The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sapphire Pro 40 Owners—do you us MixControl?
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Nut

Sapphire Pro 40 Owners—do you us MixControl?

I'm waiting for delivery on one of these units and have been checking out some of the videos on Focusrite's website. The MixControl software looks pretty capable—and pretty intense. I hadn't really thought that I would need all those features but now that I know about them I'm curious to know how many other owners are taking advantage of them.

I had just planned to use the mic pres and route into my DAW with Firewire, bringing back eight tracks with the analog outs into my board and calling it good. Possibly I need to rethink that. Any suggestions? Is the MixControl software primarily for monitoring and cue mixes?
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

I think it's designed mainly for routing and cue mixes as you said - the main feature being zero latency monitoring.

Personally I find that I can get away with monitoring through my DAW using a few EQs and reverbs etc. without much (if any) latency and this normally delivers a more pleasing sound.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Nut

I use it to route my outboard processors whenever I'm mixing. I have the 18i20 but they're both essentially the same.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search