The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton Live Lite 4 help(please)
Old 1st June 2006
Here for the gear

Ableton Live Lite 4 help(please)

i'm trying to use a microphone with Abelton. i have an Mbox2 and when i plug everything in, the program recognizes the mic input(the peak limiter lights up when i speak into it) but i can't hear anything. does anyone know what i might/might not be doing?
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Make sure you have set up your audio preferences correctly. You go into options--preferences--hardware config and inputs and outputs. Make sure that you have your I/O enabled (they would light up green).
Then make sure that the output of your MBOX is the output track on your Master channel (the one all the way to the right).
When the peak limiter lights up, are you saying this is on your MBox or on your Ableton Live track. Don't forget that to hear any input, you need to arm your track (and have monitoring on Auto) or have On selected on monitoring.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search