The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What do you think of the Alesis Quadraverb? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 29th December 2014
Gear Maniac

They are great for delays, but are difficult to tweak. I think this is because a lot of people did not know what the menus meant. These menus affected the quality of the tails of the reverbs, so many people had a terrible experience with them.
The reverbs can be thinned out and can come across live better. Many reverbs sound good in the studio, but are too thick and muddy for live.
Since any parameter can be controlled by midi, that makes it more useful for live use in my little universe.
Old 31st December 2014
Lives for gear

Got one sitting in an empty rack case sans power adaptor...man those 4 pin things are a pain in the ass to find locally.

Of course I use this in my jmp-1 rack setup....mmmm 80's....
Old 5th March 2018
Here for the gear

I own the quadraverb 2 version 2.1 I believe. Don’t buy one if you are one of these guy who just wants to scroll through presents.... you are going to need to read the manual to learn this unit. It’s got 8 effects blocks you can program and rought any way you want. Truly a rare gem. I absolutely love this unit and will never sell it. I use the optical Adat in/outs, this provides 100% crystal clear audio. I own an Alesis fusion as well, and nothing but people complaining about that unit too, which is one of the most innovative synthesizers I’ve ever used
Old 7th March 2018
Lives for gear

Off-topic technically but I had a Quadraverb GT which was intended for guitar ("GT"). No idea what I was thinking when I bought that. It is terrible, ha! Precious little headroom, gain staging was excruciatinggggg. The tones basically represent everything I despise about the guitar. If your use-case is an ironically cheesy hair metal comedy act, i think it would be a great unit.

Stick with the reverb-centric units, don't bother with the "GT" ... you can "hack" some decent/usable reverbs and delays out of it, but the gain staging issue/lack of headroom are a constant headache. Oh and it has a proprietary power supply so if you lose it, that's a wrap.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

I love the GT. It's in fact a "normal" quadraverb (plus) which comes with additional Preamp, overdrive, distortion, compression and amp sim. Due to its date of introduction, of course, its factory presets are hair metal style. But you can tweak everything to your taste. The amp sim is pretty cool I think. Headroom and gain staging are a bit tricky though - there I'm with you.
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Guru
I have a Q2 and there is an ENoze preset that is really cool on piano. It does have a lot of ways to program it. I have a GT one also but the display went out on it.....
Old 11th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spambot_2 View Post
I was thinking of getting a quadraverb 2 to use mainly with my electric guitar for funny effects - flanger, echo, bit of distortion, bit of reverb.

And then I thought since I'm getting stuff I might just get something that I'd be using in audio productions too, for whatever funny effect I might be needing, so...

Do you guys think I could put an Alesis Quadraverb 2 to use?
Would its effects sound better than the ones in other gear for around the same price?
Is it actually a versatile/useful unit or it plain sucks?
Is the quadraverb 2 worth the price over the standard quadraverb - around €250 vs around €120?
I've mixed songs with Wedge (practically same as Quadraverb) ..it worked, I kinda like 'em.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search