The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Question about DAW Controller!! HELP PLEASE!!
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Nut

Question about DAW Controller!! HELP PLEASE!!

Hi... I am looking for a DAW Controller.
Here's my setup now: Powermac G5, Digi002Rack, Presonus preamp.
does any DAW Controller compatible with Protools???? I am looking for a cheaper one. And, how will be the connection? like firewire to 002R?? or other way???

Thanks

Kit
www.saikitmusic.com
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

There are lots of options. Control24, D-command, Command 8, Mackie Control, Tascam us2400, Motormix, to name a few.
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Head

Whats your budget and what kind of options do you want with it?
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Nut

those digidesign products are too expensive for me. I've just bought that powermac....and some samplers....so, not i am looking for something around $600. Maybe a used one as well.
Actually i am a arranger and also working as film composer. so i just need a control surface for very simple recording...like..volume fader...panning....mute ,solo....button for record......stop.....and maybe "play"..and that's it. just very basic function instead of using the mouse.
any recommend?
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikit_2003
i just need a control surface for very simple recording...like..volume fader...panning....mute ,solo....button for record......stop.....and maybe "play"..and that's it. just very basic function instead of using the mouse.
any recommend?

Frontier Design TranzPort $199.97 USD....I have one to go into another room by myself and still be able to push record, pan, etc.... it's wireless and works great.
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Nut

the Frontier Design TranzPort is cheap..but what i am looking for is with faders....
is the CM labs good??????
Also, is the Tascam FW 1082 compatible with Protools???

Kit
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
the Frontier Design TranzPort is cheap..but what i am looking for is with faders....
is the CM labs good??????
Also, is the Tascam FW 1082 compatible with Protools???

Kit
I don't know about the FW1082, but the US2400 is. I love using my US2400 on both ProTools and Sonar.

Hope that helps.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

THe CM motormix will do the basic things you want it to but not having touch sensitive faders kind of sucks. Kind of a lot actually.
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Nut

i've found the US2400 and the FW 1884 on internet... but why is the FW1884 more expensive than the US2400????
US2400 looks bigger....
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
i've found the US2400 and the FW 1884 on internet... but why is the FW1884 more expensive than the US2400????
US2400 looks bigger....
The FW1884 is also an audio interface, like the digi002.
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Addict

hi

for something that is cheap that has faders and actually works is the behringer BCF 2000. on this occasion you should look past the name and check it out and judge it on its merits. i own one and for how much i paid you can't beat it

cheers ramet

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search