The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
i cant belive i am asking this...stupid behringer!
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Maniac

i cant belive i am asking this...stupid behringer!

has anyone used the behringer mon800? I was thinking about purchasing one to ONLY use for talkback and routing my headphones. I WOULD NEVER USE IT FOR MY MAINS!!! The reason I ask is because I have another way to do talkback and headphones, but it sucks because it is fairly far away from me and I am wasting two tracks on my console to do it. With this $40 gear, I would be able to footswitch the talkback and not have to reach for my board and I could position it closer so i wouldn't have to turn up the mic so loud and I wouldn't lose 2 of my tracks. I know that this gear is crap, but would it be good enough for heaphones and talkback? thanks for your help.

humble and cheap in indianapolis
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

Do you mean as your headphone amp?

If so, I wouldn't go there. Headphone amps are massively under-rated. A great headphone amp will really help you lift the cue mix, which is key to a great vocal take.

If none of this is relavent to you then I guess just try it out from a store you can return it to.

I'm outta here before the whole Behringer flame war kicks into full swing

Cheers - Rez
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Maniac

well, i understand the flame war if it comes. I would not be using it as my headphone amp...just a way to get the signal to my headphone amp. think of it as an intermediary so i can use the talkback. my chain would go 002 -> mon800 -> snake -> heaphone amp.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

how would you hook up a footswitch to this?
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hey, $40 for a convenient talkbalk. It seems to me you can't really go wrong.
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Maniac

there is a footswitch input on the back.
Old 10th May 2006
Here for the gear

I have the mini headphone amp thingy and it seems to be working pretty well...It's really quiet and doesn't get all trashy and distorted like I expected it to. I say go for it. It can't be that bad. I'm not seeing the footswitch thingy though.
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakestheclown
I have the mini headphone amp thingy and it seems to be working pretty well...It's really quiet and doesn't get all trashy and distorted like I expected it to. I say go for it. It can't be that bad. I'm not seeing the footswitch thingy though.
it is just a 1/4" jack on the back left side...i read the manual and it is in there. it isn't really labeled very well on the back. This thing is an exact rip off from the samson c-control...for some reason i really have no problem with that considering it saved me $50. maybe that makes me a bad person...or maybe just someone that doesn't give a **** about companies business practices.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search