The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Performance Keyboard with USB Audio
Old 14th October 2013
Here for the gear

Performance Keyboard with USB Audio

Hello,

I am having some difficulty finding a stage piano (for good, responsive, relatively warm piano sounds with electric pianos and simple organs and clave) that supports USB Audio and MIDI. I make electronic music with Ableton (so MIDI is a must and pitch/mod is a big bonus, other controls aren't necessary) and play jazz, improv./jam, blues, and rock piano alone and with a band. I need flexible piano sounds in a package that allows me to connect directly to a computer for recording, would ideally have an XLR or TRS input, can stream computer audio out of the keyboard outputs, and works as a master midi controller.
The RD-300nx is exactly what I am looking for in a keyboard, but doesn't support USB Audio.
The Korg SV1 is close, but lacks audio and pitch/mod.

Portability is important to me, as I jam in many locations and travel from time to time.
If someone can convince me that Kronos is travel-ready (it seems very heavy, but maybe I'm wrong), then the 73 key edition would be my best bet.

Again, this keyboard should integrate reasonably with Ableton. No automap necessary, just function MIDI capabilities and no serious bugs.

Any suggestions?
I can go up to about $2000 (so a Kronos would have to come used).

Thanks,
Innerspectrum
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear
I'm not so sure you'll find any keyboard that streams audio via USB.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search