The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
A/D/A converter with Volume Controller: have you some advice?
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Maniac

A/D/A converter with Volume Controller: have you some advice?

My Rosetta 200 don't have the Volume control so i must turn down the fader on my sequencer or on my MAIN audio card MOTU 896 III (Rosetta linked via ADAT to my MOTU).
I read about a reduction in definitio when you turn down the volume in digital domain but a good Volume controller coast much. So i can sell my Rosetta 200 and found a A/D/A with 2 IN 2 OUT and a ANALOG Volume controller on board.
Did you know about it with the same rosetta 200 quality?
Let me know and thank you
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Addict

A Lynx Hilo has a volume knob, but that's gonna set out back about $2200. What about a passive volume controller? SM Pro makes the Nano Patch and the MPatch2 that's $60 or $130 (depending on how many outputs you need for monitoring. It's passive so it's not going to change the quality going into it. That would be the cheaper option that buying a whole new converter and risk not liking the quality.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear
+1 on the sm pro stuff. I actually have both and can't hear a degradation in audio except on the active headphones on the m patch2 a bit, but I use the headphone outs on my dac so it's not an issue.

Avoid the m patch v2, it's pricier, has an annoying stepped volume attenuator a nd features you'll probably not use.
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Addict

I wasn't that big of a fan of the v2 either (plus it looks ugly IMO) It's passive tho so there is NO degradation in quality, you only get that in passive. the nano patch only has output for 1 pair of speakers so if you have 2 sets of monitors, the mpatch2 is the way to go.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search