The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Renaissance Max Bundle
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Waves Renaissance Max Bundle

What is everyones thoughts on this bundle? I am needing some RTAS plugs and they are right in my range. I have used the Platinum bundle quite a few times, but I am not sure how the Renaissance Max Bundle holds up.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

the Renaissance plugs are the only wavs plugs that would be worth having. but i still wouldnt buy into waves. there are plenty of other options around these days.
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_techie
the Renaissance plugs are the only wavs plugs that would be worth having. but i still wouldnt buy into waves. there are plenty of other options around these days.
What do you recommend in the $500 range that offers around the number of plugs the Renaissance bundle does?
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

i would save up a little more and buy the sony oxford 6 pack

if you dont mind paying out for WUP every year by all means go for the ren bundle. they are some of the few waves plugs i like i just wouldnt buy into wup
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

I have both the ren package and the sony oxford 6 pack.
Definitely save up and get the 6 pack. You have basically all of the necessary "root level" plugins there. And they are all excellent.

Just my .02

Keith
www.keithlubrant.com
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_techie
i would save up a little more and buy the sony oxford 6 pack

if you dont mind paying out for WUP every year by all means go for the ren bundle. they are some of the few waves plugs i like i just wouldnt buy into wup
My last comment must have sounded alittle sarcastic but it was in NO way. I am going to check into the Sony pack. Thanks for the input.

Edit: I just checked into the Sony pack. Are the Oxford Plugs really worth the Extra $550?
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

I don't like wup either, but that is a darn good bundle (the waves ren one). Especially with the free IR verb thats pretty nice, its a good value. I kinda couldn't mix without renbass, renvox, the comp, and the deesser. Very good utility stuff.
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

It honestly depends on your needs. I needed a compressor, eq, limited (mastering), reverb and I got some more plugs.

I also have the waves bundle and I go to the sony's more often. I definitely like their eq better then renEq (RenComp is actually really good), but I think the sony comp is more transparent. and the limiter, I feel, is definitely better than the L2.

Again, these are just my opinions. Your best bet is to download the demos and see what you feel works for your specific needs.

...don't forget the Massey plugins..they have been getting some great reviews
http://www.masseyplugins.com/
and their price is right!

Keith
www.keithlubrant.com
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

"Especially with the free IR verb"

you may want to look into that...as soon as you use the IR verb, that gets tagged on to your WUP price, also.

Just a heads up.

(Please don't think I am a Waves hater...I own the SSL package and Renn Bundle!)
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I forgot to mention that my MAIN focus, as a mainly House and Trance music producer, is the Reverb plug.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

PRETTY MUCH A WASTE OF MONEY
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

^LoL what is a waste of money? The Waves plugs?

Now I have a question about WUP. If I buy the Waves bundle and install it on my JUST upgraded G5 running Tiger and ProTools 7, will I need to buy WUP yearly? Or will I be able to run them for, lets say, 3 years on the same OS on the same computer without buying anything else?

Also, what do you guys think og the McDsp Plugs? This pack is right in my price range and has everything I need.

McDsp
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Maniac

You should really download the plugins and take a look for yourself. People are going to like different plugs for different reasons, but it might be different for you.

I own the AC1/AC2, MC2000 and filterbank from McDSP and they are all excellent plugins. I have not tried Revolver (their verb plug) so I cannot comment on that one.
Old 6th June 2010
Gear Addict
6 years later

For me, Waves Ren are the only compressors that have "wowed" me. I own the Digidesign Fairchild Bundle and I the Ren Bundle is like 100x better

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search