The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
For all the Behringer haters
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7161
yeah right, and that is the best you can come up with is it?... the old

"I dont actualy have any reply so i'll apply the <your reply wasn't intelligent>" sketch?

actualy the reply was as intelligent - But I'll try and put in terms you can understand
Seems you didn't get why I replied like that. You were plainly arrogant, which doesn't really seem intelligent to me. I was very aware of the point you wanted to make.

About that point of your first post (which you repeat again with this good example):

Quote:
Belgium sells alot of chocolate, it is an export commodity and it earns your country alot of money and a large part of your national export earnings just as Scotch Whisky does for Scotland (except because scotch whisky like N. Sea Oil, earns so much money the ENGLISH government retains all control of taxation on whisky & oil while pretending to give political independance to Scotland, but that's another story)

So, you make chocolate from cocoa mass which comes from poor people working in aweful conditions in South America, with no unions, no health care, and piss poor wages which barely sustains them

this allows Belgian chocolate companies to manufacture chocolate cheaply and sell it thus creating income which sustains your lifestyle indirectly
This is an intelligent, non arrogant way of making your point, so I'm happy to reply to it:

It's indeed unavoidable to live in a western country while not supporting some form of exploitation. On the other hand, this does not mean you've to stay indifferent for it.
Economics are more complex then that. It is possible to make a product that's both ethical and still supports western economy, and this does happen. Only problem is that not everybody does it like that, as most simply don't care. Same for the customer, most simply don't care. It's a form of egoïsm.

Why does Behringer makes tons of money on stolen gear designs and cheap manufacturing (with possible exploitation)? Cuz Uli doesn't care, he only cares about his own profit. He doesn't even seem to care about his customers, as he's selling them crap. Pure egoïsm.

He could do better by being happy with just a bit less profit, but he choose not to do so.

Quote:
understand now?

it's quite simple.
I've always understood, I just wanted you to be more polite on my forum
Old 25th May 2006

Maybe I'd buy more Behringer if it was a package deal with belgian chocolates....

-tINY

Old 25th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
I think you'd better go and live in a cave in the mountains and eat ants and wild honey or something, .
i thought thats how people from belgium live anyway... heh

greets from germany
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

No, man--in Belgium its all about ENDIVES and BEER!

Love visiting, personally. And most Belgians seem to be like lovely people. (Our Moderator included!!)

Better than Uve Behringer, anyway....fuuck

Cheers.

Words to live by:
1) Everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how wrong they may be.
2) Don't pick a pointless fight with a moderator.
Old 25th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle201
i thought thats how people from belgium live anyway... heh

greets from germany
Not very funny... look around in our own Germany how the standard of living has deteriorated for many people over the recent years. In a city like Antwerpen from my observations the quality of life is much higher than for example in my hometown Cologne, which is going downhill fast. So no reason to express your arrogance towards our friendly neighbors (or should I say fellow Europeans?).

Ok, illuminating the national motorways throughout the night is a bit extravagant but at least you see the road holes... heh
Old 25th May 2006
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

I think he was joking.

-Die Auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by genlock
Not very funny... look around in our own Germany how the standard of living has deteriorated for many people over the recent years. In a city like Antwerpen from my observations the quality of life is much higher than for example in my hometown Cologne, which is going downhill fast. So no reason to express your arrogance towards our friendly neighbors (or should I say fellow Europeans?).

Ok, illuminating the national motorways throughout the night is a bit extravagant but at least you see the road holes... heh
Old 25th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.RayBullard
I think he was joking.

-Die Auslander
At least he tried...
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer
> I'm not defending B here but they are by no means the only company doing this. It is a problem in general. <

No kidding! And I say this from personal experience...
You told me the name of the company overseas that had cloned your stuff. Who was that? heh

Glenn
Old 26th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedmaker
Here you are
Oh, come on - Those power switches are totally different.
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by genlock
oh my god, have you seen the smiley at the end of my text..

stop crying, dude, and try to understand irony when you see it the next time...
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

A civil war in Germany
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
heh
Old 19th June 2006
Lives for gear

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun0...cles/xenyx.htm

I wonder if somehow Mackie feel they should've been given the kudos and free advertisement for this product...

Good job Sos you are amateurs after all..
Old 20th June 2006
Lives for gear

$ .02

hmmmn wonder what got deleted.... maybe me... my favorite b story happened while i was employed as a bench at a retailer that carried lotsa stuff including "_insert here_" and as chance would have it in fullfilling my duties i had chance to open a new tube mic pre they had recently come out with... much to my surprise the only way they could get the tube to glow was to stick 3 org/yel leds behind the tube......
Old 20th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-tor
MAN!! Those BASTARDS!

Think they copied the pre-CBS ones?
Funny, even Fender doesn't know how to make a decent copy of anything Pre-CBS
Old 20th June 2006
Lives for gear

The 7161 fellow is really Tapkae, right??
Old 20th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Funny, even Fender doesn't know how to make a decent copy of anything Pre-CBS
heh heh heh heh
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

hey, did anyone (Brit's that is) see that report on newsnight last night about the british Uni's opening in China? It was about how chinese spend alot on sending their kids to UK institutions, and how this figure is dropping as more homegrown uni's open in china and how the foreign academic institutions are moving in to open branches there to provide the same kudos of a named uK Uni but at a reduced cost.

very interesting stuff, Nottingham Uni has a campus there now - quite funny, they built a complete copy of the Uk building - with about 35 British academics and others are following. Interesting stuff... the time to open a sound recording school in China staffed by western teachers would be ideal now perhaps. I dunno about the music scene but in films more and more people are going for post production in asia now cos they have way cheaper facilities.
Old 23rd June 2006
Here for the gear

The list of products that behringer has copied is endless.

One more example:

Old 23rd June 2006
Gear Maniac

I have even heard them bringing out a copy of this:

behringer copy
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

I just stumbled across this thread. Backtracking to the digital grand piano ad on page one of this thread...

Did anyone note the ad copy?

Quote:
"When we started the EUROGRAND project, we invited concert pianists, church musicians and piano teachers to give us input on their digital dream piano. They came up with a wish list that appeared just about impossible to achieve:

They wanted a digital piano to rival the sound of the finest acoustic piano. It should incorporate an 88-key, weighted hammer-action keyboard that provides the touch and feel of a concert grand.

Far from done with their requests, they also asked for 14 authentic instrument sounds, 80 Watts of stereo power and a 2-track sequencer for rehearsals. All built into a hand-polished wood cabinet with black lacquer finish. Impossible?"
Yep... every single one of the concert pianists I know (as well as church musicians and piano teachers) have "80 watts of stereo power" as one of their top three required features when buying an instrument. I think I met one guy who wanted only 13 authentic instrument sounds though, and was willing to settle for a machine polished cabinet...
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledog
Yep... every single one of the concert pianists I know (as well as church musicians and piano teachers) have "80 watts of stereo power" as one of their top three required features when buying an instrument. I think I met one guy who wanted only 13 authentic instrument sounds though, and was willing to settle for a machine polished cabinet...
LOL! heh
Old 23rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementedchord
hmmmn wonder what got deleted.... maybe me... my favorite b story happened while i was employed as a bench at a retailer that carried lotsa stuff including "_insert here_" and as chance would have it in fullfilling my duties i had chance to open a new tube mic pre they had recently come out with... much to my surprise the only way they could get the tube to glow was to stick 3 org/yel leds behind the tube......

Old news and well documented. But also noted that anyone who believes they got a tube to actually glow running on a starved plate design needs to be better educated. Oh and I believe presonus and art have done that same thing. Not that any of this matters anyway. Behri is what it is, I don't like it much, so I try not to use any of it.
Old 26th September 2006
Gear Nut

Old thread gets a jumpstart

Has anyone here LISTENED to the DCX2496 or the SRC2496?
Sure, they have flimsy cases and cheapo connectors, but the SQ pretty is damn good.

I just hope they don't catch on fire.

I wont sway the prejudice of those here who have decided to hate it regardless of how good these 2 pieces sound or what great values they are, and thats OK.
Old 10th January 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7161 View Post
havent we already done the 'Racist/nationalistic white boys and their dumb stereotyped racist perceptions of China' sketch?

yeah right, 'slave children' make behringer gear, lol... and smoke heroin pipes too right? and they dress in rags? and live on a bowl of millet every week? and the factory is made of bamboo with a palm leaf roof? and they carry the manufactured Behringer goods to the airport in a f*ckin donkey cart?

lmfao fuuck fuuck fuuck

So aren't you also spitting hate by stereotyping "White Boys" as being "Racist/Nationalistic"?

Hey!, speaking of stereotypes the Ultrafex Pro has a pretty cool "surround processor" that is actually a stereo imager. (obvious) One of the few products from them that I dig. Not sure what type of slave kids built them (or most of your [email protected]#$) though.

Old 10th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-tor View Post
MAN!! Those BASTARDS!

Think they copied the pre-CBS ones?
The CBS ones were crap! What's wrong with you!heh
Old 10th January 2008
Gear Maniac

I'm getting to the game kind of late here... only been at this home recording thing for a little under a year. But... I have had a few of my designs and processes patented in my day job, so here is the thing I wonder when people talk about "stealing designs".

Aren't any of these designs covered by patents? If so, the infringer can be made to stop pretty easily.

However I think it may be more likely that many of the designs are not covered by patents. I think if you put a product out there and don't patent it then either:

1. it wasn't patentable to begin with because it was obvious to anyone skilled in the art or was known publicly

2. it was patentable but somebody messed up. Patents are your friend when you make great products. Get the patent in the US and nobody can sell it here. The US is a big market so bigger companies won't bother copying you if they can't sell into what is probably the biggest part of the market.

Are a lot of these recording rigs simply unpatentable? I've seen that in the case of guitar amps for example, many of the "classic" amps are largely based on the most basic of schematics that were provided by the tube manufacturers to their customers for free in the hope they'd find ways to use and buy more tubes. No way you could patent that(it wasn't your idea). Are the designs in the recording gear realm that widely known or do their originators consider them to be unique and patentable?
Old 11th January 2008
Lives for gear

There have been lawsuits, several of them in fact.

In the Ebtech case with the cable tester, they found that they could not afford to fight Behringer in court due to Behringer's deep pockets, so they had to let it drop.

There is a rumor that in the Mackie 8-bus lawsuit, it was pointed out that not only did Behringer copy the Mackie identically, they also copied a flaw in the Mackie design!!! From what I heard, that was the nail in the coffin for Behringer in that particular case.

At one point, Behringer USA was fined US$1 million for some violation, but they found out it was cheaper to pay the fine than to comply. Now that is integrity for you!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search