Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Apogee Duet? Joly mod?
Old 3rd January 2013
Gear interested

Apogee Duet? Joly mod?

I've got a rode nt1a going through an Mbox 2 Mini (USB) I'm wondering how much better the sound quality would be if I upgraded to the Duet? Or would I get better sound by getting the Joly mod on the NT1a instead for the money? Hmmm...
Old 3rd January 2013
Lives for gear
You won't regret buying a duet over your mb2. That is for certain. I bought an mb2 mini for my home setup just for putzing around and hated it. The duet 2 will also allow you to hook up any 2 channel mic pre you may purchase in the future as well.

My 2cents.
Old 3rd January 2013
Yea the duet will sound better. I am more of a mic guy though and would want to get another mic. All depends on your scenario, but in my eyes a mic will last, interfaces come and go. In 2 years you will still love your mic collection, but covet a new interface.
Old 5th January 2013
Gear Addict

The Joly mod is great, my modded NT1 sounds like a new mic, I'm very happy with it. On other hand, it's pretty hard to love the Mbox preamps, so upgrading them would be a good idea when you can. I'd go for the mic first but either one would be worthwhile.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search