The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Views: 5,560
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 54,364
Blast9 1st February 2011

What are your go to bread and butter compressors? I'm wanting to get a few new pieces of gear in my rack as I love real...

DavidAntonia
replies: 19 views: 632
no genre 52 minutes ago

Between The Worlds | Get Off My Lawn Records So Thursday is the release party for this record (carousel lounge 9-12 if you're in...

donsolo
replies: 1 views: 40
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

I've been musing over a channel strip for a while now (for bass and vocals mainly).. I've had my own "makeshift" ala...

ShadowAMD
replies: 0 views: 68
ShadowAMD 3 hours ago

So I dont have a word clock, im ordering one. For now I have a question is lack of WC on two adats the reason only one is...

Jaybird
replies: 17 views: 408
adrianww 4 hours ago

Until now I have done EQ ITB, and now I have viewed the Golden Age preQ-73: GoldenAge Project – PreQ-73 ] which has ...

razorboy
replies: 38 views: 939
Bushman 4 hours ago

Hello howdy I have the project to dedicate a three months cycling trip this summer to the realization of a travel-film and I...

impuls34
replies: 2 views: 205
impuls34 5 hours ago

I posted this in the Geekslutz forum earlier, but haven't had any response, so I thought to post it here as well: I have a...

KillerV
replies: 45 views: 11,520
The Beatsmith 9 hours ago

Hi, here is a HD Video of a recording session in my studio. What do you think? Thanks :) TxqcPmchygQ

klab606
replies: 18 views: 670
klab606 11 hours ago

Hi, I have a pretty deep male voice and I want to get into voice acting as well as livestreaming games. This guy at my local...

william.coughlin
replies: 9 views: 246
chessparov2.0 13 hours ago

Hi all, I think I am going to buy 1 NI drummer product during the current half price sale. I am leaning towards "60's...

ZendoBrendo
replies: 5 views: 337
stylesforfree 16 hours ago

Wow. I sit here listening to a live version of 'Cowboys from Hell' on "101 Proof" realizing...reflecting....that not...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 19 views: 2,757
Ontariosound 17 hours ago

Hey Folks, I recently bought an old Boss BR-532 digital recorder to tinker with and have been looking for the tutorial...

foxwaves
replies: 0 views: 110
foxwaves 18 hours ago

Hi all So I have been thinking for a long long time about getting rid of my Mackie 1640i and getting something a bit...

Thom b
replies: 1 views: 150
Thom b 21 hours ago

Instead of just mapping a plugin to a midi controller like a novation nocturn or what have you, I thought it would be...

Nick Stedman
replies: 6 views: 564
Nick Stedman 1 day ago

Hi, I have been recording on one of these babys for about 3 years,I got it on ebay for peanuts in brand new condition, it...

andypick68
replies: 40 views: 11,477
guntherbuffalo 1 day ago

Before I really knew how to apply compression to a vocalist or speaker's mic, I owned an Alesis 3630 compressor/limiter/gate....

Papa Tom
replies: 10 views: 393
Papa Tom 1 day ago

Long shot here, but does anybody know the size of the screw on the bottom of a Boss SE-50? It's the screw for mounting it to a...

maggotspawn
replies: 4 views: 225
maggotspawn 1 day ago

Hey Everyone! I'm trying to improve the quality of my recorded bass tones. I'm tracking a vintage style P Bass (passive...

afrogoose
replies: 6 views: 758
mininoyz 1 day ago

Hey guys, I'm working on upgrading my studio. Right now I'm torn between getting the MPC Live and the Maschine MK3/Jam. I know...

Nate_JG
replies: 2 views: 217
phaceless 1 day ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly inexpensive...no exact number in...

bill5
replies: 99 views: 5,010
Pine 1 day ago

Hi there ¡¡ I would like to get one Shure SM7b, but as I understand from what I read in the forums, it looks that it wont...

Martinoto
replies: 16 views: 17,672
jthick 1 day ago

I’ve read all the other posts about this board and it seems to get decent reviews by some. Just was wondering if anyone had...

Earwormer
replies: 2 views: 226
Earwormer 1 day ago

Hey guys! I wanted to try using an older DBX 163x compressor to record a few vocal tracks, and I was wondering if anyone out...

Ginazgifs
replies: 19 views: 6,697
vernier 1 day ago

Whats up everyone... I wanted to ask a simple question... I'm interested in the Alctron Microphones, but do not know where to...

Ensonix Studios
replies: 11 views: 10,989
adumbfish 1 day ago

Hi all, I am trying to build my gear list and work hard to save in order to accomplish the dream of one day owning a professional...

kritter
replies: 27 views: 12,560
shortyboyboy 1 day ago

I have been bugging people on here for the last month or so about which vocal mic would work well in my situation.... and after...

patshep
replies: 16 views: 540
Farmboy presents 1 day ago

Hi everyone, a couple of years ago, I was thinking about adding an analogue mixer in front of my Scarlett 2i2, so I could...

fladd
replies: 18 views: 618
fladd 1 day ago

The Focusrite (Gen 2, Solo) provides enough power to the SM57 for it to be viable, but it is not ideal. For the gain, 10-40%...

minervx
replies: 32 views: 1,015
fladd 1 day ago

Hi all, I am planning to buy new studio monitors. My budget is 800 Euros (1068$) for the pair. After reading lots of reviews...

jovanja
replies: 56 views: 13,015
miquifaye 2 days ago

Hello everyone. So a little background first. I started recording covers to songs that I enjoyed before my time runs out. I...

Personality
replies: 6 views: 512
hook11 2 days ago

Looking at buying a vintage Canary "Studio Series" Mixing desk to use as a front end for DAW, and for mixing/fun/adding...

guntherbuffalo
replies: 1 views: 214
guntherbuffalo 2 days ago

I recently bought an old Rode NT1 in very good condition as I had heard that they were designed by Jim Williams. Despite that...

Mikey77
replies: 76 views: 2,924
Mikey77 2 days ago

is there a difference in sound between a black c3000 and a silver c3000, not talking about a b version? Arthur

dude24man
replies: 16 views: 7,531
Wayne 2 days ago

I'm going back to the old school, got me a bunch of hardware samplers, a module, a Rhodes emulation keyboard, the outputs of my...

pqlia
replies: 37 views: 6,540
toowrongfoo 3 days ago

What is the general consensus on these? I am in need for a second rack: I currently own a Vintage King and was considering...

Matt_B
replies: 2 views: 237
kslight 3 days ago

So, I have recently acquired a Rode NT1-A after an exhausting journey just wandering from review to another... And now I'm in...

aesrockit
replies: 11 views: 1,308
VenVile 3 days ago

Thanks to Jules for dealing with the nastiness going on in my original thread. He said to try again so.... Below is my original...

rodreb
replies: 68 views: 22,837
Sweet Square 3 days ago

Im trying to use a Project mix just as a control surface with my digi 003 .. How do i make this happen. I installed all the...

MKREATIONS
replies: 7 views: 1,772
nolin 4 days ago

So apparently the Sennheiser MD 441, 431, 541, 531, and Neumann BCM 705 share exactly the same capsule. Some say they sound...

saurumanx
replies: 2 views: 276
saurumanx 4 days ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,291 views: 495,195
dogears 4 days ago

Hi guyz,lets imagine my production phase takes long time,or i practice my vocal part in my song alot,its going to be better or...

KiuMars_TR
replies: 11 views: 478
Unclenny 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
minervx 4 days ago

How's it going I ordered a x0xb0x black monster just before the new year from x0xsh0p/sound imperium. I bought it through ebay...

marmoran2
replies: 4 views: 638
x0xb0xthrowaway 4 days ago

Bass response is most important element to me as my current studio monitors are 5 inchers (JBL LSR305's), so getting an accurate...

Barncore
replies: 42 views: 2,188
mike vee 4 days ago

I have an M-Audio Ozone that's potentially dead, but I can't test it because I also lost the Power supply, replaced that with...

Mikael B
replies: 8 views: 1,891
Rafi_V 5 days ago

Hi, In my little 80's project studio I have a Ramsa WR-810 with a UMC1820 and a Tascam 22-2 for mixdown. The Ramsa mixer only...

wrtaylor
replies: 14 views: 533
LadybugRC 5 days ago

Hi! I'm running the main mix outs of an Allen & Heath GL2400-32 into a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 audio...

aeonsound
replies: 8 views: 399
Wayne 5 days ago

I have some room in my budget for a new mic!! I record mostly acoustic string instruments, voices, and percussion for folk /...

turtlejon
replies: 7 views: 427
esldude 5 days ago

Recording keyboards DI just is not giving me the sound I want. I am looking for a more open, acoustic-y sound from my synth...

onlywhelmed
replies: 0 views: 139
onlywhelmed 5 days ago

Hi all I'm looking for some ideas for some help selecting a new mic/mics. I record mostly acoustic instruments, especially...

AllAboutDrumming
replies: 4 views: 327
AllAboutDrumming 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search