The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Announcement: Black Friday/Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 785
Views: 785
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all, I have a small home studio where I record my own stuff. Gorillaz/Blur/Radiohead type feel. I don't have a live drum...

jgstarcaster
replies: 5 views: 172
JLast 1 hour ago

Hey fellow musicians, I've been studying and practicing a lot of the Top Down Mixing Approach. Wanted to get your insight on a...

SirMixaLot
replies: 2 views: 87
Influencer 4 hours ago

Tears for Fears: Broken https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lwev1soyL4 You can hear the bass clearly during the intro. This...

rectifiedMind
replies: 12 views: 434
Liquidaudio 4 hours ago

okay i see theres been a few threads on the search for a multitrack recorder.. but i want to make sure my next purchase will...

pottymouth
replies: 1 views: 77
foxwaves 7 hours ago

Apart from completely subjective listening tests, are there any simple ways that I could test and compare these two units? I...

silentsky
replies: 18 views: 21,774
RightOnRome 9 hours ago

I need a "point me in the direction" on how to replace the battery in my ancient Tascam TM-D1000 digital mixer. I've...

rbbrchckn
replies: 6 views: 274
noah330 9 hours ago

Looking to purchase songs for referencing but I want at least cd quality. Anyone know good websites?

msp13everlasting
replies: 4 views: 191
bill5 9 hours ago

Is there an app that can record my humming and give me back the notation and subsequent tablature for?

zamboknee
replies: 2 views: 118
bluesole 10 hours ago

Need a mic for singing. I've listened to many demos of other mics and for my more late 70s/mid 80s sounding stuff I sing, I ended...

zovosaf
replies: 11 views: 392
zovosaf 12 hours ago

Hi guys! I need a microphone to record lectures, podcasts and to chat with friends. After looking at the reviews, I was planning...

Brainless
replies: 23 views: 685
diablodan 14 hours ago

Has anyone had a chance to visit any conventions and listen to the new Kali IN-8 monitors? If so, what were your experiences, and...

vwruuska
replies: 17 views: 5,310
mattiasnyc 16 hours ago

I am currently using Tannoy Reveal 402. I would like to upgrade. I am looking into Yamaha HS8, Kali LP-8 and Adam T8V. What would...

Gab_Azz
replies: 5 views: 682
Gab_Azz 17 hours ago

Hi slutz. After 15 years i finally blew the woofer on one of my RP8s. I am not sure how to remove the speaker though. Compared...

kindkind
replies: 1 views: 385
nonselfie 21 hours ago
replies: 1 views: 157
gravyhavok 1 day ago

I'm just looking for a simple way to record band practices and produce an adequate live recording for a facebook site for an...

anetick
replies: 3 views: 259
anetick 1 day ago

For those of you not familiar with what these things are, they're bass transducers that you bolt onto a solid surface (such as a...

Sample Seven
replies: 8 views: 5,837
Scoox 1 day ago

Hello everyone! I am looking to get an audio interface for my XLR mic(probably Blue Ember, maybe Neat Worker Bee) and maybe some...

mattbhm
replies: 16 views: 706
carpa 1 day ago

I have Soothe 2 and looking at Waves. Possibly all I can afford unless something juicy shows up.

goom
replies: 42 views: 2,393
I play in a ban 1 day ago

Recently I was looking for which audio interfaces supporting USB include dedicated balanced line level TRS inputs - in order to...

Per Lichtman
replies: 11 views: 684
hebjam 2 days ago

Hi, Let me preface by saying I'm pretty new to recording. I'm working in my home studio (by no means an excellent recording...

bahag
replies: 1 views: 187
Totiana 2 days ago

Considering getting back into a cassette 4 track after many years of not having one! I used to own a Tascam 244 and it sounded...

zulusound
replies: 288 views: 124,954
mutetourettes 2 days ago

I'm pretty much out of the recording biz now, but I keep enough hardware around to do the occasional odd job, sound for video,...

zemlin
replies: 6 views: 573
zemlin 2 days ago

What kind of a peace of gear the motu 828 USB 2.0 is? i'll soon have to upgrade my audio interface, and i don't want to purchase...

sguali
replies: 9 views: 11,338
floeter 2 days ago

How's it going I ordered a x0xb0x black monster just before the new year from x0xsh0p/sound imperium. I bought it through ebay...

marmoran2
replies: 40 views: 4,473
kerogaz 2 days ago

I've come to terms with the fact that my old Saffire Pro 24 DSP is pretty much useless for recording with Windows 10, so I need a...

Naigewron
replies: 10 views: 384
Naigewron 2 days ago

So weird thing is... my vocals sound Best on a Samson c01 or c01u pro.... but there is a noticeable hiss ,,, so my question is...

D40Oz
replies: 0 views: 188
D40Oz 3 days ago

Anyone picked this thing up yet? 200 USD for a tube mic is an interesting price point. The cable braid and PSU looks the same as...

adumbfish
replies: 17 views: 1,702
RightOnRome 3 days ago

I'm using a pair of KRK Rokit 5 G3 monitors with a PC in a small bedroom, for listening to music, and editing audio. Mid bass is...

SkyCyclePilot
replies: 10 views: 315
Wayne 3 days ago

Good day, I am new to Pro Tools and have a focusrite interface. I have everything setup properly on Pro Tools and on the...

Nick70
replies: 0 views: 167
Nick70 3 days ago

Hi, I have a Stellar CM5 that is great for vocals and basically any source. My question is - how do you think it holds up to...

usernamely
replies: 4 views: 540
sonnycheebs 3 days ago

Hi, I am looking for some cheap external USB soundcard (up to around $100 used) that could be used with Android 8. (And...

Gearlust
replies: 0 views: 152
Gearlust 3 days ago

Hi, Apologies if this is the wrong section - I'm brand new to recording and really haven't a clue about anything. I'm trying...

PatAodh
replies: 6 views: 213
kludgeaudio 3 days ago

So I got a warm audio wa12 mic pre, I connected the output into a line input on my US1800 and even with the pad engaged and the...

dreib
replies: 8 views: 353
JAT 3 days ago

the space im in doesn’t allow many options for speaker placement. i have a pair of ProAcs (that i adore) and one of them is...

samtastic
replies: 1 views: 185
ambiguous signal 4 days ago

I recently bought an old Rode NT1 in very good condition as I had heard that they were designed by Jim Williams. Despite that...

Mikey77
replies: 154 views: 27,353
Totiana 4 days ago

So I Bought some Edyne pres the other day, I have been eyeballing em for a while and someone put a pair up for a good deal lower...

SunkenCity
replies: 6 views: 2,437
ZEF 4 days ago

Which monitor could be a replacement for the yamaha msp7 without having to invest a large sum of money? I have thought that the...

mcanicos
replies: 12 views: 1,076
AndreiPiatra 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I am new here :) could anyone recommend a decent quality (and still not too expensive) mixer or multi-track...

baroquepawel
replies: 16 views: 533
bradh 5 days ago

hi there, i've recently bought an sony mx-p21 and an mx-p290 console for 100€ each, i was thinking that the only thing they...

the_nooon
replies: 32 views: 15,334
shakemake 5 days ago

Hello everyone! I'm in the middle of a decision - should it be BehringerUMC204HD or Steinberg UR22C. I am a beginner and this...

Boyan1984
replies: 5 views: 254
Boyan1984 5 days ago

I'm trying to improve my vocal sound but I am not positive if a tube mic pre will help. I have used cheaper tube mic preamps and...

listen2benp
replies: 21 views: 655
robert82 5 days ago

hi , i know this has been covered a lot in the past , i'm just struggeling to find info to date or devices that havent been...

converted
replies: 4 views: 305
johannburkard 5 days ago

Hey all! First post on Gearslutz, be nice... ;) So I am PC-based, and I do music that is primarily electronic, but with some...

freeze_etch
replies: 13 views: 4,326
hebjam 5 days ago

I am curious what’s in YOUR mic locker?? Mine: Oktava MK319 (Russian ) CAD E100 (American) ...

bibleboy3
replies: 1,114 views: 233,579
RodrigoPandelo 5 days ago

I’m using the $800 mark because that’s what a pair of Focal Alpha 6s cost and the choice I’m leaning towards. I’m...

brewbaker
replies: 59 views: 3,399
Philip Parker 5 days ago

Has anyone any experience with them? I certainly see people talk of them but I can't find any shootouts. Any experience with...

Jazz Noise
replies: 38 views: 6,690
Zed999 5 days ago

For any of the existing/former Cubase users out there - have you tried Reaper? What do you think? After a week of use I have...

jlipoth
replies: 195 views: 27,305
I play in a ban 5 days ago

I have an untreated room. But full of stuff so not much echo. I got myself new gear to record better. Motu M2 audio interface...

ece79
replies: 1 views: 249
ambiguous signal 6 days ago

Before you point out the obvious, yes, I'm aware that any audio interface with 2 XLR inputs can do stereo. What I'm wondering...

GearAcquisition
replies: 4 views: 262
GearAcquisition 6 days ago

Hey everyone, I was wondering what interfaces I can get that support 20+ channels at 24 bit 96khz. Preferably I'd want an...

Tom.S
replies: 29 views: 732
oldmanstan 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search