The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
project mix or computer making popping sounds
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Head

project mix or computer making popping sounds

I have a problem with my project mix.every time my cpu G5 starts up or comes back from sleep I get ticks and pops and I think these might have popped my tweeters. Please help . oh and yes I know this thing sucks
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRather
I have a problem with my project mix.every time my cpu G5 starts up or comes back from sleep I get ticks and pops and I think these might have popped my tweeters. Please help . oh and yes I know this thing sucks
Yeah, it is the projectmix, not the computer. M-audio says that this is NORMAL!!!!???

Bullcrap. Anyway, I understand they are working on a new driver for it that is supposed to address this garbage popping everytime the firewire bus resets, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Are you using M-powered PT? It doesn't do it nearly as much with the core audio apps, IE live and cubase.

I feel your pain,
Matt

PS Mine doesn't pop loud enough to blow a tweeter, though.
Old 10th June 2006
Here for the gear

You are not alone. Believe me. I have to always turn on my Project Mix first and wait for it to fully initialize before I dare turn my monitors on. Yes, it's annoying and M-Audio tech support seem to brush it off as a minor irration. Dumb.
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Head

r I need to get a 002 or go to another program I am really getting sick of this. you cant use anybody elses concole except m-audio or digidesigns own Why why. Damnit they need to learn how to play nicely in the sandbox and not say oh u have to use our stuff not motu presonus or what ever else

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search