The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 58,712
Blast9 1st February 2011

There's many nice posts on GS on all the classic pro multitracks and quite a few about tape in general. But some of us can't...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 23 views: 683
Lance Lawson 1 hour ago

Hi all! I need some help, I want to start using in ear monitors. Right now my band is using a small Peavey XR8300 powered mixer...

Gemasv
replies: 0 views: 12
Gemasv 1 hour ago

Is there a simple and affordable setup? There are several options out there like the Powerplay from Behringer and myMix, but...

Saturations
replies: 3 views: 147
JayTee4303 1 hour ago

Hi all, First time posting in this particular forum. How exciting! :) Anyway... I don't currently own JBL LSR-305 speakers but...

markodarko
replies: 4 views: 161
esldude 1 hour ago

Hi there, First post here, so please excuse/correct me if I am covering something that has already been discussed. I was...

ZacM
replies: 11 views: 263
kslight 1 hour ago

Hi all, I am looking for the best bang for my buck under $100 for near field monitors. I edit video and mix audio for video (but...

zicmaveric
replies: 3 views: 126
zicmaveric 3 hours ago

I have a very modest home recording setup and I hope you can help me address some vocal recording issues. I'm not happy with the...

jovor
replies: 11 views: 444
CJ Mastering 3 hours ago

I normally have to sell a bunch of stuff and buy my next thing immediately or else I'd spend it on something dumb like food or...

goom
replies: 40 views: 1,478
Airlock 4 hours ago

Has anyone heard the new inexpensive Adam T7V or T5V monitors?

alcazar
replies: 7 views: 1,597
Thm60 5 hours ago

I wondered how it's possible to reamp a bass without a reamp box? Currently recording a very nice rock band and their bass...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 4 views: 354
AnalogOverdose 7 hours ago

Noob here so bear with me. Not sure if this is entirely relevant in this forum, but here goes: Me and the wife are puppeteers...

zan1976
replies: 2 views: 235
zan1976 9 hours ago

I would like to use the monitor outputs of my Scarlett 18i8 audio interface to feed into 4 headphones. After some research (I'm...

Briac
replies: 11 views: 466
Briac 10 hours ago

Hello guys. my rode PROcaster needs alot of gain . and my focuserite SOLO cant handle it . when I set my interface gain near...

njj
replies: 30 views: 750
thahappycamper 14 hours ago

Hello. I've been wanting to pick up a kit for my home studio that sounds good and is recordable, without being too expensive. I'm...

szyam
replies: 24 views: 640
EvilRoy 15 hours ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly inexpensive...no exact number in...

bill5
replies: 147 views: 12,240
chessparov2.0 20 hours ago

The title says it all!!! But WOW, I mean, I called in to this company & kindly/politely advised that I was looking to get a...

traxkeyzvox
replies: 33 views: 10,312
bgood 1 day ago

I need help knowing (not necessarily understanding) what is good/bad numbers and important/not so important numbers reading AD/DA...

Saturations
replies: 14 views: 492
Monotremata 1 day ago

The other day, just for kicks I set up a couple cheap Sansa mp3 players and used them to record my drum kit. the result was...

hebjam
replies: 9 views: 864
Still atthe Core 1 day ago

Can you use balanced cables to tap inserts on a mixer (one click) to get a direct out for the channel? Or does it have to be an...

mandodon
replies: 8 views: 2,256
bitman 1 day ago

I am just curious what people who have owned them or even heard them think about their quality as a speaker. I find it a bit...

doom3crazy
replies: 48 views: 4,339
vx2000 1 day ago

Hi, I'm looking for sheets of foam that I can use to replace the worn away foam over the capsule of my two SM58's, and also for...

Konan
replies: 5 views: 375
Konan 2 days ago

Hey, I'm new to music production. I've already chosen my gear and I just need to buy it now, but I got stuck at my interface. My...

Horizon7777
replies: 3 views: 309
Horizon7777 2 days ago

Well, its time to upgrade and im pretty almost sure about to buy a Audient ID14 but just saw the Tascam so cheap and im...

Fremen Warrior
replies: 0 views: 304
Fremen Warrior 2 days ago

1k budget for vocal mic with fantastic bottom end but also cut through mix, with great presence and nice high end. Suggestions?

Krush411
replies: 8 views: 525
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Hey guys I am the proud owner of a fireface ucx that I bought used. Its a beast of an interface, rock solid on PC and mac...

lossleader
replies: 1 views: 386
wrgkmc 2 days ago

I've been reading up on how the GAP 73 can be modded for optimal performance by changing out transistors and transformers etc. ...

blotto
replies: 5 views: 1,012
Jim Williams 2 days ago

I'm not a drummer, but want to start playing a little bit, and want to buy an inexpensive kit to learn on, but that is ok to...

xmission
replies: 40 views: 1,090
Duke Murdock 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Here for a quick question. I want some secondary monitors for my home, I ll be getting the presonous eris e4.5 or...

Pranab Kumar
replies: 0 views: 279
Pranab Kumar 2 days ago

How much of an improvement in quality could I expect to see from an ISA one + ADC (via SPDIF) versus direct line input into a...

lilgreg
replies: 6 views: 419
Bushman 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Well I'm 30 now, but started my own recordings on XP in 04'-05' lol. After having hard drives crash, lack of...

jaguarguitar
replies: 42 views: 1,690
Cardinal_SINE 2 days ago

Hi! I am looking into getting a new sub for my studio, its a reasonably small space and treated well, i have looked into loads...

Matt Pumpkin
replies: 2 views: 344
Poinzy 2 days ago

I have an Alesis RA300 amp that has been collecting dust in my jam room and want to connect it to my media computer and/or phone....

DrTrusz
replies: 1 views: 309
AnalogOverdose 3 days ago

I'm sure there has been countless discussions, but I'd like to know what you're personal favorite tape simulator plugins are. I...

HammyMLR
replies: 36 views: 26,116
Moon Unit Sound 3 days ago

Hi everyone, thanks for the help! I'm thinking about buying an outboard compressor, a FMR RNLA, given that one has popped one...

SoothsayerRec
replies: 31 views: 663
Moon Unit Sound 3 days ago

They look like the Manley Ref C OEM capsule. I see several places selling them, including beesneez and microphoneparts.com....

zohomoho
replies: 9 views: 599
spambot_2 3 days ago

So guys, for some time ago i had an at4040 that had a damaged capsule (made weird noises, hums, hisses) but since i live in south...

rafferty
replies: 0 views: 314
rafferty 3 days ago

Hello All, I am looking for a microphone to record solo cello but also be versatile so I can use it for other instruments as...

Borz
replies: 12 views: 448
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Id like to keep it around 1000$ a pair but I can splurge a bit it warrants the purchase. Maybe 1500$ or less a pair. These will...

doom3crazy
replies: 67 views: 6,420
Bushman 3 days ago

I've been very happy with my Soundcraft EFX8 for several years. The group I play in has 5 vocalists and 3 instruments (guitar,...

Nate74
replies: 4 views: 333
Sebastian N 3 days ago

I was about to buy a pair of Adam F5 but then I saw the new JBL LSR305 monitors and they look intriguing. Has anyone heard the...

zakufan
replies: 507 views: 235,501
Bluzzi 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get something instead of my current Sennheiser HD 25 I-II's as I am spending a lot more time in the...

Konan
replies: 5 views: 446
Konan 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I today fixed a vintage SM58 as a wire had come loose, and was nearly at the end of my tether- I kept soldering, for...

Konan
replies: 0 views: 330
Konan 4 days ago

What's the best way to rack-mount something like this or a guitar pedal? Wanted to stick it in an anvil type case for...

goom
replies: 6 views: 1,851
CaptJ 4 days ago

I have a small 4ohm tube amp. I generally bypass the tiny 4 or 6 “ speaker and plug into an external cab with matching...

NoPro
replies: 7 views: 350
wrgkmc 4 days ago

So many people record amazing music in low keyhome studios these days. Post pics of cool people doing it well. Here are a...

emilysuper
replies: 5 views: 835
WorldPowerLabs 4 days ago

Hey gang, Long time lurker here, never posted before, but I've recently gotten the opportunity to open my own studio. Things...

Veritas521
replies: 22 views: 714
Matt Syson 4 days ago

Hey, I just picked up a pair of powered Mackie PA speakers- the Thump TH-15A's. They sound surprisingly good, except at very...

zulusound
replies: 28 views: 27,594
TheBigMove 4 days ago

This topic seems to pop up from time to time. Does anybody have information about the Tascam MTS-1000 Midiizer or ATS-500? Would...

Lamar.Fandango
replies: 4 views: 899
wheyface 4 days ago

Hello there! I'm looking to get a similar sound to Billy Childish's albums like Devil in the flesh and Crime against...

fran907
replies: 7 views: 518
fran907 5 days ago

Hi everyone! I am in the market for a cassette recorder. I have recently identified that I like the sounds of my recordings...

Goat Punishment
replies: 9 views: 629
soundebler 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search