The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
rme fireface ufx connection options
Old 20th October 2013
Question rme fireface ufx connection options

im using a macbook pro with logic and ive been looking to get a nice, large interface to replace an apogee duet that ive outgrown. ive narrowed it down to an RME product. i really like the fireface UFX best, but in order to preserve precious macbook inputs, i want to use the firewire 800 port and the RME is FW400. i know that FW is backwards compatible so i would be able to connect the RME alone, no problem; my question involves the FW400 compatibility running in a daisy chain off of a FW800 HDD. will this work? would i be better off getting a good quality USB 3.0 hub and connecting the RME (which is USB 2.0) that way? what are my options? thanks in advance.
Old 20th October 2013
if you really need to use FW drive then just connect UFX to straight to USB. I don't get why you want to use it through hub? If you have a lot of other USB things then connect them, not the interface to hub. I've never had luck with daisychaining anything through firewire so I wouldn't recommend it

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search