The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Travel Size Computer Speakers? Studio Monitors
Old 8th August 2013
Gear Maniac

Travel Size Computer Speakers?

I'm going nomad. Selling all my stuff, and hitting the road to see Europe for a few month to a year.

Which small, portable speakers should I bring along for a journey through hotels, hostels, and short term rental apartments?

My requirements are they have to be small to fit in my luggage. Small compared to proper bookshelf monitors. No sub-woofer. I'm not expecting stellar quality, just looking for relatively flat frequency response without the hyped freqs common in bose, etc.
Old 8th August 2013
Gear Head

Old 8th August 2013
Gear Addict

Wow. Great plannings.
Suffice to day i is from eu.
Check out krk v4
Or if u can fnd em check out some heco 2000/K
Old 8th August 2013
Gear Maniac

Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear
Maybe Yamaha MSP3 will do for you. They're quality in sound and built to last on the road..check them out...
Old 8th August 2013
Gear Head

i would give them a listen in person.
some pros of the foxl to me are:
-usb charges internal battery that lasts a long time
-the frequency response from 80 to 18k is very flat/linear (i measured them using smaart w/ pink noise.)
-very small backpack friendly design.

there are a bunch of good travel speakers out there. it all depends on your preference ...
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

powered or not?

I've been pretty impressed with the sound quality of my brother's Logitech PC speakers. If you need powered speakers you might want to check out PC speakers -- since they have them in shops you can test them out in person to see if you like them.

I know there is a lot of hype with Bose, but they do have a little speaker that sounds really good. It's Bluetooth. I heard one in a Bose store playing tunes off some guy's phone. For the size it was pretty impressive.
Old 8th August 2013
Gear interested
Music Angel Europe- Home (Int)

^ I got one of these while I was in Norway, great sound, compact, charged via computer so you dont need to worry about buying batteries. Battery life is pretty swell, and its a durable thing. No knobs, minimum switches, they dont put much on it, so there isnt much to break. A cool thing is you can hook several(or however many you want) together for even more sound. No stereo, but hey, its like $50 if I recall correctly.
Old 8th August 2013
Gear interested

genelec 6010a?
Old 8th August 2013
Gear Guru

The OP said no to Bose, but for travel, I like the Bose Soundlink II. True, it's super scooped, but it fits great in a backpack with my laptop and a mini keyboard. Just charge up both the laptop and the speakers, and leave the chargers in the car or the hotel room. You could never mix on it, but it's fine if you just want to hear what you're doing.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

My new foxl travel speaker arrived last night- now charged and testing it- sounds amazing. Takes a bit of fiddling to adjust the levels so it doesn;t distort, but is LOUD and clear, even when not plugged in- very clean, accurate soundscape. 6 out of 5 stars!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Killer small speakers

Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
Old 4 days ago

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search