The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
No output from Behringer Powerplay P16-M
Old 6th February 2015
Here for the gear

No output from Behringer Powerplay P16-M

Hey everyone,

I've just got my P16-M and I can't get it to work properly with my P16-I.

When I connect something to the inputs of the P16-I (in this case a ProFire 2626) the green signal indicators (on the P16-I) light up as expected. Then when I connect the P16-M to the P16-I the signal lights (on the P16-M) also turn on.

Both units appear to be receiving a signal, but when I plug a set of headphones into the P16-M I hear absolutely nothing. The output is on full, the limiter is wide open, nothing is muted, and the volume on each track is on full yet there is no output! I've tried the line and ADAT inputs on the P16-I; both yield the same result as above.

It's really strange because both units seem to be working perfectly (apart from the lack of output of course). All of the indicator lights are behaving as they should on both units, and all of the P16-M's functions are working correctly (volume, pan, mute, solo, store and recall of mixes, etc).

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom.

P.S.: I bought the P16-I here in Australia, but the P16-M came from the US. I don't see how this would cause any issues but you never know.
Old 2nd August 2020
Here for the gear

I'm having the same issue. Figure anything out?
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbass View Post
I'm having the same issue. Figure anything out?
I guess you all are talking the behringer?
I cant remember what I did, but I bought one off ebay (none working) a couple years ago.
I read the manual and it was operator failure. I think all I had to do was push down on the volume knob. But if you haven't, "read the manual".
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dalton View Post
I guess you all are talking the behringer?
I cant remember what I did, but I bought one off ebay (none working) a couple years ago.
I read the manual and it was operator failure. I think all I had to do was push down on the volume knob. But if you haven't, "read the manual".
I second this. There are multiple ways to mute or turn the volume right down in the little mixer units - clicking the rotary encoders will mute/unmute in addition to the actual "Mute" button, there are master and channel settings in the bottom section in addition to the physical controls at the top, etc. Verify that ALL of them are passing audio - I have been amazed at the number of ways musicians have found to disable all or part of the signal on these mixers...

You can also try the line outputs into a small amp or something to verify the headphone output...

Hope this helps,
John

Last edited by Shrdni; 2nd August 2020 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: Add suggestion
📝 Reply