The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Use your good pre (GR) for room or snare mic?
Old 21st October 2013
Use your good pre (GR) for room or snare mic?

We'll start recording drums for our industrial/electro metal EP soon, and we have only one really good pre, the Great River ME-1NV (plus my MR816 and ADA8000) so I was wondering how would you go about utilizing it?

I've thought of either using it for the room mic or the snare top. Both have their cons, a room mic isn't exactly necessary for industrial and the snare I can replace afterwards to make everything sound more industrial... so I don't know? The drummer uses two kick drums so kick is out of the equation.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Addict

I would still put it on the room mic if you're going to replace the snare anyways. If you get something really good out of it, you can use it in the mix, if not, now you know. You're not really losing here with that one. You could always take it out later if you don't want to use it.
Old 23rd October 2013
Yeah I think I'll follow that advice. We already did samples of the whole kit with the GR so that got rid of that problem. heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search