After the...

Jaked4ge
replies: 10 views: 876
Jaked4ge 14 hours ago

Hello fellow slutz! Lately I've been using krk rokit 5's g2 in my "home" studio for mixing. When I purchased these I...

bluefire98
replies: 1 views: 184
Poinzy 14 hours ago

Okay, first off, a few disclaimers: - I apologize in advance for the long post - I know next to nothing about electronics,...

Moon Unit Sound
replies: 0 views: 134
Moon Unit Sound 14 hours ago

I was using a Ross Martin DAC, sending audio from my RME Fireface800. Now I'm selling the Ross Martin and looking for another...

ac_music
replies: 5 views: 388
jdier 15 hours ago

Just over a month ago I got a pair of JBL LSR305s on Amazon. I really dig them, but one night a couple of weeks ago I turned them...

Kroc
replies: 16 views: 6,678
chip mcdonald 16 hours ago

Working on some new music that I hope to mix myself so I'm just practicing my mixing skills in a meantime.. I re did the mix for...

Metal123
replies: 2 views: 381
wrgkmc 17 hours ago

Hi, I am looking for makes and models of hardware limiters of the LOWEST quality; do you have any suggestions? Let me...

Uncle Freddie
replies: 41 views: 1,182
Brent Hahn 17 hours ago

Hello everyone, I am just getting back into recording/producing my own music after a fairly long period of illness. I am saving...

Konan
replies: 0 views: 161
Konan 19 hours ago

Hi all, I'm looking into buying a headphone preamp, but there are so many options and I'm a little unsure of what I need -...

StevieD009
replies: 29 views: 1,031
DirkP 19 hours ago

So I'll be getting my first hardware comp soon. Looking for something that has a wide range of uses. Acoustic, sampled and...

mrwrang
replies: 0 views: 176
mrwrang 19 hours ago

Hi all, I am having a hard time choosing between the Yamaha HS7 and the HS8. My room is small: 3.5m/2.5m which is about...

Tavares
replies: 13 views: 14,402
Teoichi 20 hours ago

I find my self in possession of 2 guitar synths, 2 keyboards, and 2 Roland eDrum kits, all of which use 5 pin DIN midi. I was...

Philbo King
replies: 6 views: 386
JayTee4303 1 day ago

So, I love the Ramsa WR-8616 console and as a result have been interested in its larger-format relative, the WR-8428, for a long...

sadroyhibbert
replies: 48 views: 2,563
Earwormer 1 day ago

Hi everyone. Is there a way of making music without a computer under 600 - 700$ ? I know, there are things like Electribe or...

Arpotron
replies: 3 views: 489
Collinschipper 1 day ago

What are these worth? Mine is a model M5546A. It was apparently designed in 1958 for use by AM broadcast stations. I got hold...

Philbo King
replies: 2 views: 275
Philbo King 1 day ago

I recently got my first pair of good monitors, a used pair of Dynaudio BM6As. While I’m considering adding a sub at some...

DimensionsTomorrow
replies: 4 views: 357
DimensionsTomorrow 1 day ago

Looking to purchase a re-amp box, right now considering these...

Metal123
replies: 13 views: 755
Collinschipper 1 day ago

I'm not a drummer, but want to start playing a little bit, and want to buy an inexpensive kit to learn on, but that is ok to...

xmission
replies: 39 views: 928
Funny Cat 1 day ago

Greetings fellas, it'll try to be as short as possible. I'm a fairly experienced studio singer who does many different styles...

iNiquity
replies: 7 views: 292
Bushman 1 day ago
replies: 353 views: 54,551
ShadowAMD 1 day ago

Howdy All, If It has Flat Response and Works very well for shooting a live P.A. then by all means post a winner =) Some...

Harley-OIART
replies: 10 views: 1,895
ozraves 1 day ago

Hi, Is it possible to use the spdif AND analog connexion at the same time? Here is how I want to use the MX400: Spdif A in (L) :...

actarus_23
replies: 20 views: 619
sentokan 1 day ago

I have the opportunity to buy a very nice pair at a reasonable price. Not a scratch, only dust. I have a pair of Genelec 8030A as...

Saturations
replies: 5 views: 326
GregkoNYC 1 day ago

Okay, so in terms of drum overheads, the LA220 is PERFECT. The freqency response reported by Lauten Audio is flat and warm;...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 8 views: 655
dickiefunk 1 day ago

Hello, I'm knew on this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right subsection. I'm thinking of getting a new microphone, but as...

Mawi
replies: 18 views: 637
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hello all, have been trawling the A&H GL threads, and the 2200 threads in particular. I have little experience with mixers,...

nowaysj
replies: 4 views: 2,588
LowEndVibrations 1 day ago

Hello Does the UAD Arrow contain the same converters & preamp as the apollo twin duo? I'm thinking about purchasing one....

B i e b e r
replies: 1 views: 348
B i e b e r 2 days ago

Hey guys, complete audio newb here. I have a pair of Rokit 5 monitors (might change eventually as I’m not sure about the...

Jonnyrogs
replies: 16 views: 413
Jonnyrogs 2 days ago

Where would you mark the tempo change of this transient, at A or B? Let's say that's a snare hit. There's a little build up...

goom
replies: 2 views: 373
goom 2 days ago

Hello all. I want this to be a thread about all the eight-track cassette tape multitrack machines, love for them, and especially...

mutetourettes
replies: 55 views: 5,179
Level Anything 2 days ago

Which is the better microphone for vocals?

B i e b e r
replies: 12 views: 1,527
TheShadowV 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Shannon Adkins 2 days ago

I've read a couple times now that 500 series format offers an affordable, portable alternative to the big, expensive rack-sized...

RominRonin
replies: 17 views: 1,093
Ells 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
twinned 3 days ago

Anyone use some cheapies you were happy with?

bill5
replies: 82 views: 3,078
Strick9 3 days ago

I've been slowly building up a home studio over the past couple of years. After years of performing with Shure dynamics, I...

miles_b
replies: 82 views: 22,470
kajo 3 days ago

I want to buy a better pair of headphones so I can mix on the go and have a reference. As a student buying a decent pair of...

Dullyriddim
replies: 18 views: 732
Wiley Purchase 3 days ago

I’m asking what piece of hardware you can recommend on the stereo buss. I was thinking an ssl master buss compressor clone. It...

Earwormer
replies: 20 views: 823
thehightenor 3 days ago

Saw this on FB this AM. Cheaper than the WA76. Klark Teknik pay homage to 1176 compressor | Sound On Sound $600 USD 3 Year...

SeanBlack
replies: 73 views: 13,456
Alexander.Lane 3 days ago

I have a pair of JBL LSR 305. I wonder just how much better the Pro Abbey would be? I see that the LSR 305 has been upgraded to...

son of soulohio
replies: 8 views: 992
IkennaFuNkEn 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search