The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ipad and amps
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

Ipad and amps

i know how to connect my guitar to an ipad - but i'd like to know how can i send the signal from ipad to an amp or PA? i basically want to use my ipad as my effects rack for a studio mess-around gig (not playing live in front of a crowd so i don't care about the ultimate sound). everything i've found is to connect ipad to a computer but its so hard to find info on connecting to an amp or external sound system? i basically want to use amplitube for my effects chain.
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMAllen View Post
that looks exactly like what i need, but at that price...oof. that's steep. i was thinking more in terms of which radio shack cables would allow connecting ipad to an amp or PA, guess ipad isn't there yet.
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
that looks exactly like what i need, but at that price...oof. that's steep. i was thinking more in terms of which radio shack cables would allow connecting ipad to an amp or PA, guess ipad isn't there yet.
This:
BEHRINGER: UCG102

Plus the Apple Camera Kit (which gives you a USB port; there are a boatload of apps that require/use the Camera Kit to hook up USB devices with your iPad).

Line level from the headphone out to your amp might require impedence matching; I'm not sure though.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search