The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've paid to use a studio exactly one time. I went in to try and make a three song demo, and I admit I chose the lowest rate...

Unicornsfyeah
replies: 412 views: 13,116
DRM 7 minutes ago

Hi, I want to bye a dynamic mic for about $400 for male vocal. Is the Shure SM7B the best choice? I know every vocal is...

kite
replies: 29 views: 758
jdier 25 minutes ago

Just had an idea. As I live with five other people, all of whom have lives, I am occassionally forced to mix through...

Soulbrother
replies: 31 views: 6,958
capoeira 1 hour ago

How better/worse are behritones compared to Avantone? I've used Avantones at a studio once and I think it's a great...

masteringdigital
replies: 88 views: 57,297
orbita 2 hours ago

Hi All, First, I know that KRK was sold and no longer supports these speakers. I have no chance of sourcing help/parts from...

jasonallen19
replies: 17 views: 3,470
Turquoise Lab1 6 hours ago

I bought a used Behringer K10S sub to augment the bottom end of my Kali LP6's and upon some recent measurements discovered it is...

Nonlinear
replies: 2 views: 111
ambiguous signal 6 hours ago

Hello, I'm trying to figure out if the high frequency content I'm hearing is saturation or if its some sort of distortion /...

jmtrujillo
replies: 3 views: 209
jmtrujillo 7 hours ago

I saw Motorhead live last week and Lemmy was singing in a strange SM57 mutant. It looks like they took off the tranny from one...

Stefan Luan
replies: 16 views: 8,551
JohnnyShotgun 8 hours ago

I found one on the used market for quite cheap, but can't find much info or sound demos about them. How do they stand up compared...

ashbury
replies: 7 views: 355
ashbury 8 hours ago

So I am posting a YouTube link of an old documentary for the Dave Matthews Band making the album Before These Crowded Streets....

DHannah1981
replies: 0 views: 87
DHannah1981 10 hours ago

Why hasn't a company made a modern Edison Cylinder? I mean, we have the technology. I was looking at Edison Talking Machines...

JLast
replies: 17 views: 446
Matti 14 hours ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 6,099 views: 732,737
chessparov2.0 17 hours ago

Anyone use these before? How do they compare to other boundary/PZM microphones drums/piano...

blakeq
replies: 0 views: 116
blakeq 18 hours ago

Hey all, I have a chance to get either the clarett 4 pre usb or apogee quartet for pretty decent prices used. I want to use...

bryceeeee
replies: 1 views: 159
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

My situation: I record mostly for fun, demos, etc. Every now and I've done an EP for one of my bands. My music room is an...

stormborn
replies: 1 views: 145
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

I mean, we have the technology. I was looking at simple 4 track cassette recorders on Ebay, god, the prices have gone up. A few...

Jeffguitar
replies: 953 views: 33,359
themaidsroom 1 day ago

Hi guys, the topic more or less describes my holy grail in terms of workflow and I wanted to do somewhat of a peer review here....

henwik-1
replies: 7 views: 345
henwik-1 1 day ago

Not thinking even home studio probably, but something really cheap for just rough demos etc....is there anything below about $50...

bill5
replies: 52 views: 5,705
rjb5191 1 day ago

So you don't have to look it up yourself, that's roughly $40-$60 USD. So the Cloudlifter is out of the question. This isn't for...

OolalavSuperfukk
replies: 1 views: 143
RoadRanger 1 day ago

sup guys, haven't posted on here for a long time. in here i'll be sharing some of my "tricks and secrets" for anyone...

assman420
replies: 11 views: 990
assman420 1 day ago

Hi all, Looking for advice on a stereo pair of mics like Earthworks, for under 1000. I am looking to record meditative sounds...

mraph
replies: 2 views: 178
mraph 1 day ago

Hey Peeps! In my current setup I'm running an Focusrite 18i8, which has worked well, however, I need some additional xlr...

bwgray
replies: 13 views: 3,564
eyecon 1 day ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 1,109 views: 264,213
gelabs 2 days ago

Hi there, wondering if i can datea secodn hand c414 buls by the serial #? it's 16165 btw. .. thanks!

clan
replies: 4 views: 5,121
lunar151 2 days ago

I have a MacBook Air, and a focusrite Scarlett solo interface. I get insane buzzing when trying to record DI guitars. It buzzes...

Cmallory85
replies: 4 views: 240
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

Hey Everyone! I recently acquired a new board and am very stoked. Unfortunately i have intermittent RFI problems, only on this...

Tommy Rojo
replies: 0 views: 162
Tommy Rojo 2 days ago

Hey everyone, I recently acquired an old Ramsa WR-8118. It sat in a road case for about 30 years untouched. It's not dirty...

SterlingForbes
replies: 0 views: 155
SterlingForbes 2 days ago

I've had this old Alesis microverb for a long time. I used to use it on guitar, but lately I am wondering if I should be using it...

countpocket
replies: 34 views: 7,354
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

I am curious what’s in YOUR mic locker?? Mine: Oktava MK319 (Russian ) CAD E100 (American) ...

bibleboy3
replies: 1,104 views: 224,246
Audio Atelier 2 days ago

Has anyone ever bought a mic from ebay from a seller without the "top-rated seller" badge? Im just a little uneasy...

DavidMadeIt
replies: 45 views: 13,626
Frankie Mumbles 2 days ago
replies: 485 views: 104,389
gmatkin 2 days ago

My old Alesis io2 express won't let me reduce buffer size in Reaper below 512, so I'm going to finally replace it. I'm going...

countpocket
replies: 0 views: 179
countpocket 2 days ago

OK so I'm going to let my MPAii go, but still want to have access to those two channels on my Liquid 56. It occurred to me...

joejnyc
replies: 3 views: 238
JLast 2 days ago

I have a couple of 1073 style preamps which I want to run my analog drum machine and synths through. They all output at line...

shuffle01
replies: 10 views: 927
AnandaLycs 3 days ago

So you guys probably get this question a lot so I hope my detailed description of my situation helps. Since there is no where...

BlowPop23
replies: 15 views: 889
bill5 3 days ago

I know, I know, another low budget summing thread... Here's a link to the unit in question: LittleOne 16 - Passive Summing...

OddBall Audio
replies: 37 views: 23,602
ThirdDan 3 days ago

Hi, I'm thinking of ordering the "Warm audio wa-87", does anyone here use it to give their opinion? I currently have a...

ezeaudio
replies: 32 views: 3,005
Jagg76 3 days ago

hi there, i'm looking for a 'vibey' old mixing desk to use as a performance tool to get my arrangements done on the fly as i...

lovecat
replies: 17 views: 1,488
boodyb 3 days ago

Can't find anything on the (newer) MXL R80. Is it the same mic/different body trick that MXL likes to play?

Rob Coates
replies: 12 views: 12,763
Rob Coates 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have also done a bunch of reading and video watching. Just wondering which set up would be better...

kwk1
replies: 113 views: 2,460
Scragend 4 days ago

I've been looking for a forum where people share their solo work for compliments and critiques in a generally supportive yet...

zerosoma
replies: 0 views: 212
zerosoma 4 days ago

Was searching for a pair of nearfields like the JBL 305s, but sadly they had to sit fairly close to the wall and being...

AndreiPiatra
replies: 52 views: 15,514
rockmanrock 4 days ago

Having a hard time choosing. Sm7b is the gold standard to metal/hardcore vocals these days, but the aston is 20 bucks cheaper,...

Trojanmantony
replies: 11 views: 2,960
fried fingers 4 days ago

So, I've been going crazy lately Researching and researching about mics and all the little differences and comparison videos and...

Cbanter93
replies: 424 views: 28,096
Mr Funk 4 days ago

So I've recently started a desktop type set up, and it's actually not going too bad. The goal is to make things as simple and out...

zerosoma
replies: 4 views: 301
AfterViewer 4 days ago

Hi, I am looking into buying one of these to use it with my synth gear (no mic pre's needed really) and I am wondering if...

upekah
replies: 5 views: 439
boodyb 4 days ago

Looking to get a relatively cheap mixer, and the xr18 looks like it will fit the bill, especially since I have an iPad and can...

Aka_bob
replies: 8 views: 441
Aka_bob 4 days ago

Hey everyone, I've recently set up my rehearsal space to do some serious home recording with my not-so-serious equipement...

skinslapper
replies: 25 views: 11,368
RightOnRome 4 days ago

I have a shure sm57 that i like for singing loud parts. I used my Behringer b1 for my soft but detailed singin parts. And used...

ece79
replies: 31 views: 1,504
David Carlyon 5 days ago

Looking at the revive audio mod for the warm audio wa-2a. any one had it done yet? I saw the post on their site and heard some...

mequaz
replies: 150 views: 25,263
mequaz 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search