The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Views: 6,658
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 54,418
Blast9 1st February 2011

Hi! I've been thinking of getting myself a Christmas gift and adding a ribbon mic to my locker. I've never used one before and...

maticomp
replies: 5 views: 88
maticomp 49 minutes ago

Hey guys! Been in touch with Audient support but lost track in all the support tickets. Dunno if this belongs to Interfaces or...

komiie
replies: 7 views: 157
MarkF48 2 hours ago

Hi guyz,lets imagine my production phase takes long time,or i practice my vocal part in my song alot,its going to be better or...

KiuMars_TR
replies: 14 views: 524
donsolo 3 hours ago

I have a preamp which is a mic preamp...it doesn’t have an instrument input like some channel strips just xlr for mics...I want...

NoPro
replies: 1 views: 136
JonnieK 3 hours ago

Between The Worlds | Get Off My Lawn Records So Thursday is the release party for this record (carousel lounge 9-12 if you're in...

donsolo
replies: 14 views: 495
donsolo 3 hours ago

So, I've had this old EV BK832 mixer lying around and taking up space in the storage room for a decade or so. Is there a good...

plus6vu
replies: 2 views: 2,930
plus6vu 3 hours ago

Hi, After producing beats for a long time I decided to also try out starting to sing, Im currently experementing to find a...

FREDNO
replies: 1 views: 91
FREDNO 4 hours ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 870 views: 137,452
goodweather 4 hours ago

Ok, what's the deal with the Lauten Audio LA-320? Is it a Chinese OEM rebadge? It kind of has that Felio mic look to it. I saw...

MYN
replies: 8 views: 3,251
Ox Han 5 hours ago

Anybody have any experience with the Lauten 220? I’ve heard great things about other Lauten mics but the demos on the 220 are...

zackdow
replies: 1 views: 240
Ox Han 5 hours ago
replies: 341 views: 47,215
Martel80 6 hours ago

Hi, I have the older one knob, output knob deprived, version of the Warm WA12. Can anyone recommend an attenuator that will...

austuff
replies: 0 views: 106
austuff 16 hours ago

Hey gearslutz, I find my sm7b and sm81 shure mics to have too high of a noise floor (whitenoise) for many applications (soft...

klong
replies: 25 views: 2,243
jlgrimes11 17 hours ago

So, I have recently acquired a Rode NT1-A after an exhausting journey just wandering from review to another... And now I'm in...

aesrockit
replies: 13 views: 1,376
VenVile 17 hours ago

Hi everyone, a couple of years ago, I was thinking about adding an analogue mixer in front of my Scarlett 2i2, so I could...

fladd
replies: 19 views: 717
fladd 23 hours ago

I've been musing over a channel strip for a while now (for bass and vocals mainly).. I've had my own "makeshift" ala...

ShadowAMD
replies: 3 views: 293
kangking 1 day ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly inexpensive...no exact number in...

bill5
replies: 102 views: 5,271
ShinyBox 1 day ago

This things been sitting around unused for years. I'm wondering if it is worth restoring? My gut tells me it will be an old noisy...

miniqtone
replies: 10 views: 2,147
jdbloodsworth 1 day ago

Hello everyone. So a little background first. I started recording covers to songs that I enjoyed before my time runs out. I...

Personality
replies: 7 views: 578
Muso Goodshot 1 day ago

Wow. I sit here listening to a live version of 'Cowboys from Hell' on "101 Proof" realizing...reflecting....that not...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 20 views: 2,888
Bender412 1 day ago

hello i two new toys this year: Steinberg MR816 X (two months ago) Shure SM7B (today! yay! ) let me start by saying i...

Yagya
replies: 29 views: 9,587
Pro5 1 day ago

Just curios if any one has ever tried the MARTIAUDIO Microphone Booster barrel? If so how does it compare to the Cloudlifter and...

sulla
replies: 15 views: 3,811
saurumanx 1 day ago

Hi, I have been recording on one of these babys for about 3 years,I got it on ebay for peanuts in brand new condition, it...

andypick68
replies: 41 views: 11,548
Papa Tom 1 day ago

Until now I have done EQ ITB, and now I have viewed the Golden Age preQ-73: GoldenAge Project – PreQ-73 ] which has ...

razorboy
replies: 39 views: 1,027
razorboy 1 day ago

What are your go to bread and butter compressors? I'm wanting to get a few new pieces of gear in my rack as I love real...

DavidAntonia
replies: 19 views: 740
no genre 2 days ago

So I dont have a word clock, im ordering one. For now I have a question is lack of WC on two adats the reason only one is...

Jaybird
replies: 17 views: 438
adrianww 2 days ago

Hello howdy I have the project to dedicate a three months cycling trip this summer to the realization of a travel-film and I...

impuls34
replies: 2 views: 245
impuls34 2 days ago

I posted this in the Geekslutz forum earlier, but haven't had any response, so I thought to post it here as well: I have a...

KillerV
replies: 45 views: 11,575
The Beatsmith 2 days ago

Hi, here is a HD Video of a recording session in my studio. What do you think? Thanks :) TxqcPmchygQ

klab606
replies: 18 views: 704
klab606 2 days ago

Hi, I have a pretty deep male voice and I want to get into voice acting as well as livestreaming games. This guy at my local...

william.coughlin
replies: 9 views: 297
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Hi all, I think I am going to buy 1 NI drummer product during the current half price sale. I am leaning towards "60's...

ZendoBrendo
replies: 5 views: 372
stylesforfree 2 days ago

Hey Folks, I recently bought an old Boss BR-532 digital recorder to tinker with and have been looking for the tutorial...

foxwaves
replies: 0 views: 136
foxwaves 2 days ago

Hi all So I have been thinking for a long long time about getting rid of my Mackie 1640i and getting something a bit...

Thom b
replies: 1 views: 193
Thom b 2 days ago

Instead of just mapping a plugin to a midi controller like a novation nocturn or what have you, I thought it would be...

Nick Stedman
replies: 6 views: 612
Nick Stedman 3 days ago

Before I really knew how to apply compression to a vocalist or speaker's mic, I owned an Alesis 3630 compressor/limiter/gate....

Papa Tom
replies: 10 views: 427
Papa Tom 3 days ago

Long shot here, but does anybody know the size of the screw on the bottom of a Boss SE-50? It's the screw for mounting it to a...

maggotspawn
replies: 4 views: 242
maggotspawn 3 days ago

Hey Everyone! I'm trying to improve the quality of my recorded bass tones. I'm tracking a vintage style P Bass (passive...

afrogoose
replies: 6 views: 788
mininoyz 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm working on upgrading my studio. Right now I'm torn between getting the MPC Live and the Maschine MK3/Jam. I know...

Nate_JG
replies: 2 views: 257
phaceless 3 days ago

Hi there ¡¡ I would like to get one Shure SM7b, but as I understand from what I read in the forums, it looks that it wont...

Martinoto
replies: 16 views: 17,722
jthick 3 days ago

I’ve read all the other posts about this board and it seems to get decent reviews by some. Just was wondering if anyone had...

Earwormer
replies: 2 views: 245
Earwormer 3 days ago

Hey guys! I wanted to try using an older DBX 163x compressor to record a few vocal tracks, and I was wondering if anyone out...

Ginazgifs
replies: 19 views: 6,723
vernier 3 days ago

Whats up everyone... I wanted to ask a simple question... I'm interested in the Alctron Microphones, but do not know where to...

Ensonix Studios
replies: 11 views: 11,008
adumbfish 3 days ago

Hi all, I am trying to build my gear list and work hard to save in order to accomplish the dream of one day owning a professional...

kritter
replies: 27 views: 12,597
shortyboyboy 3 days ago

I have been bugging people on here for the last month or so about which vocal mic would work well in my situation.... and after...

patshep
replies: 16 views: 559
Farmboy presents 3 days ago

The Focusrite (Gen 2, Solo) provides enough power to the SM57 for it to be viable, but it is not ideal. For the gain, 10-40%...

minervx
replies: 32 views: 1,040
fladd 3 days ago

Hi all, I am planning to buy new studio monitors. My budget is 800 Euros (1068$) for the pair. After reading lots of reviews...

jovanja
replies: 56 views: 13,069
miquifaye 4 days ago

Looking at buying a vintage Canary "Studio Series" Mixing desk to use as a front end for DAW, and for mixing/fun/adding...

guntherbuffalo
replies: 1 views: 231
guntherbuffalo 4 days ago

I recently bought an old Rode NT1 in very good condition as I had heard that they were designed by Jim Williams. Despite that...

Mikey77
replies: 76 views: 2,965
Mikey77 4 days ago

is there a difference in sound between a black c3000 and a silver c3000, not talking about a b version? Arthur

dude24man
replies: 16 views: 7,542
Wayne 4 days ago

I'm going back to the old school, got me a bunch of hardware samplers, a module, a Rhodes emulation keyboard, the outputs of my...

pqlia
replies: 37 views: 6,568
toowrongfoo 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search