The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EVENT ASP 8 (vs. KRK´s etc...) Studio Monitors
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Well I got my ASP8's and all I can say is wow, I've been mixing on ns10's for years and I must say the events still retain great high and mid range definition as well as the deep extended bass. The guys at the shop were raving about them as well saying ah you'll never use your ns10's again, i say "yeah sure", but I think they may be right. I did'nt compare them too Genelecs or Dynaudio or anything else. I know these monitors will serve me well.
I was listening to a lot of mixes I did in the past on the ns10's, some tracks were a bit bass heavy or high mid heavy listening back on the events but after mixing on the events and listening back on ns10's the mixes translated perfectly. I think the events are exceptional, no where near the best but they are great to work with. Im very happy.
Old 29th May 2006
Gear Maniac

i've been rockin' 20/20's for 5 years now, and havn't had one single problem with them...imo the tighter sweet spot of the 20/20's works to my advantage when in a smaller room....i'm looking forward to upgradin' to the ASP8's here in the near future....good to hear all these good things about 'em.

all the best

wyd
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRodd
I AB compared the Event ASP8 to the (older model) Event 20/20 and they are totally and utterly different.

Nothing similar about them.

This is exactly my experience as well. I had a set of 20/20s (passives) for several years. They served their purpose for a limited budget, but I wasn't sad to see them go. After trying out KRKs, M-Audios, Mackies, JBLs and Dynaudios, I surprised myself by purchasing another set of Events (ASP8s) about two years ago.

Don't judge the Event Studio Precision series by experiences you've had with (or heard about) their 20/20 or Tuned Reference products -- the Studio Precision line is worlds apart in sound quality. I have absolutely no regrets about choosing them. Their balance and translation is excellent and I think their spatial imaging is their best quality.

-Synth80s
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRodd
I AB compared the Event ASP8 to the (older model) Event 20/20 and they are totally and utterly different.

Nothing similar about them.

Event 20/20 is the entry level mons from event
ASP8´s are other breed...

from BOX contruction to drivers...

20/20´s suck compared to ASP8´s ( but $$$$ tells you why )

I prefer the PSP8´s ( pasives )
with a good matching amp...

Greets
Rolo.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search