The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
looking for bumping subwoofers to compliment hs80s
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Maniac

looking for bumping subwoofers to compliment hs80s

in my dorm love producing music with hs80s but they dont kick hard enough on there own for when you wannna get down hah

Any suggestions of a sub to pair with the studio monitors thanks
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Why not the matching hs10 sub that goes with those speakers....

Thats what i use....i think i cut the speakers at 100 and let the sub take over there....
But issues to consider:
Phase between the sub and speakers
Room your in...if its not treated a sub is going to be a disaster!
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

I would go to musicians friend .com or something similar, pull up a list of all the subs they offer, then sort by "bumping" and "kick". GL.
Old 22nd October 2013
I would recommend at least a good 10 inch sub to go with the HS80's. I tried HS10w(8 inch) with mine and i think the Hs10w is great to pair with the HS50's only, as it will not add nothing useful to the HS80's.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear
Your monitors are made for accuracy.... not for bumping. Even with the sub, they're meant for better bass representation in a mixing scene.

Sent from my SGH-T999
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophone View Post
I would recommend at least a good 10 inch sub to go with the HS80's. I tried HS10w(8 inch) with mine and i think the Hs10w is great to pair with the HS50's only, as it will not add nothing useful to the HS80's.
Im going to have to disagree...i notice a huge difference mixing with the hs10 sub with my hs80m vs when i didnt have it....
But thats my opinion....
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Maniac

I understand that there made for mixing I wa just wondering if I could also use then for a kick back if I added a sub and maybe increased the volume of sub by quit a bit over the actual monitors

But idk ha
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear
^I hear you.

I think you should consider a 2nd pair of monitors honestly... so that you avoid buyer's remorse. Buy the sub for the right reasons (to extend the lows of your Yams so you can properly mix/tweak the bass)... or just get something else.

For example.. the price of the HS10w is around $300 bucks, give or take.

For that price, you could get a used pair of mackie MR8's right now on Ebay (it's literally the first item that popped up when I typed in Mackie MR8. Those will probably (emphasis on probably.. since I don't own a pair) bump how you want em to bump.

You could probably even find a pair of Rokits for around that price that will give you some bump. I see a pair on Ebay for $360 right now.

I get what you want... you want a way to "feel" your music, after you got your mix right. or.. you just want to enjoy the music in general without it being so "perfect" (not like the Yams are perfect.. i'm just saying). You wanna get down! like you said

It would be much better (and easier) to get a secondary pair of monitors along said your HS80s. You could also use them as a reference and spot check your mixes, by A/Bing between the Yams and the second pair you decide on... and use them for general enjoyment, like you want.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search