The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pro Tools Interface on a budget
Old 12th October 2013
Gear Head

Pro Tools Interface on a budget

I'm looking for an interface that's Pro Tools 11 compatible, but I am on a budget. I've got $250 to spend and I'm looking for something with 8 i/o, preferably firewire 800 and MIDI. I was thinking about the Behringer FCA1616 because it has 8 dedicated i/o plus 8 inserts, but I've heard nothing but bad things about behringer products, although I've never personally used one so I can't confirm those reviews.
Old 12th October 2013
I would suggest saving about another 100$ and check out something like a used motu 8pre. It has everything you are lookin for plus awesome pre amps and d/a conversion. That's what I use and its a huge step up from cheaper interfaces! In the 250$ price range you could also check out something like a presonus firepod. But I heard the pres on it aren't so groovy. But I never owned one, so who knows!
Old 13th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhody View Post
I would suggest saving about another 100$ and check out something like a used motu 8pre. It has everything you are lookin for plus awesome pre amps and d/a conversion. That's what I use and its a huge step up from cheaper interfaces! In the 250$ price range you could also check out something like a presonus firepod. But I heard the pres on it aren't so groovy. But I never owned one, so who knows!
I have to agree. I saw a lot of great reviews for that product.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search