The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is The Safesound P1 better Than La 610 for feml Vx?
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Question Is The Safesound P1 better Than La 610 for feml Vx?

How does this unit compare to the La 610 I own. I consider it a good unit for female vocals. However we have decided we want more than one sound for the entire project. How about the chemeon labs pre/eq? Is the Adesigns mp2 a step up?
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

I guess the only way to know is to get a demo unit and compare it yourself. It's hard for others to decide what you'll like...

I'm not familiar with the Chameleon (other then that it looks to be some Neve clone). The A Designs will defenately be more open and 'hifi' then your LA610 pre-amp.
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM
I guess the only way to know is to get a demo unit and compare it yourself. It's hard for others to decide what you'll like...

I'm not familiar with the Chameleon (other then that it looks to be some Neve clone). The A Designs will defenately be more open and 'hifi' then your LA610 pre-amp.

Does that mean the safesound is something like a grace desings in tone? I owned and liked the grace but found it got unusable when it started to clip. This made ie hard to use with really dynamic voices without a comp. Is the safesound something like a grace with a built in comp?
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazztone
Does that mean the safesound is something like a grace desings in tone? I owned and liked the grace but found it got unusable when it started to clip. This made ie hard to use with really dynamic voices without a comp. Is the safesound something like a grace with a built in comp?
I never used the SafeSound, so can't say.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search