The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Interface for OSX & Logic- RME or Motu
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Interface for OSX & Logic- RME or Motu

I need a firewire interface for my G5 PowerMac

with 4 analogue outs 4 analogue ins, maybe some sort of digital out for unforseen future stuff. Oh and maybe 1 or 2 mic pre and xlr inputs and I will occasionally be recording in vinyl it at 24/44.1

I have a M-Audio Firewire audiophile but every now and again I get huge clicks and all the audio stops ( I think this is a wordclock problem, when it happens at Uni the engineer said that it's a wordclock issue) Also I'd like better ADDA

Anyway, with the view that my needs are very basic, what has the best quality AD/DA converters and works rock solidly with OSX tiger & logic 7.2 under £700?

But obviously would prefer £400 as I don't need many features just rock solid high quality sound.

I will always consider 2nd hand,

Metric Halo ULN2

RME Fireface 400 or 800

Motu Ultralite or 828 mk2

Thanks
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

With 400 quid to spend, i would say go with the Fireface 400 (It will cost more though) or a Focusrite Saffire Pro.

I use Logic / OSX and the RME FF800 has been a real performer for me. As for sound quailty, im lost for words.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Just checked out the TC Konnect 24D and its very tempting with the DSP

The EQ & compressor & reverb look pretty useful and I feel safe in knowing when I've got the money for an Apogee Ensemble then I can always get a Powercore and still be able to use the FX.

Probably too early but anyone tried the TC Konnect 24D?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search