The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mic ID: Audio-Technica PR2000HE
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Mic ID: Audio-Technica PR2000HE

Looking for any info on a mic I've been using, it's an audio-technica PR2000HE, the label also says "hi-energy, hypercardioid, lo-z dynamic".

Just wondering if there are any spec sheets out there on it, or just any general info on this mic. Would love to see the frequency response. Google turns up VERY few results for it...wondering if it's rebranded or something.

Mic sounds pretty good live...at least better then our SM58. Don't think I've recorded anything with it, though...
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Anything?
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Nut

A picture (if possible) would speak a thousand words...
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Old 21st October 2013
Gear Nut

I'm not seeing that exact mic on the AT website but it appears to be part of their "Pro" series mics. Most of that series has been discontinued but not all of them.
I'll see what more I can find. Certainly not a bad mic... AT has a history of discontinuing good mics, like the ATM25, for example... If they made new ones, I'd buy them!
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, it sounds OK. I was just a bit surprised when I found ZERO info online about it, just a post on Tape Op where a user referenced it (but no info on it).

I think I'll record some sax through it this week, as my new mic is coming in and I'll be trying that out anyways...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search