Best Plugin EQ for HF: AbbeyRoad Brilliance, Sonnox Oxford, Sonoris SMEQ, Flux Epure?
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

Best Plugin EQ for HF: AbbeyRoad Brilliance, Sonnox Oxford, Sonoris SMEQ, Flux Epure?

I know that actually Acustica Nebula beats them all BUT:

Would you say AbbeyRoads Brilliance Pack has probably the best sounding plugin EQ for high frequency around?
Has anybody tested it against some of the others in the title?

Thanks!
Old 29th August 2013
Have never used ANY of the ones you listed. Do you mean for adding sparkle, hi-cut, or both? I'm assuming adding sparkle, because for hi/low cuts I only ever use Pro-Q, but this is what I find to be the best for HiFreqs:

I have: Logic Channel, FabFilter Pro-Q, Stilwell (VibeEq,1973), Waves H-EQ, Focusrite Scarlett EQ, Softube (Tubetech, Summit, Active, Passive, Focusing, Tonelux Tilt, Trident)

The best of the bunch: Summit Audio EQF-100 Full Range EQ for everything, but 1973 for drums usually (hats, snares, claps)

I've heard good things about a couple of the ones you listed as well as SPL Full Ranger and Brainworx

I'd love to see what other people think also.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Plugin EQ for HF: AbbeyRoad Brilliance, Sonnox Oxford, Sonoris SMEQ, Flux Epure?-eqf100_screenshot.png  
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D View Post
Have never used ANY of the ones you listed. Do you mean for adding sparkle, hi-cut, or both? I'm assuming adding sparkle, because for hi/low cuts I only ever use Pro-Q, but this is what I find to be the best for HiFreqs:

I have: Logic Channel, FabFilter Pro-Q, Stilwell (VibeEq,1973), Waves H-EQ, Focusrite Scarlett EQ, Softube (Tubetech, Summit, Active, Passive, Focusing, Tonelux Tilt, Trident)

The best of the bunch: Summit Audio EQF-100 Full Range EQ for everything, but 1973 for drums usually (hats, snares, claps)

I've heard good things about a couple of the ones you listed as well as SPL Full Ranger and Brainworx

I'd love to see what other people think also.
+1

I like the Summit and the Tube Tech Channel Strip by Softube both!

Also the Plug-in alliance Maag EQ-4 emulation is actually pretty swell.
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

I don't mix ITB and prefer to do most of my eq-ing with analogue, on the console or with selcted outboard pieces, but speaking of plugins I do like to use, one that very seldom gets mentioned but is (in my opinion & experience & to my ears) really excellent, and HF specific, is this one:

Nasty HF

They also do an excllent LF one, with the Pultec style boost/cut controls.

And btw both are FREE.

Your wallet will join your ears and thank U, if U ask me.

A
F
Old 29th August 2013
well Im going to be boring and say if I do need to do a HF boost which tends to be quite seldom in the box - I would use a Nebula program because they just sound so good...Maybe the Bax program from CDSoundmaster or the Massive Passive...or the Tim P Silk EQ...just sounds great and real.

I also think the Spline EQ is pretty decent for opening a sound up - but it has a bit of a zing to it...
Old 29th August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by herecomesyourman View Post
+1

I like the Summit and the Tube Tech Channel Strip by Softube both!
Right on! The Tubetech EQ is the only thing I ever use on kicks and bass. And the compressor is the only thing I use on bass.
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

Have not heard the aforementioned, but my favorite high end right now is Waves RS56.
Old 29th August 2013
Lives for gear

Just has mentioned above the Maag Audio EQ4 air band, or
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search