The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The impact of the outboard pre
Old 14th October 2013
after the mics , upgrading my preamps resulted in the biggest improvement to my recording sound. first with a Buzz preamp and then later on with a couple of Sebatron preamps.they have made the biggest improvement.
and it's not just all in the sound quality they actually look great in the studio.
i'm thinking of getting more and more outboard gear to flesh out the racks and to keep the clients busy with their eyes while i'm busy tapping away on the keyboard and mouse.
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Guru

The DAV BG-1 is a remarkable high quality 2 Channel mic preamp.

Not sure what they cost now but mine was $690.00 plus about $70.00 for import duty.

Mick made up a pair of XLR to 1/4 TS cables so I could also use it as an instrument D/I.

It adds a sense of air & remarkable clarity without coloring the sound.

A very big bang for the buck.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dans595 View Post
Gouge - What would be an example of "decent converters." I thought that RME's would be "decent," though that is a subjective word. I'm just curious. (I went the RME/Forte/Duet route because I thought the converters were supposed to be OK.)
ross martin and korg dsd I would say are getting close to transparent. next step down would be lynx

ross martin is direct coupled so no capacitors in the signal path from what I understand. i'd like to sell off the lynx and get all ross martin.

but then there are a whole host of coloured hi end converters.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search