The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings Condenser Microphones
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

This is such a great thread.

I've come to the conclusion that I need to try at least one of these out.
However, I'm extremely torn. There's too many models.
I'm using a Neumann TLM-103 as my main vocal mic. It's got a good ready-for-radio type sound, but as we all now there's some harshness going on there at times.
Even if I haven't had the chance to try it out; I think the Sony C800g is my dream mic since it's bright but still handles the sibilance so nicely.

I'm wondering if I should get the Warbler MKIV or the MKVI. Or both. Or the GZ251/GZ800fet.
It's mainly for a female singer with a very breathy, almost whispery voice. Lots of air. I've tried her with darker mics, but that doesn't work at all - I need it to be bright with a modern pop sound to it, and really capture the air in her voice - not to tone it down.

Help?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by astonjoel View Post

I'm using a Neumann TLM-103 as my main vocal mic. It's got a good ready-for-radio type sound, but as we all now there's some harshness going on there at times.
Even if I haven't had the chance to try it out; I think the Sony C800g is my dream mic since it's bright but still handles the sibilance so nicely.

I'm wondering if I should get the Warbler MKIV or the MKVI. Or both. Or the GZ251/GZ800fet.
It's mainly for a female singer with a very breathy, almost whispery voice. Lots of air. I've tried her with darker mics, but that doesn't work at all - I need it to be bright with a modern pop sound to it, and really capture the air in her voice - not to tone it down.

Help?
I put my TLM103 directly up against my warbler IV for some VO work.. sold the 103 ..there was clearly more weight
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:

Help?
I get more air and breathy vocals from my MkIV (compared to MkI), without being harsh on female voices.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Help?
I've the MK4 (I don't actually use the other patterns though). I'm running it through UA LA-610MKII. I work with a female singer. I have one short jam we did one night with MK4, I can PM it to you if you want to.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
I put my TLM103 directly up against my warbler IV for some VO work.. sold the 103 ..there was clearly more weight
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matias186 View Post
I get more air and breathy vocals from my MkIV (compared to MkI), without being harsh on female voices.
Yeah, it's either MKIV or MKVI for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teofunk View Post
I've the MK4 (I don't actually use the other patterns though). I'm running it through UA LA-610MKII. I work with a female singer. I have one short jam we did one night with MK4, I can PM it to you if you want to.
Yes, I would love to hear it. Thanks.
Old 5 days ago
You can also email Guosheng, hell give you a rundown on each mic and help you with the selection. He’s very responsive.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search