The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SwitchWitch
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

SwitchWitch

I am looking for something that I can switch between different sets of monitors while mixing, and this thing seems to be a perfect fit.

Pro Co Switch Witch | Sweetwater.com

But, I was also considering a balanced TRS Patchbay, and just switching them like that. Is there any advantages to this SwitchWitch versus switching the patch cables back and forth?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRapture View Post
Is there any advantages to this SwitchWitch versus switching the patch cables back and forth?
Ease of use? Seems much easier than patching, allowing for you to stay closer to the sweet spot and maintain focus.

There are lots of CRM monitor controllers out there with additional features if you're interested.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Ease of use? Seems much easier than patching, allowing for you to stay closer to the sweet spot and maintain focus.

There are lots of CRM monitor controllers out there with additional features if you're interested.
I haven't found many for much less...perhaps you can link something a bit cheaper?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRapture View Post
I haven't found many for much less...perhaps you can link something a bit cheaper?
I didn't know you were looking for "cheaper" in your OP. I know of nothing cheaper. IMO, that's an excellent value for the $$. The only thing cheaper that I can think of is just swapping cables directly to speakers manually. Make sure you power them down first. A pita IMO, but it's cheaper.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
I didn't know you were looking for "cheaper" in your OP. I know of nothing cheaper. IMO, that's an excellent value for the $$. The only thing cheaper that I can think of is just swapping cables directly to speakers manually. Make sure you power them down first. A pita IMO, but it's cheaper.
Haha, yeah cheaper is always better, as I'm a student Thanks for the replies!
Old 30th October 2013
Gear Maniac

What about putting the reference speakers on AUX 1 & 2, and then just lowering my mains volume, and turning AUX 1&2 up? If the sound isn't getting degraded in any way, I would think that because the StudioLive has the option to do this, it would in fact be the cheapest route to go
Old 31st October 2013
Gear Addict

SM Pro has a bunch of MPatch controllers that are cheap and passive. Depends on how many outs you need, but they usually run cheaper than even the Pro Co switches.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search