The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Rokit 5 Settings
Old 23rd October 2013
Here for the gear
Rokit 5 Settings

hey guys, pretty new to this forum so sorry if i post in the wrong section. Ive had rokit 5 monitors for a while and they sound great, however i notice some things just dont get mixed well and the end result is some sounds are louder/quieter than i wanted them to be. I know they are popular speakers, so i wanted to hear from some veterans. Which settings do you guys have these set to for optimal results? volume knobs, etc.? Also, do you connect them with a pre amp? thank you in advance!
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Head

I have had a pair of therefor a while and never had any issues. I just keep all the knobs on the back at 12 o'clock. They are powered speakers so they don't need a pre amp.
As far as stuff not sitting right in your mix, could be your room. Best advise I have got is using reference tracks. Put something on that you like the mix of and compare it to your mix. It helps in understanding how your room affects the speakers.
Old 24th October 2013
Here for the gear
thanks RockRebel, Ill take it all into consideration
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search