The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
For all the Behringer haters
Old 11th January 2008
Lives for gear

There's only one sure way to deal with a company like Behringer... and that is to vote with your wallet.

Just don't buy their stuff... don't use it... don't recommend it...and tell everyone you know what you think of it.

If no one buys their blatant copies of other companies gear... then maybe they will get the message (however I am not optimistic).

Already their name is being associated with greedy, unethical business practices and cheaply built, crappy sounding products.... and their reputation grows daily. Anybody who is "in the know" is aware of this, and it shouldn't be too long before EVERYONE else knows it too.
Old 11th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSCO View Post
I have even heard them bringing out a copy of this:

behringer copy
With or without FM? thats one sweet radio!
Old 12th January 2008
Lives for gear

In fact Behringers' stolen design are getting copied by even cheaper companies like Phonic or Tapco

Phonic*AM 220 Mixer 2x Mic & 2x Stereo*@*Music Store

Tapco*Mix 50 Mixer*@*Music Store

Herwig
Old 12th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
In fact Behringers' stolen design are getting copied by even cheaper companies like Phonic or Tapco

Phonic*AM 220 Mixer 2x Mic & 2x Stereo*@*Music Store

Tapco*Mix 50 Mixer*@*Music Store
Herwig

Tapco is a Mackie line of products!
Old 12th January 2008
Lives for gear
<<But also noted that anyone who believes they got a tube to actually glow running on a starved plate design needs to be better educated.>>

Ummm....

Tubes "glow" when you supply 6.3 volts at around 1/3 of an amp to the heater, whether you have zero volts or 300 volts at the plates makes no visible difference whatsoever.

I am no fan of Behringer... but talking about folks needed to be "better educated" when you plainly do not know one end of a vacuum tube from the other is rather ironic.

Andy
Old 12th January 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66d35 View Post
<<But also noted that anyone who believes they got a tube to actually glow running on a starved plate design needs to be better educated.>>
(Should read)
...but also noted that anyone who believes they got a tube to actually make any useful gain or sound decent running on a starved plate design....

I dunno, to me 12AU7's or 12AX7's pretty much suck no matter what you do with them!
Old 13th January 2008
Gear Addict

Didn't read many posts, but I am pretty happy with my HA8000 if that counts.
Old 13th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdctom92 View Post
Didn't read many posts, but I am pretty happy with my HA8000 if that counts.
I will agree. its actually the only piece of there gear I own. it works well. I would monitor anything critical through it, but it works for headphone feeds for musicians.
Old 13th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
I wouldn't monitor anything critical through it, but it works for headphone feeds for musicians.
That sounds like an oxymoron to me...

For budget reasons I have to use a Behringer cue system in my studio but whenever I can I'm upgrading. Relaxed musician = good recording.

Herwig
Old 13th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Cool

Quote:
That sounds like an oxymoron to me...

For budget reasons I have to use a Behringer cue system in my studio but whenever I can I'm upgrading. Relaxed musician = good recording.

Herwig
Why is it a oxymoron? Do all headphone feeds in your studio end up in $400.00 cans on your performers ears? More than likely not and it that way in most studios. I would never think of running my Behringer headphone amp into $400.00 cans. But, I would run it to a drummer wearing $50.00 cans. What is oxymoron about that?
Old 13th January 2008
Gear Addict

" Jimi Xenyx "
Attached Thumbnails
For all the Behringer haters-hendrix-1.jpg  
Old 13th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why is it a oxymoron? Do all headphone feeds in your studio end up in $400.00 cans on your performers ears? More than likely not and it that way in most studios. I would never think of running my Behringer headphone amp into $400.00 cans. But, I would run it to a drummer wearing $50.00 cans. What is oxymoron about that?
IMO there are a lot of good phones in the sub $400 category, but there are no good cans and/or phone amps in the sub $100 category.

If a musician's comfortable with what he hears he'll play better. I *really*¨don't like the Behringer amps but will have to keep working with them until I can justify the cost of eg. a hearback or Furman 4+1 system (or something comparable)

Herwig
Old 14th January 2008

I guess that's the advantage of living in the USA - I can get Sennheiser HD280 and Sony 7506 for just under $100. Both are sealed and better than decent sound quality.

The problem with those cans in a studio that gets rented out is that neither of them are particularly robust.

-tINY

Old 14th January 2008
Gear Nut

I still have to laugh when I see rants against Behringer...Spare me the preaching.

Some would act as if they are the only company stealing designs, low-balling, engaging in shady business practices, and sending jobs overseas???

*COUGH* WAL-MART *COUGH*

So the next time you waste 5 dollars in time and gas to save 39 cents and destroy local businesses by shopping at Wal-Mart, feel happy in knowing YOU are perpetuating the Behringers of the world.

"It doesn't make it right!!" ...No, it does not, but you may as well reap some benefits from it, and unless you are reading this from a solar-powered laptop up in the mountains eating your home grown alfalfa sprouts, you are part of the cycle...

Boy, aint I a butthead?

Old 14th January 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatchman View Post
Yeah....I was laughing when I saw Behringer's latest "studio" power amp. Looks sooooo much like the Alesis RA 500....!.heh
lol, i haven't even took the time to look.
Old 14th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
IMO there are a lot of good phones in the sub $400 category, but there are no good cans and/or phone amps in the sub $100 category.
If a musician's comfortable with what he hears he'll play better.
Herwig
So your saying a guitar player that is listening to his a mix through a $600.00 headphone chain while standing in front (or in the same room) with a screaming guitar amp, or better yet a whole band, will play better. I think not.
Old 14th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
So your saying a guitar player that is listening to his a mix through a $600.00 headphone chain while standing in front (or in the same room) with a screaming guitar amp, or better yet a whole band, will play better. I think not.
No I'm not saying that - at all.

I'm only trying to say that a musician who has a 'bad' foldback sound (ie. a sound that is not comfortable for him/her) won't perform as good as if he had a 'good' foldback. Spending some money on your foldback system is as important (if not more important - IMO, YMMV,...) than spending lots of money on the rest of your recording chain.

To me: song -> musician/instrument -> room-choice/placement of microphone -> brand/cost of microphone -> preamp -> rest of recording chain. (don't know where to put 'recording engineer chops'), but that's another discussion.

The BCF2000 and BCR2000 are not exactly knockoffs of anything else, are they?

Herwig

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search