The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
For all the Behringer haters
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Maniac

I think it's absolutely shameless that someone would come along take someone else's ideas, build on them and tweak them a little and then market them as thier own brand. It's creative theivery .. makes me sick .. I'm going to go listen to some jazz.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
They are DEFINATELY NOT and CANNOT be stealing his designs. Unless he "created" the concept of using cloth covered rigid insulation?

I think a simple no would have been adequate.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee

Yep ive seen that before.

Is that a rip to.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu
God i love the ignore button.
No offence intended.

JR
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7161
can I ask, how do you know 'the original' wasnt oem in china and behringer just used the same box?
i mean there is mic's on the market from different companies with the same shell etc but from different brands. all the difference is, is the brand name on the mic.
No, this is not the case here.
Mackie mixers were designed in house- Behringer's MX8000 is very similar to the Mackie 8 Bus- right down to colouring.
In my dim disant past I bought one- it went back under warranty 8 times due to faulty LED's, channels going down, dry solder, yadda yadda yadda.
Behringer's guitar pedals are direct rip offs of Boss, or Electro Harmonix or... etc

The only Behringer product I own is the ADA8000- it works fine, as long as you clock it externally- I'm replacing it as soon as I can afford to.

JR
Old 19th May 2006
Quote:
Yep ive seen that before.

Is that a rip to.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/HP109/index.html

I wouldn't call this a rip-off. How original is it to put a weighted-key digital piano in an abreviated baby grand case?

I bet they saw the Roland befor they got the idea, though...

-tINY

Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondjames
No offence intended.

JR
Thats cool man.

I hang at forums waaaay too much.

See a lot of **** and i get upset quick.

Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

can I ask, how do you know 'the original' wasnt oem in china and behringer just used the same box?
i mean there is mic's on the market from different companies with the same shell etc but from different brands. all the difference is, is the brand name on the mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondjames
No, this is not the case here.
Mackie mixers were designed in house- Behringer's MX8000 is very similar to the Mackie 8 Bus- right down to colouring.
In my dim disant past I bought one- it went back under warranty 8 times due to faulty LED's, channels going down, dry solder, yadda yadda yadda.
Behringer's guitar pedals are direct rip offs of Boss, or Electro Harmonix or... etc

The only Behringer product I own is the ADA8000- it works fine, as long as you clock it externally- I'm replacing it as soon as I can afford to.

JR
i meant the di box thingy, not the mixers
Old 21st May 2006
Gear Nut

ebtech and behr cable testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedmaker
Here you are

Oh c'mon, those boxes totally different! The Behringer one isn't even the same COLOR! And those pictures aren't taken at the same angle so you can't compare the backside jacks.

People get SO PICKY!

-sarcasm off-
Old 21st May 2006
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRR

Ripping off Samson! Now they have hit rock bottom! They should have ripped off the Big Knob at least...

heh
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Behringer and other cheapo gear manufacturers use LED's to give there valve or "toob" gear the glow from behind the tubes, haha what a joke, pull em apart and have a look for yourself, they even start glowing slowly to give an impression of valves warming up. That is bloody sick! I don't know if that is classed as design theft too, hahaha.
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmeg II.
The first demo units of the eurodesk had a mackie 8buss pcb inside!
And the placement of the knobs, switches, leds, plugs is all the same with behringer and mackie 8buss.
I don't think so at all. Especially since they don't even have the same knobs etc. On the Mackie you have selectable bandwidth of the highmid eq if I remember correctly, so how could it be the same **** inside?

Behringer just wanted to look as close as possible to snatch some mackie-market, but what's in there is not the same.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Behringer and other cheapo gear manufacturers use LED's to give there valve or "toob" gear the glow from behind the tubes, haha what a joke, pull em apart and have a look for yourself, they even start glowing slowly to give an impression of valves warming up. That is bloody sick! I don't know if that is classed as design theft too, hahaha.
so what... it's just to pander to what noobs expect from a 'tube'. Jeez, go a write a Bible or something eh Behringer do what they do, that's the modern world and it happens in all areas of product from kettles to watches, so get over it, or invent a time machine.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Do a google search for the APHEX lawsuit, which was the first of several that rocked our industry around a decade ago.

The thing about B is....they have been doing this for some time, copying the FAULTS in other products, down to the screen print on the circuit board- they would never bother to try and improve, or make a decent product BETTER with good R&D.

The Cease & Desist orders and legal fees in these lawsuits are staggering-
and there is a good reason you don't see B at AES in the USA.

Cheers-
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
so what... it's just to pander to what noobs expect from a 'tube'. Jeez, go a write a Bible or something eh Behringer do what they do, that's the modern world and it happens in all areas of product from kettles to watches, so get over it, or invent a time machine.
Yeah Behringer do what they do allright, Chinese slave kids making your ****ty gear for you, well done.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

If you can stay away from B tutt. Some time ago I picked up their T1954 (which is something like and aphex big bottom/aural exciter wanabee ), it was on sale for 80EUR so I was really curious about that thing. Looks nice, sounds ****

boom boom bass, harsh high-mids, in general a piece of CRAP. went back to the box the other day

dfegad dfegad dfegad

oh and another lucky pair - the ECM8000 and the C550
Attached Thumbnails
For all the Behringer haters-c550h.jpg   For all the Behringer haters-ecm8000_medium.jpg  
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Nut

They are duping vintage amps now too.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckpunk
They are duping vintage amps now too.
MAN!! Those BASTARDS!

Think they copied the pre-CBS ones?
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Addict

Beringer suck not just because they are stealing but also because we don't need their products. But really the stores happily carry their s$#@@ and push it cause the markup on a Beringer product is huge. So greed begets greed.
Why make ****tier versions of Prosumer gear?? Why can't they do somthing usefull like put out cheap DSP cards.
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Nut

copying firmware and drivers is a little harder than ripping analog and ergo. design. hence no cheap dsp.

by-tor, their silverface series is called "two-face" and the blackface series is called "bald face"
Old 25th May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
I think a simple no would have been adequate.

Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers. I just didnt think No without a reason would have been explanatory. And someone would have probably asked why I thought as I did.

Plus from the way your question was worded, It seemed you could have been implying that ready traps stole someone's design.

You asked "Are those ready traps stealing your designs too"

I could be read as they have stolen someone's design and they might be stealing Ethan's as well.

I have no connection to the Company. I just happen to like their product and service so I spoke out.
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah Behringer do what they do allright, Chinese slave kids making your ****ty gear for you, well done.
havent we already done the 'Racist/nationalistic white boys and their dumb stereotyped racist perceptions of China' sketch?

yeah right, 'slave children' make behringer gear, lol... and smoke heroin pipes too right? and they dress in rags? and live on a bowl of millet every week? and the factory is made of bamboo with a palm leaf roof? and they carry the manufactured Behringer goods to the airport in a f*ckin donkey cart?

lmfao fuuck fuuck fuuck
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
havent we already done the 'Racist/nationalistic white boys and their dumb stereotyped racist perceptions of China' sketch?

yeah right, 'slave children' make behringer gear, lol... and smoke heroin pipes too right? and they dress in rags? and live on a bowl of millet every week? and the factory is made of bamboo with a palm leaf roof? and they carry the manufactured Behringer goods to the airport in a f*ckin donkey cart?

lmfao fuuck fuuck fuuck
No need to close your eyes for the very well existing child labour in China, and to make it look a ridiculous problem. The statement of 'heathen' wasn't racistic, it was pointing out the bad company ethics of certain western companies in China (which possibly include Behringer).
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
No need to close your eyes for the very well existing child labour in China, and to make it look a ridiculous problem. The statement of 'heathen' wasn't racistic, it was pointing out the bad company ethics of certain western companies in China (which possibly include Behringer).
sorry?... you cant read?

he wrote:

Quote:
which was what I was replying to

so please, shove your comment, you only have YOUR lifestyle in Belgium or in any other relatively wealthy capitalist country due to the exploitation of poor people abroad (AND at home!) like we all do living in capitalist societies- do you do any of the following

wear trainers, sportswear or any clothing from major stores like GAP, etc
Eat certain imported fruit, fish, vegetables etc (shrimps, king-prawns, mange tout, peaches, bananas, snapperfish, mangoes, etc etc?)
use petrol or oil or ANY plastic products?
Carry your plastic bags home from the supermarket?
Take your kids to macdonalds?
Use a computer?
eat Sarah Lee cakes?
Have your World Cup national flag bolted to your car window?
Drink coffee or tea or use sugar or drink any caffeinated soft drinks?
eat take away Pizza?

etc etc etc etc

then you are using exploited labour by your definition of it.

I think you'd better go and live in a cave in the mountains and eat ants and wild honey or something, but please dont try and hand me some left-wing schoolkids idea about the world & how it works, I'm too old for that middle-class 'safe european home' rubbish.
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
sorry?... you cant read?

he wrote:

which was what I was replying to

so please, shove your comment, you only have YOUR lifestyle in Belgium or in any other relatively wealthy capitalist country due to the exploitation of poor people abroad (AND at home!) like we all do living in capitalist societies- do you do any of the following

wear trainers, sportswear or any clothing from major stores like GAP, etc
Eat certain imported fruit, fish, vegetables etc (shrimps, king-prawns, mange tout, peaches, bananas, snapperfish, mangoes, etc etc?)
use petrol or oil or ANY plastic products?
Carry your plastic bags home from the supermarket?
Take your kids to macdonalds?
Use a computer?
eat Sarah Lee cakes?
Have your World Cup national flag bolted to your car window?
Drink coffee or tea or use sugar or drink any caffeinated soft drinks?
eat take away Pizza?

etc etc etc etc

then you are using exploited labour by your definition of it.

I think you'd better go and live in a cave in the mountains and eat ants and wild honey or something, but please dont try and hand me some left-wing schoolkids idea about the world & how it works, I'm too old for that middle-class 'safe european home' rubbish.
Try to reply with more intelligence and less arrogance next time, so that it might actually become a usefull post.
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

yeah right, and that is the best you can come up with is it?... the old

"I dont actualy have any reply so i'll apply the <your reply wasn't intelligent>" sketch?

actualy the reply was as intelligent - But I'll try and put in terms you can understand

Belgium sells alot of chocolate, it is an export commodity and it earns your country alot of money and a large part of your national export earnings just as Scotch Whisky does for Scotland (except because scotch whisky like N. Sea Oil, earns so much money the ENGLISH government retains all control of taxation on whisky & oil while pretending to give political independance to Scotland, but that's another story)

So, you make chocolate from cocoa mass which comes from poor people working in aweful conditions in South America, with no unions, no health care, and piss poor wages which barely sustains them

this allows Belgian chocolate companies to manufacture chocolate cheaply and sell it thus creating income which sustains your lifestyle indirectly

understand now?

it's quite simple.
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
it's quite simple.
Well It Always Seems To Be That Way .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search