The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 63,378
Blast9 1st February 2011

Apologies in advance for the n00b nature of this question. I am recording songs where fingerstyle guitar is the main...

biffjefferson
replies: 12 views: 564
Wiley Purchase 21 minutes ago

Please excuse this long-winded rant but I’m always amazed when I read posts slagging off small format Mackie mixers with a few...

shepke
replies: 90 views: 3,377
norfolk martin 39 minutes ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 1,047 views: 198,679
biglenny46 1 hour ago

I’ll start C64 with mssiah cart(anyone know some different carts?) Ekdahl Moisturizer Dynacord EC280 Those old preset drum...

ravecity24
replies: 0 views: 42
ravecity24 1 hour ago

I’m trying hard to stay under $500 a unit without sacrificing quality... I’m planning to run DX7 and other drum machines...

ravecity24
replies: 1 views: 177
ravecity24 1 hour ago

How do I use one part (4 poles only ) of a pickup of a pbass pick up for a 4 string instrument . I have a knock-off pbass...

NoPro
replies: 3 views: 164
NoPro 1 hour ago

So, this is a pretty dumb question, but I'm lost. I'm trying to connect two computer lapel microphones into my computer to...

Threeleggedyoyo
replies: 17 views: 4,563
jojo123 2 hours ago

Hi Guys, I am going to start recording drums soon and would need some advice of what microphone to get. I have seen a lot of...

lagwagon06
replies: 2 views: 113
JonnieK 3 hours ago

I have been reading, and in a lot of cases re-reading the threads on mic preamps. I decided to ask anyway about outboard preamp...

gwlee7
replies: 29 views: 1,451
Bowener 3 hours ago

This is a post for total beginners who are where I was a couple years ago, totally new to plugins and not knowing where to...

minervx
replies: 24 views: 951
ardis 4 hours ago

This is the opposite of the typical request: I'm not looking for a mic to make a guitar sound good, I'm looking for a mic to...

dtleahy
replies: 7 views: 241
ardis 4 hours ago

hello all So i have decided to choose between Eve or APS Can some one who has worked, heard both of those speakers tell me...

gedna
replies: 5 views: 698
gedna 4 hours ago

I have a few 80's rack-mounted delays that I'd love to hook up in the studio patchbay (Korg SDD-2000, Roland SDE-1000, Boss...

qblues
replies: 0 views: 72
qblues 4 hours ago

Hey everyone. I have a drummer who bashes the hell out of the snare and its causing the cymbals to seem very low, even after...

Halfstackstudios
replies: 6 views: 306
Monk u 7 hours ago

Im starting to get over thinking my room was way ****tier than it really is. I killed the flutter verb and left everything else...

Kyle S
replies: 2,578 views: 941,681
Munitone 8 hours ago

Hello all. I have a pair of Eve SC208, which sound great, and I'm seriously considering complementing them with an SVS SB-2000...

fredje
replies: 3 views: 444
fredje 9 hours ago

Previously had a Roland Micro Cube and I really liked it. Had a decent clean sound and the FX were really cool too, especially...

gmbluth
replies: 6 views: 195
xenosapien 10 hours ago

I’m thinking about taking a plunge and buying a high quality mic that is versatile to use on vocals, electric guitar amps,...

sspace
replies: 226 views: 9,410
choppie61 10 hours ago

Hi there, I need a new audio interface. It needs to have 2 TRS outputs, 1 headphones outpout and a correct sound quality. I'm...

hoochiNn
replies: 2 views: 198
Scragend 21 hours ago

Hey gang, If any of you are rockin' the BOSS VF-1 multi-effects unit, my patch editor for Windows (the un-originally named VF-1...

Ry-Fi
replies: 47 views: 18,208
mark1971 21 hours ago

Hi All, I value everyone's expertise here. I'm looking to pick up a new Pre to replace my VoiceMaster Pro. Going to be using it...

Izzi
replies: 70 views: 9,118
drhardlove 1 day ago

I'm curious if anyone's tried one of these mics? I've gotten some cables & a powered sub from Seismic, I know it's cheap...

reubenfar
replies: 11 views: 688
UKMK00 1 day ago

I know, I know, I know... people love to hate Behringer... and then it happens, you try one piece of cheap gear as a...

rack gear
replies: 286 views: 57,350
monkeyxx 1 day ago

Looking to buy this interface, but still hesitating between the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD and the FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2. The...

clydetower
replies: 61 views: 39,192
PeterMueller 1 day ago

I have an MXL V6 Silicon Valve mic that I used for a tiny bit of narration recording. I'd guess that it was powered up and used...

dtleahy
replies: 2 views: 239
dtleahy 1 day ago

I'm so confused how they have like a dozen different versions of it. I'd want something that's actually versatile enough for...

slutbox
replies: 42 views: 1,018
joeq 1 day ago

Hello GS; long time lurker first time poster here. The long and short is that my Art Pro VLA II is giving me a monster headache...

Pipe_Dream
replies: 1 views: 206
Servicethesound 1 day ago

Hey sluts, I'm planning an upcoming drum recording session and could use a recommendation or two for a one or two channel...

danielkov86
replies: 9 views: 380
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hi! I've been thinking of getting myself a Christmas gift and adding a ribbon mic to my locker. I've never used one before and...

maticomp
replies: 18 views: 1,349
VlaVlnPlayer 1 day ago

Haven't seen a thread about this yet, and to be honest I'm not even sure if this product has shipped yet. From the...

MicahBrown
replies: 7 views: 1,317
mrand 2 days ago

Are the pres and converters on both units the same? I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

Captain Stardust
replies: 11 views: 14,723
goom 2 days ago

I have a hobby recording setup in a bedroom and could use some help with some monitors. Have some nice gear...Focusrite Clarett...

mule34
replies: 11 views: 362
EvilRoy 2 days ago

So i'm the market for a good budget pair of monitors for around 200€ each. I basically keep coming back to these two monitors....

mareSLO
replies: 5 views: 273
Matti 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Going to try an L10, but I'm curious how many of you have been successful with either Midas 500 series...

NeveSSL1
replies: 6 views: 255
subspace 2 days ago

I'm sorry if this topic seems done to death, but I really can't find threads around here that address my questions. Basically,...

syntonica
replies: 16 views: 434
METALHAWK 2 days ago

Hey guys! Have any of you used a kick mic on toms (rack, floor, etc. any sizes/dimensions)? I've seen some people use them on...

brian_i
replies: 21 views: 3,750
chris661 2 days ago

Just wondering how the APS Klasik's sound? How do they translate and are they pleasing to listen to. I'm tired of my Adam A7X...

tonez
replies: 109 views: 15,932
John Caf 2 days ago

Had another birthday the other day and my kids put their pocket money into buying me a new...

Dezb1
replies: 27 views: 821
wwittman 2 days ago

Was doing a search for reviews on Golden Age compressors and came across this unit on Walmart.com, of all places, for a Comp3A...

TheRealSPH3
replies: 2 views: 268
TheRealSPH3 2 days ago

Hello guys, I just acquired a Roland S-330 sampler (decent condition) via ebay and managed to figure how to sample from vinyl....

solus
replies: 14 views: 1,573
DGL 3 days ago

When you argue with the high end guys often their answer comes down to the Veblen effect or the Hawthorne effect. Which effect...

joe sixpak
replies: 4 views: 258
Scragend 3 days ago

Pretty much right as the title says but ill go into more detail. I have an artist I'm working with. I was warned her voice is...

ThorntonStrolia
replies: 40 views: 862
locnus 3 days ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

Deleted User
replies: 100 views: 12,807
lightfire 3 days ago

I see where there are several older threads on this, but given the advent of some newer suppliers, I'm soliciting opinions on a...

packermans4
replies: 5 views: 261
chessparov2.0 3 days ago

Was wondering what some of you guys' hacks are for saving money in/on your project/home studio? For example, I use moving...

fastlanestoner
replies: 35 views: 1,405
minervx 3 days ago

This list assumes you have a laptop or desktop with Windows, Max or Linux. Just a list. Nothing on it is end-all be-all...

minervx
replies: 0 views: 155
minervx 3 days ago

Ive had a major issue over the last year, I thought it was my mixing, but turns out my monitors don't translate at all. Sonar...

Garage Rodeo
replies: 7 views: 246
KickDrum 3 days ago

I am having some ground loop (buzzing sound from monitors) so my question is would it be ok to disconnect the ground from pin 1...

drummerdimitri
replies: 10 views: 265
drummerdimitri 3 days ago

Hello everyone, greetings from Istanbul. I'm into music for some time, now I want my first synthesizer. I'll buy second-hand,...

biranduil
replies: 1 views: 165
biranduil 4 days ago

Hey guys, First post on here. Hoping to get a helpful response. I'm a solo song writer/guitar/singer producer and I'm weak when...

nevertrender
replies: 10 views: 638
wrgkmc 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search