The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Allen&Heath WZ 16:2 - but which one???
Old 19th October 2013
Here for the gear

Allen&Heath WZ 16:2 - but which one???

Hi Guys,
i'm thinking about buying one for my small home studio. Now i was wondering which generation of them (1, mk2, 3 or 4) sounds the best.. which one do you think has the best sounding preamps, eq's, lowest noise, best reliability and so on. how are the effects sounding?
does anyone know when they started to produce them. what are your experiences about these mixers? haven't found much information about that, yet.

ps: please excuse my little simple english, i'm no native speaker...
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Unless you absolutely need 16 channels, a MixWiz 14:4:2 will be a much better configuration for studio use as it gives you access to sub-groups with inserts as well as up to 6 stereo inputs. As to the various generations, there will be very, very little difference...if any at all. The variations are all in the control and routing options, not the components.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Addict

Agreed with Wyllys, they all sound the same, you just have to figure out what options work best in your situation.
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

thank you very much, both of you, for the quick response. i never thought about the 14:4:2, i ever thought it was designed even more for stage-mixing.. i will chekc this out..

well, a while ago i was by chance talking to a quite famous electronic music producer. he has been using the original mackie cr1604 in the beginning, later the original mixwizard (not shure if 16:2 or 14:4:2 or sth else) and since a couple of years he has got an amek tac console. he told me i should try to get the first generations of these mixers (mackie or a&h). i guess he said they would sound "better"...
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

does anyone know, when allen and heath started to build these series?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search