The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone have any experience with these tom mics? Dynamic Microphones
Old 31st December 2014
Anyone have any experience with these tom mics?

I am in the market for some tom mics, I am not about to go the 421 route or the audix d2/d4 route.

I am torn between the e604's, ev pl35's, avantone atom's and the lewitt dtp 340 tt.

Unfortunately I can't try them out before buying them, and there are not too many sound samples of the ev or the lewitts that I can find.

Anyone here have any experience with any of these mics?

I mainly write metal and symphonic rock stuff.

Any experiences anyone has with any of these would be most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th December 2016
Here for the gear
Diggin' this one out for the Avantone Atom ref--- Has anyone removed the inner foam of this 'tom' mic? It's glued in so it seems like a one-way 'mod'. Before I really mess up my mic I wanted to put some feelers out.

As for questions of this post--- depending on WHICH tom; I have 2 of each 57, Beta 56(eek the grommet glop), EV RE-20 and the MD 421 (and now an Avantone Atom). I have used the e604 and recommend for tight placement but if you have room I love the pain in the ass MD421. I have a Lewitt LCT 540 condenser, but no experience with DTP series.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search