The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
home studio help.. on a budget
Old 1st June 2006
Here for the gear

Question home studio help.. on a budget

hello. im relativly new to this and i need to prepare my room for recording some stuff. ive already got an M-Audio Fastrack:
http://www.platinum-records.com/M-Au...e-prod7290.htm
and i have the new cubase and a relativley new version of reason.
i have a guitar with a basic amp and i have access to drums. i have a reasonable voice mike and mice stand. i want to get a reasonable sound and i suppose that means soundproofing and whatnot.

the room is basically rectangular but has a large sloping roof, and a glass door out to a balconly i one corner.
ill post some pix soon but i want to make it so that i can get somthing that isnt really amaturish. i have only a small budget but dont mind doing alot of work myself. if theres any money saving solutions to this please shout up

any suggestions?
seroiusly any!
thanks

benny
Old 1st June 2006
hi mr Schweizer

well, you are located in Basel. there are the Basel-citystudios. you can call the guys there and ask for advice, maybe have a look in their studio. I will be there recording drums from the 12 of june to the 14..

http://www.baselcitystudios.com/

all you need is a first input from reallife then you can decide what to do and what not.

cheers George

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search