The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
behringer ADA 8000
Old 22nd May 2006
Here for the gear

behringer ADA 8000

hey guyz, anyone know much about these's units ? im lookin at gettin one to use with a 002 rack for an extra 8 out's. I have been told that the convertes are really good in the ADA ? any words would be sweet ? ?
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I had some boxes by Behringer - half of them had to be fixed after a half year or so. One came broken brand new. Mind you, for the money it's a lot but you get what you pay for. The last remaining Behringer here is a compressor that sits in the rack in the rehearsal room so bands don't blow the tweeters on the P.A.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Try the search...the ADA 8000 has been discussed thoroughly before.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

The ada8000 is probably the most useful behringer gear. I've had mine for 2 years with no problems, although it really never gets used except for scratch tracks and as a talkback channel. It's converters are decent but you can't use just the converters, no matter what there is no way to avoid the pre on these things. If it's just for project stuff this amp will do you fine.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

best behringer gear. they used to be 200 bux.
Old 26th May 2006
url
Gear Head

I've been doing a loop back test to determine latency with these units. I have an rme 9652 and i've noticed something really weird. The mono file comes back upside down - polarity inverted. The method has been to run a balanced cable out of channel 1 (for example) and re-record back into channel 2. On analysis the file is perfectly upside down. What's more bizzare is when I attach a polarity inverted cable onto the cable in use, it comes back even more stuffed, not reinverted at all. Has anyone else noticed this. I have tried it on 2 of my 3 units on a number of different channels, same result. The cable is fine.
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Agreed- best product they do.
I don't patch much through it- mainly talkback and occassionally toms.
Clocked externally they sound much better.

JR
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Someone once told me the new marketing slogan for Peavy was "It Sounds Like Sh!t Forever!" Funny thing is that it's totally true.

If you need an interface to record an additional 8 sources, buy an ADA8000. If sound quality is a serious factor, buy something else, because it sounds pretty darn bad.

-C
Old 26th May 2006
Gon
Gear Head

Not claiming to be any sort of authority here, but I think the ADA8000 sounds quite ok for its price. Of course, building an 8 x AD/DA with preamps for 250€ means you'll have to cut corners somewhere, but I personally consider the ADA8000 the only Behringer-piece worth buying. Quite satisfied with mine (after all, it is pretty close to free), and the projects I've used it on (mostly in the demo-range, but nevertheless) have turned out OK, and the clients have been very happy with the sound. In a project studio, I think the ADA8000 is a very nice companion to the 002.

A word of warning though: A friend of mine had the same unit and had a little terrifying experience with it - he left it on with phantom power activated when he went to bed, and was awakened by the unit having caught on fire!
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon
Not claiming to be any sort of authority here, but I think the ADA8000 sounds quite ok for its price. Of course, building an 8 x AD/DA with preamps for 250€ means you'll have to cut corners somewhere, but I personally consider the ADA8000 the only Behringer-piece worth buying.
I didn't say that it didn't sound good for it's price, I said it sucks - there's a difference.

-C
Old 26th May 2006
Gon
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunasafedolphin
I didn't say that it didn't sound good for it's price, I said it sucks - there's a difference.

-C
Point taken

For people starting up a small mostly-for-hobby project studio, or for people just having some fun in their home studio, the ADA is quite adequate in my opinion. It's definitely not brilliant, but it's really not that terrible either.

A bit reluctant to leave mine on when I go to bed though

Behringer ULTRA SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION 8000
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Ive had a ADA8000 for about a year now. Its been great I use it to route my external outboard/fx into cubase. Ive only ever used the pre's once, when I needed it for a on-location recording gig. Did a ok job, nothing special but unlike behringer consoles, the ADA8000 isnt noisey. This is one of their most useful pieces of gear, along with the headphone amps, & patchbays.
Old 26th May 2006
url
Gear Head

Would any of you other owners have time or inclination to try the loopback test I did and see if you get the same result?
Old 29th May 2006
url
Gear Head

confirmed. the inputs and outputs are opposite polarities.
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Mentioning Behringer around here is a bit like farting in an elevator - folks may not say anything but they'll sure give you some funny looks!
Old 30th May 2006
url
Gear Head

I care very little what other people think.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search