The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Samson C-Com Opto
Old 19th October 2013
Samson C-Com Opto

Looking for a cheap opto comp for an occasional different flavor. Has anyone had or used one of these? Very cheap and from what I've read pretty aggressive sounding. Have already tried...ART VLA (too boring and transparent for my tastes), various Joe Meek, including the SC2 (didn't like the color of those), and a Bellari (just really wooly and bad sounding overall). Anyway, can someone comment on the Samson C-Com?
Old 20th October 2013
Deleted User
I own one and it's in a box in my cupboard....it's tame and opto sounding. Transparent and workman-like...if you live in LA you can have mine for free. Too lazy to sell it.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

no idea, but for insanity you could pick up a Shure M267 mixer for $50. The preamps are noisy as hell, but the compressor/limiter is monsterously great 9or greatly monsterous). Probably similar to the SE30 you have.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search