The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sennheiser MK8 Multi-Pattern Mic - New Product
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Sennheiser MK8 Multi-Pattern Mic - New Product

Sennheiser MK8 Multi-Pattern Microphone

I'm looking for a new multi-pattern mic. Any thoughts if this might be worth waiting for?
Old 16th December 2014
Gear Head

from what i read, this mic is is as the tlm107 state of art...avery good review you can read Sennheiser MK 8 Test - Seite 2. from what i hear the sounds reminds me to an akg c414...neutral sound...
furthermore i think this mic won't belong to low end
Old 19th December 2014
Lives for gear

Here are some samples of the MK8 using several preamps. It does make me think from the sound of it, that it is a Sennheiser version of the TLM107. It is neutral, and sounds good in all the patterns:

<Sennheiser MK8 MP3 Samples>
Old 11th July 2015
Lives for gear

WoW this Mic must have the worst marketing EVER behind it!

1. No decent reviews on the net to be found. Really nothing. Amazing.

2. On GS THIS is the only thread and it runs at 3 posts in over a year..!! Wow GS loves Chinese mics but oh wait, a totally Made in Germany mic (yes, manufactured also) from Sennheiser gets no mentions and no stir here on GS?

I'm
Bummed

Anyways anybody using this thing?
Old 4th January 2016
Lives for gear

Old 4th January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzop View Post
WoW this Mic must have the worst marketing EVER behind it!

1. No decent reviews on the net to be found. Really nothing. Amazing.

2. On GS THIS is the only thread and it runs at 3 posts in over a year..!! Wow GS loves Chinese mics but oh wait, a totally Made in Germany mic (yes, manufactured also) from Sennheiser gets no mentions and no stir here on GS?

I'm
Bummed

Anyways anybody using this thing?
Why don't you buy/borrow one and write a review? My opinion is that with a list price of around $800.00, this mic is at the top of the "low end" range, which may be why nobody's yet written a review.
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

...hey Sennheiser!!
Are u listening?

You ain't doing your marketing right!

Nobody on GS is talking about a your cool new (old by now) mic!!!!!!!!!

Talk to me if you want 2see improvement! I'll work for you for free...!
Just send me 2 of your cool new mics and I will get da haus rockin' for your MK8
Old 24th June 2016
Gear Nut

they just came out with sennheiser mk4 digital usb version of their mk4 lol.
Old 24th June 2016
Gear Nut

Well! The MK4 is a neat mic, based on the e965 capsule but optimized for studio purposes. Very detailed and clear sounding. The only downside is that it doesn't really have a lot of "character".
Old 24th June 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by uherism View Post
Well! The MK4 is a neat mic, based on the e965 capsule but optimized for studio purposes. Very detailed and clear sounding. The only downside is that it doesn't really have a lot of "character".
i had one for a few days. i found it very hard to control.i only had it for a few days like i said only used it like 3 times during that time so i dont think i shoulda returned it. it was my fastest mic return ever lol. it was very powerful made me sound like a announcer. idk if it had a massive presence boost or what but it was too much for me and i returned it. i wish i didnt. maybe it has that stage bump to it still from the handheld version lol. from tests it seems to be pretty good vs rode's condensers doesnt have that rode sound. Hard edged choking on your tongue sound. thats how i describe rode's sound lol.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search