The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Motu 1224, 2408 or Adat I/O ???
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Motu 1224, 2408 or Adat I/O ???

Hi guys,

I have a Tascam M2600 MkII mixer that I am growing fond of. I am wanting to do more recordings outside of the box. Right now it is attached via the group outs to a Motu 1224 that I have had for eons. I am wanting to expand the system pretty economically from 8 input/outputs to 16 or 24 input/outputs. I am wondering if additional 1224s are the way to go or if there is something better on the adat side of things as I believe the existing 1224 has adat i/o. Guitar wank has a pair of 1224s for 400$ a piece and I am wondering if that is as good as I can do now. I am looking to expand my system rather than trash and start new if possible.

The wisdom of fellow gear slutz has been advantageous to me so far. Thanks for your time.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by firby
Hi guys,

I have a Tascam M2600 MkII mixer that I am growing fond of. I am wanting to do more recordings outside of the box. Right now it is attached via the group outs to a Motu 1224 that I have had for eons. I am wanting to expand the system pretty economically from 8 input/outputs to 16 or 24 input/outputs. I am wondering if additional 1224s are the way to go or if there is something better on the adat side of things as I believe the existing 1224 has adat i/o. Guitar wank has a pair of 1224s for 400$ a piece and I am wondering if that is as good as I can do now. I am looking to expand my system rather than trash and start new if possible.

The wisdom of fellow gear slutz has been advantageous to me so far. Thanks for your time.
MOTU 1224 and Tascam 2600....I feel like I've stepped into a time warp. Scotty, beam me to 1999! heh

There's no ADAT i/o on the 1224--it's strictly analog. It's not a bad sounding unit for its age and budget range though--I used to own one and did some decent recordings with it. So if you're happy with the one you've got, you might want to go ahead and pick up at least one of the ones they've got at GC (though $400 for a several-years-discontinued breakout box seems a bit steep--are they new in box? if so, they must have been sitting in the back of a warehouse somewhere...check for mold )
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Addict

used 1224

I recently bought a used 1224 for $135, without the PCI-324 card. $400 each is way too much for technology that old. Don't.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search