The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Whats ur thoughts on this A/D Converter
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

Whats ur thoughts on this A/D Converter

http://www.americanmusical.com/item-...05_87_205.html

Im lookin to get one just to see if I can up my quality a lil bit not right this second but soon. If u guys got any suggestions on a good one go a head and drop them. Id prefer to do american musical kuz I like their payment plans and I prefer to keep it under a grand for the moment. And Id prefer a Spdif connection also. Id be connecting it to my firewire audiophile.
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

read down the page and you will find two theards on this then do a search and you will find many more
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

i never noticed this site has a search function
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabiton
i never noticed this site has a search function
ill tell you the same as the guy on the futureproducers forum:
ITs a great interface, the consencus on this forum is that rme converters sound better than any other in that price range.
Old 29th May 2006
Gear Addict

I just read on another post that you own the 002. Honestly if you're going to upgrade from that, then upgrade to something you'll be pumped about for the next ten years... not another 'great for the money' option.

Seriously, the mod I told you about in my other post will take your 002 to the same standard as the RME and more IMO.

I'd put my modded motu against apogee any day... but maybe I'm just blinded by the lights of my own purchase and a little bias.

Peace.
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza
I just read on another post that you own the 002. Honestly if you're going to upgrade from that, then upgrade to something you'll be pumped about for the next ten years... not another 'great for the money' option.

Seriously, the mod I told you about in my other post will take your 002 to the same standard as the RME and more IMO.

I'd put my modded motu against apogee any day... but maybe I'm just blinded by the lights of my own purchase and a little bias.

Peace.
i dont have an 002 im very confused i never said i did
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizeh12
ill tell you the same as the guy on the futureproducers forum:
ITs a great interface, the consencus on this forum is that rme converters sound better than any other in that price range.
i am the guy from fp lol. i wanted more views than just what fp had to offer if u notice i even copied and pasted the exact same message on each site and a couple others
Old 29th May 2006
Gear Addict

My bad - you were the first reply to another post about ad/da - and your banner image stuck in my head.

RME's are solid bro. Cheers
Old 29th May 2006
Jai guru deva om

Hard to beat that RME in that price range.

War
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

This is a small point, but it's a better idea to try to post the essence of your post within the title.

For example:

"Opinions on RME ADI2?"

The way it's posted, people have to wade through a couple of levels to get to what you're even talking about; open the thread and click on the link and wait for the link to open.

Just a suggestion!

Max

Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
This is a small point, but it's a better idea to try to post the essence of your post within the title.

For example:

"Opinions on RME ADI2?"

The way it's posted, people have to wade through a couple of levels to get to what you're even talking about; open the thread and click on the link and wait for the link to open.

Just a suggestion!

Max

suggestion ignored
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
suggestion ignored
wow, and you want people to treat you with respect and answer your questions? hmmmm
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
suggestion ignored
And when posts start turning into chest pounding like that... you can bet your requests for advice will usually end up the same: Ignored.tutt
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

i dont like how he asked it. as if I did something wrong theres nothing wrong with reading the thread to see what Im actually asking its not like I made a thread saying HELP or Im confused or something like that it was specific on this A/D w/ my particular setup which is why i did it the way i did and his suggest was ignored
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper

For example:

"Opinions on RME ADI2?"

Just a suggestion!

Max

Xabiton-
perhaps read max's comment again--he wasn't condescending or rude, and his point is valid. you didn't mention a specific converter in the TITLE of the post, which is what he had suggested.
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

i still find his point to be pointless after reading it several times just how i feel about it
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
i still find his point to be pointless after reading it several times just how i feel about it
You're entitled to feel that way. I personally ignored your thread early on since I think it's pointless to ask for opinions on something without mentioning what it is, but rather making someone follow your links to read up on something they may already be familiar with. It boils down to you being too lazy to type in a description. When you insert a link, you can put a description right there as to what you're linking to. The main reason is that it's a time saver. Granted, it may only save a few seconds for any one person, but the net time savings for all the viewers of the thread amounts to more than the 10-15 seconds it would have taken you to type a description of the link. Maybe that helps you see the point. The suggestion was totally valid and delivered in a polite manner. Was your response to that suggestion delievered in kind?
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

what made u respond then? i mean if u ignored it thats fine personally I feel that sending someone to a visual of a product atleast imo is way more helpful than saying o its a a/d converter like this and like that ect. its not a way of being lazy its a way of getting more detail for anyone who is asking. Personally when someone asks me a question online the first thing I ask for is a link. but if something as small as giving u guys a link that takes 3 and a half seconds to see pisses u guys off that much then what r u really here for? to complain or to help kuz ive seen more people complain about how Ive asked the question and less about the subject
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

just the name of the piece will work because anyone who's able to help you will already be familiar with it.
Old 31st May 2006
Gear Nut

I have an RME and here's what I have to say to you about it: Dddor kkila ding ding ding, la la la. Lizaefefb; bkeax #### !!!

Of course, it goes without saying...YMMV.
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

Max was just trying to help you get more replies to your thread...

your response was rather rude.

just my observation.

i'm sure you'll say something pseudo-slick like "observation ignored" though...
Old 31st May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Well, I'm in agreement with Max, and you'll not get help from me either.
Old 31st May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
what made u respond then? i mean if u ignored it thats fine personally I feel that sending someone to a visual of a product atleast imo is way more helpful than saying o its a a/d converter like this and like that ect. its not a way of being lazy its a way of getting more detail for anyone who is asking. Personally when someone asks me a question online the first thing I ask for is a link. but if something as small as giving u guys a link that takes 3 and a half seconds to see pisses u guys off that much then what r u really here for? to complain or to help kuz ive seen more people complain about how Ive asked the question and less about the subject
What made me respond? That would be you, being obtuse. And for the record, it is absolutely, positively NOT the fact that you posted a link that pissed anyone off. It's the way you responded to a very constuctive comment, and the fact that you refuse to respect anyone else's point of view.
Old 31st May 2006
Gear Nut

Hey everybody... Let's all go looking for a REAL thread!
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

What do you guys expect when you question DaLegend?

Maybe he can change that to DaJackass.
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSVice
What made me respond? That would be you, being obtuse. And for the record, it is absolutely, positively NOT the fact that you posted a link that pissed anyone off. It's the way you responded to a very constuctive comment, and the fact that you refuse to respect anyone else's point of view.
I see ur point of view however I dont agree with it. If I dont believe in something Im not gonna just run with it Im not into the bandwagon **** but like I said if u guys dont like how I ask the question then don't bother with it. I feel that Max was complaining about something petty.
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGuitrst
What do you guys expect when you question DaLegend?

Maybe he can change that to DaJackass.
smh is that all u got? Ur supposed to be the mad guitarist why dont u say what u really mean?
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
smh is that all u got? Ur supposed to be the mad guitarist why dont u say what u really mean?
He said it just fine and it was funny.
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

then ur all on that stale ****
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
swhy dont u say what u really mean?
My pleasure.

You act like an ignorant bore.
You came here to supposedly ask an opinion.
Some one gave you a thoughtful opinion on how to maximize responses.
Your reply was jerked-off, period.
If you didn't want to listen to the suggestion, fine, you're certainly entitled to disagree; however, do it with the same respect you'd like to be treated with.....unless you're not the type to live a life of mutual respect, whch is just how you presented yourself. FYI, mutual respect does not = "bandwagon ****".

Personally, it appears to me you didn't want an opinion on anything, just confirmation that you are wise enough to pick a good product.

As for stale. all I have to do is listen to your music and I get more stale than I can stomach. I don't think it matters what converter you use....go buy a Behringer, it'll do just fine.

Other than that, I ain't getting into yo mamas wit-chou and am not going to participate in a Jerry Springer-like jerkfest beyond this post. Yeah, it's like that sometimes......I get to say what I want and then ignore this thread beyond this point.

Anyway, I hope you got what you were seeking and that you're happy.
And since ignorance is bliss you must be ecstatic.

Enjoy the Behringer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search