The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Focusrite headphone out doesnt work?
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Focusrite headphone out doesnt work?

I just bought a focusrite 8i6 and the headphone jack doesnt seem to work. The outputs on the back work fine. I just cant get the headphone jack to work. Is there anyway to get a 2 line outputs to headphones? Idk. Im trying to figure this out somehow.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonaCostello View Post
I just bought a focusrite 8i6 and the headphone jack doesnt seem to work. The outputs on the back work fine. I just cant get the headphone jack to work. Is there anyway to get a 2 line outputs to headphones? Idk. Im trying to figure this out somehow.
Did you open up your software router on the 8i6 to asign what outputs you want your headphones to come from..? Good luck..
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Yeah! I put headphones Mix1 and mix2. Maybe got a faulty unit?
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Possibly..Maybe try the other outputs.( 3 and 4)...Which ones are you using for speaker outs..?..Is there dedicated " monitor" outputs, not mix outputs..?
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

speaker outs are 1 and 2 and they work fine. 3 and 4 works fine as well. Its just the headphones dont work. Everything else works flawlessly.
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Head

You have to set it up in the Focusrite mix software.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
You should choose DAW 1 and 2, not mix 1 and 2.
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Daw 1 or 2 doesnt work either. I hear NOTHING not even static.
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

Can you take a screenshot of your MixControl panel? What DAW are you using?
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Did you try to go to file and load from hardware? The headphone outs on my Saffire Pro 40 are a little lower in gain (output) than other interfaces I've used. Make sure you turn it way up
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Did you try to go to file and load from hardware? The headphone outs on my Saffire Pro 40 are a little lower in gain (output) than other interfaces I've used. Make sure you turn it way up
Really? I have the Saffire Liquid 56 (I think they are the same headphone amps). When mixing (with conservative levels), I almost never go past 4/10 on the volume knob. When mastering or listening to mastered mixes, I would never go over 2 (usually stay under 1.5) or I'd blow my ears out.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Maybe I have a setting wrong as well. Just seems low. I just purchased it and haven't had a lot of time to mess with the Pro 40.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Maybe I have a setting wrong as well. Just seems low. I just purchased it and haven't had a lot of time to mess with the Pro 40.
Hmmm... or perhaps you have high-impedance headphones compared to mine. I usually use Sony 7506s, which I think are 32 ohm. On the low side for professional headphones. Sometimes I use Sennheiser HD 280s, which are 64 ohm I think.

What headphones are you using?
Old 17th October 2013
Here for the gear

The headphone output on the 8i6 is receives it's signal from outputs 3/4, so if you are able to get output from line outs 3/4 and the headphone output is not working, this would indicate a hardware fault. Since you just purchased the 8i6, I would recommend exchanging it with the retailer for another 8i6. If they do not have stock to facilitate this, please get in touch with Focusrite support via this link:

Contact | Focusrite

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search